ID ID - Michael “Monkey” Vaughan, 5, last seen near home, Fruitland, 27 Jul 2021 #1 *endangered*

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ReadySet, if my post offended, I am sorry. My life experience having been in and later working with LE over many years tends to color my view on specific subjects.
Your post triggered me. I had to reset. Don’t apologize. Please. You’re right and appreciated to pass on your wisdom. In June, I could very well have been the subject of a thread. I made one very very poor decision in a moment of pure stress and adrenaline. I went for a walk around the neighborhood and got lost. Very lost. Pouring rain. No phone. Five hours later, I end up injured in an ER with detectives from two different counties taking reports…
One bad decision…

Last edited:
Early location/time targeted LE requests to residents for security camera footage have surely been reviewed by now. The request was amended later to expand the criteria and narrow the location. Perhaps the press conference will shed light on surveillance received.

Last edited:
I have a very bad feeling about Monkey. I get no off vibes from the parents. I think he's a friendly kid, known around the neighborhood. Except someone wasn't his friend.

MOO
Me either. Mum appears to be very loving and enjoys her kids.

ETA: Hope that makes sense without saying too much.

There was a big emphasis on the searches, the agencies and locations and equipment they have used to search.

Drained a septic tank that had a makeshift wooden cover made with a 2x6. Geesh! That's negligence right there.

Searched 200 trash cans...200 houses...they seem to be focusing on his neighborhood for sure. Thanked the residents in various subdivisions.

Searched the Snake using all kinds of watercraft, even a paraglider.

Searching pond(s) and sloughs with divers. Friend who knows the area better than me says there are a lot of ponds in the area. I heard somewhere there is a lot of duckweed there so makes searching very difficult. Even with sonar.

I realize the searching is two-fold, not only to find a wandered away MV, but a concealed MV...

60 different videos from residential and security cameras

"Five year olds are crafty. They can get into small places." Referencing asking people to search their property again.

Have searched over 3000 acres of farm ground. Searched 29 miles of river bank.

On the surface, sounds like they think he got himself into someplace.
Reading between the lines, sounds like someone , may have concealed him. JMO

60 different videos from residential and security cameras

"Five year olds are crafty. They can get into small places." Referencing asking people to search their property again.

Have searched over 3000 acres of farm ground. Searched 29 miles of river bank.

On the surface, sounds like they think he got himself into someplace.
Reading between the lines, sounds like someone , may have concealed him. JMO
Great re-cap! I agree on both fronts.

Despite how incredibly thoroughly they have already searched, they still seem very focused on the neighborhood and not focused on outreach elsewhere. IMO, they do not have any evidence to suggest he was taken out of the neighborhood and probably have good reason to believe he is still there.

One thing I thought was interesting was Chief Huff's appeal for information, including from people who may be scared to talk to them. A witness could fear talking if for example they saw a boy playing by the river and didn't do anything about it, but I got the sense it was more about a witness who had suspicions of foul play. Any thoughts on that?

JMO.

One thing I thought was interesting was Chief Huff's appeal for information, including from people who may be scared to talk to them. A witness could fear talking if for example they saw a boy playing by the river and didn't do anything about it, but I got the sense it was more about a witness who had suspicions of foul play. Any thoughts on that?

I thought that plea was very...direct? It felt more specific than the rest of the appeals about searching properties, looking at cameras, etc. It gave me a sense that he was talking to someone specifically. I'm wondering if they have strong suspicions about someone but aren't getting cooperation from those around that person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa