Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #66 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

·

I’m in Salida where a line has formed to get into court to see #BarryMorphew’s preliminary hearing. He’s accused of killing his wife #SuzanneMorphew Hearing will not be live-streamed to public, but I will be live tweeting updates from court in this thread. Follow along #9News

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

·

I'm inside courtroom in Salida where Barry Morphew will soon enter for preliminary hearing. About 10 attorneys from both sides present, a handful of media, and a handful of members of the public/family/friends. It's a small courtroom. No more than 40 or so people in total #9News
Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

Judge has walked into courtroom and court is in session. Barry Morphew is wearing a suit and cowboy boots, different from the prison jumpsuit he was wearing when he was in court the day after he was arrested. He is wearing a blue surgical mask. Everyone in court is wearing masks

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

Prosecution calls first witness. Commander Alex Walker with Chafee County Sheriff's Office. Walker detailing when he first heard Suzanne was missing on May 10, 2020. He says family got worried when Suzanne's daughters tried to wish mother a happy mother's day and never heard back

Marc Sallinger
@MarcSallinger

Walker testifies deputies found a bicycle when they began searching for Suzanne. Says deputies found no damage to bike, no skid marks leading to bike, no signs of struggle, no blood no torn clothes. Deputies originally said Suzanne was last seen on bike ride when reported missing

7:30 AM · Aug 9, 2021

Tweet:
It is dusk. The deputies are perplexed as to how the bike could get here.

We hear their chatter. “I don't know if she was coming down and lost control or got exhausted and fell over the edge.” It is dusk. Very tough terrain with logs, grass, hills, rocks.
If this is a tweet it needs a link Warwick, thanks.

Replying to
@MarcSallinger
Court is now watching body worn camera video of a deputy finding the mountain bike. Deputy can be heard on camera calling out Suzanne's name while searching through wooded area. Barry seems to be looking straight ahead and watching video in court, writing notes to lawyers.

7:34 AM · Aug 9, 2021

Replying to
@MarcSallinger
Video lasted about 10min. Commander Walker says deputies asked dispatch to ping Suzanne's phone. Last activity came back at 4:23am on May 10 to Poncha Springs tower, early in the morning the day she went missing.

7:43 AM · Aug 9, 2021·

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member