Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #66 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a little experiment in my head last night related to Suzanne's BFF being the star witness... I, like Suzanne, have an out of state BFF, so I tried to use my experience to see how much info I think SO might have in regards to SM & BM's everyday life. Based purely on the way my BFF and I talk and text and when possible, interact in person, I would say SO is much more aware of who Suzanne is and was than Barry could have ever hoped to be. I am in a good marriage where we have an equal partnership, but my BFF still knows every single time my husband so much as irritates me, even if my husband is not aware that he irritated me. She knows literally everything about me. Female BFFs are gifts from God. I don't have to hide anything from my husband, but we don't have the DEEP conversations that her and I do. She knows the intricacies of my feelings, thoughts, and dreams that my husband just has the base level of. It's not that he doesn't care, but he can't relate to much of it the way another female can. I have a feeling that what Suzanne shared with Melinda will be very eye-opening, but I would bet 2 homicide lasagnas that SO has ALL the information that BM doesn't want anyone to know and that her testimony will be even more compelling than that text from SM to MM. SO is the person that is truly going to help us get to know Suzanne. I'm sad for her though. In my experiment, I wondered what it would feel like to be her on the stand at a murder trial where my BFF was the victim... I think her testimony will be insightful, but gut-wrenching. I hope when a jury is picked that it ends up being primarily women and women that have a soul-sister BFF cuz they will "get" SM & SOs bond. We don't lie to or sugarcoat anything with our BFFs. It is a raw, unfiltered relationship like no other. I am sending prayers of strength and healing to SO.

JMO
I have the opposite experience. Since I share everything with my SO, I don't confide intimate secrets with my BFF, good or bad. However, if I had a bad relationship, I would be confiding like crazy, which for me lends more credibility to Suzanne's BFF. Not criticizing. Just another insight from a different school.

You can be CERTAIN there'll be parking lot video! Barry blustered bigly that he did nothing wrong there, there's cameras everywhere.

Which tells me two things:
He probably did do something wrong. And he was unaware of any cameras. Until LE likely showed him some nice clear video....

Whatcha doin', Barry?

If I had to guess where he parked, I'll wager THREE homicidal lasagnas and a LWOP cannoli that he parked AWAY from obvious cameras... but forgot about nearby businesses.

His room key will fill in the blanks.

Besides all that. I think the Prosecution knows what he did with his wife. And that's precisely why they can't find her.

JMO

Great points! Have chlorine, will travel? Or was it purchased in Broomfield, thoughts?

It will not be broadcast. As far as we know right now, live tweeting is all we'll get. :(

Which is why, if I had the ingredients on hand (which I would have, if our freezer hadn't died), I'd be making lasagna tomorrow.

Mine died, too, and it's taking forever to get a new refrigerator. So, I'm going to do take out. It'll be homicidal lasagna for sure.

Just making sure I understand correctly. So the 8-9 witnesses slated for tomorrow, will likely be various LE officers from different agencies? In other words, it would be highly unlikely SO (for example) will testify?

Sorry to ask questions which have already been asked, I'm playing catch-up on all this. Also, if only two witnesses appeared in the KB case, what's the difference in this case?

IMO, the biggest difference here is that in the Frazee case, the prosecutor had a cooperating key witness (KK) that was first solicited by Frazee to kill the victim, and when she didn't follow through, Frazee killed Kelsey himself and called on KK to clean up the crime scene and help destroy the evidence. The information provided by the key witness is no doubt what narrowed Frazee's preliminary hearing down to one day versus multiple days.

The two witnesses called to testify (Woodland Park Police Officer and CBI Agent) were able to describe the investigation process, cadaver dog search, play recorded interviews with the defendant, provide accounts from other witnesses, and present to the court, details obtained from several search warrants including surveillance videos and phone data (calls and locations) for the defendant, victim, and the key witness. CBI Agent also described how KK walked them through the crime scene, transporting the body, and how they corroborated her story.

The prosecutor subpoenaed one more witness, Frazee's mother, but when she was called to testify against her son, her attorney advised the court that she would be invoking the 5th Amendment and the Judge ultimately dismissed her subpoena and she was removed from the courtroom. The prosecutor wanted the mother to testify what time Frazee arrived home for Thanksgiving dinner and describe the tall fire on her property when the victim's body was burned. In dismissing her subpoena, the judge cited that the preliminary was not the time to call the mother to testify and the prosecution could enter this information by other means or witness.

Another key moment for me was when the defense cross-examined the Woodland Park Police Officer on the technology used for the cell phone tower pings tracking the defendant and the victim's phones. Officer described the rural area towers and service but said he was not a cell phone expert. IMO, this was a good example of getting the information on the record without bringing in the trial witness (i.e., cell phone experts can easily take up 2 full days at trial).

At the end of the day, despite objections from the defense that the prosecution did not offer direct evidence that Frazee was present for Kelsey's murder, the judge ruled there was enough evidence for him to stand trial.

ETA: It's possible that one or more of the 8 witnesses on the list is somebody LE (i.e., the prosecution) has not been able to interview. The subpoenaed witness might also invoke their 5th Amendment right not to testify. Can't wait until Monday morning! :eek:

Last edited:
Mine died, too, and it's taking forever to get a new refrigerator. So, I'm going to do take out. It'll be homicidal lasagna for sure.

We just emptied our fridge and freezer....long power out...not interested in food poisoning.
No fancy cooking here with my busy agenda on Monday and Tuesday.....lol.

Time to go generator shopping (on Wednesday.)

IMHO

As I'm sure we all suspect, there's some seriously damning information in that AA. Stuff I honestly don't think Barry wants anyone to know, let alone his daughters. So, that being said, do you suppose it was dear old dad himself that gave the girls info as to the contents? I suppose if I were in his shoes I would, but prefaced with the old "this is all a lie, but this is what they're saying I did".

Bbm- Considering this is also what he’s probably telling his own lawyers, I’d say that’s a safe bet! Everybody is out to get him to safe themselves… Gaslighter to the end.

We just emptied our fridge and freezer....long power out...not interested in food poisoning.
No fancy cooking here with my busy agenda on Monday and Tuesday.....lol.

Time to go generator shopping (on Wednesday.)

IMHO
No fancy meals here in the next couple of days. The A/C in my car went out it’s too danged hot to go shopping. I did drool over the homicide lasagna recipe and emailed it to myself for future use. Tomorrow I will have Pizza Hut on speed dial ( and lots of Pepcid on board).

Remember the reporter that BM showed the “love letters’ to? Yesterday someone asked her on Twitter if she would be tuning in to the emergency hearing and she replied:

You betcha!

https://twitter.com/jamiealeary/status/1424116252679802887?s=21

https://denver.cbslocal.com/video/4...early-6-months-since-his-wifes-disappearance/Barry Morphew Sits Downs With CBS4 Nearly 6 Months Since His Wife's Disappearance
Still mystified why he thought old letters to him, showed how much he loved her.
Maybe just something to say that involved her.

No fancy meals here in the next couple of days. The A/C in my car went out it’s too danged hot to go shopping. I did drool over the homicide lasagna recipe and emailed it to myself for future use. Tomorrow I will have Pizza Hut on speed dial ( and lots of Pepcid on board).
As good as the lasagna sounded, (my better half isn't a fan) so we're Traders Joe's frozen Onion soup and Garlic knots, something about "KNOTS" seems appropriate. I see you are "here4Gannon", with Letecia following in September you can't have too much Pepcid on board, go for it Cindi :D:D

Last edited:
Still mystified why he thought old letters to him, showed how much he loved her.
Maybe just something to say that involved her.
This was his response to the backlash from selling his home. If you’ve noticed, Barry responded to every negative story with an interview.

From MG and JP’s accounts, to him confronting searchers with a gun, to Andrew accusing him of murder on Dr. Phil.

There was always a response.

So this interview was to take the heat off himself:

“See how much we loved one another…”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads