GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Awaiting Sentencing*, #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he has done this before, i think he needed to increase the risk and chose a low risk target and that is why he got caught.

i think up until now he chose women who no one missed

Agreed. I think women who no one missed likely didn't get a lot of time put on their cases. Hence him not being tied to them.... Yet. I think they are taking a closer look at them now but all that takes time.

Anything is possible but I think that if there were any serious suggestions that he was responsible for similar crimes we'd have heard about it by now.

Whenever something like this happens the cry is always he's obviously done it before. That can't always be true though as there has to be a first. I see no evidence (even rumour) that he's done anything like this before.

To respectfully disagree... We didn't see any evidence (even rumor) that a police officer exposed himself multiple times. Not until Sarah went missing. They swept it under a rug. Someone the world cared about (or so it sure seems now) was what got that info into the news. To me, an officer exposing himself should have been pretty big news and something should have been done about it back when the events happened.

The mixed profile could include her boyfriend’s DNA. Semen can be detected on a high vaginal swab for up to 7 days.
I agree. If that's where the DNA was from and attempts to destroy her body had destroyed whatever was there to a point where clear reference samples (from boyfriend and WC) could be used. Clearly whatever it was couldn't be identified using reference samples.

The part that intrigued me however was the statistical analysis, seeing whether the DNA was from blood and semen and that it allowed them to ascertain where she was raped and murdered. That's what made me wonder if it were trace samples from elsewhere.

But I really don't know. I'm just pondering

Ha! "Barely touching his food" - cos unless it's pre-packaged, he knows if there's not rat poison or ground glass in it, there will be bodily fluids. He better learn to love Pot Noodles.

That's interesting. Do you know if they can tell the difference between old sperm from more recent sperm?

The police would have undoubtedly asked SE’s partner when they last had sex. Victims of rape or serious sexual assault victims are asked when they last had consensual sex in case elimination DNA needs to be taken from any sexual partner.

The police would have undoubtedly asked SE’s partner when they last had sex. Victims of rape or serious sexual assault victims are asked when they last had consensual sex in case elimination DNA needs to be taken from any sexual partner.
I get that but I'm wondering if tests can determine that sort of thing. More so for other cases where you'd definitely want to know the timing.

If WC were suspected of committing other similar crimes, and sufficient evidence came to light, could the charges be levied in secret at this stage to avoid influencing any potential trial?
I recall with Libby Squire’s killer his other crimes were prosecuted before her case came to trial. But this case is arguably much more high profile…

My instincts are usually wrong, but after reading about how when WC worked for the police in Bromley he stopped women for traffic offences, got their addresses and waited outside their homes in his car, I can't help wondering if he had somehow identified SE before the attack. Did she visit those friends regularly and walk home that way? I'm just wondering. This case is just so awful. JMO, but I do wonder.

I’ve been following this case since Sarah first was reported missing and I must say that for me this is almost the saddest part of it all. We all know the vile details of what happened, guilty plea to all charges, funeral and memorials have happened. Just this quiet sadness that Sarah is gone forever, and that disgusting psychopath gets to continue living. I hope her ordeal was over very quickly because the fear must have been unimaginable. May she rest in peace and her family be well.

That's interesting. Do you know if they can tell the difference between old sperm from more recent sperm?
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/20961790.2019.1642567
2019 rbbm.
''Semen stain is one of the most important biological evidence at sexual crime scenes. Age estimation of human semen stains plays an important role in forensic work, and it is rarely studied due to lack of well-established methods. In this study, the technique called attenuated total reflection Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (ATR-FTIR) coupled with advanced chemometric methods was employed to determine the age of semen stains on three different substrates: glass slides, tissues and fabric made of regenerated cellulose fibres up to 6 d.''

''Conclusion
This study demonstrates that FTIR, combined with chemometrics, provides an efficient method for estimating the age of human semen stains based on time-dependent changes in the spectra.''

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/20961790.2019.1642567
2019 rbbm.
''Semen stain is one of the most important biological evidence at sexual crime scenes. Age estimation of human semen stains plays an important role in forensic work, and it is rarely studied due to lack of well-established methods. In this study, the technique called attenuated total reflection Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (ATR-FTIR) coupled with advanced chemometric methods was employed to determine the age of semen stains on three different substrates: glass slides, tissues and fabric made of regenerated cellulose fibres up to 6 d.''

''Conclusion
This study demonstrates that FTIR, combined with chemometrics, provides an efficient method for estimating the age of human semen stains based on time-dependent changes in the spectra.''

Thank you for your response, @dotr ! I had a feeling this might be the case but wasn't sure.

“Couzens lied to the police when he was arrested and to date, he has refused to comment."

Of course he has refused to comment.
He carried out his most ultimate violent sexual fantasy on SE. The hedonistic and erotic pleasure he would have felt that night belongs to HIM and only him.
He will never share what he did, he wants and needs to own it, control it, relive it, including the feelings and emotions associated with it.

Vile.

Wayne Couzens admits murder of Sarah Everard | The Crown Prosecution Service

Was reading about Claudia Lawrence earlier- one of the CCTV picked up a silver Ford Focus which police thought might have a connection. When police in Kent were searching the area around the old paint ball complex wasn't there an old burnt out silver Ford Focus? Claudia also went missing in March and has similar complexion to his wife and Sarah. This is all Just a thought. IMO more things will come out about this evil person. His job allowed him to easily leave home for any amount of time even when working for the family auto garage. Lack of cooperation with police could also suggest hiding other crimes IMO

Was reading about Claudia Lawrence earlier- one of the CCTV picked up a silver Ford Focus which police thought might have a connection. When police in Kent were searching the area around the old paint ball complex wasn't there an old burnt out silver Ford Focus? Claudia also went missing in March and has similar complexion to his wife and Sarah. This is all Just a thought. IMO more things will come out about this evil person. His job allowed him to easily leave home for any amount of time even when working for the family auto garage. Lack of cooperation with police could also suggest hiding other crimes IMO. What other cases out there unsolved or missing persons that have similarities ?

Was reading about Claudia Lawrence earlier- one of the CCTV picked up a silver Ford Focus which police thought might have a connection. When police in Kent were searching the area around the old paint ball complex wasn't there an old burnt out silver Ford Focus? Claudia also went missing in March and has similar complexion to his wife and Sarah. This is all Just a thought. IMO more things will come out about this evil person. His job allowed him to easily leave home for any amount of time even when working for the family auto garage. Lack of cooperation with police could also suggest hiding other crimes IMO

Interesting theory, however I feel like 12yrs (which is how long Claudia has been missing) is a long time for his crimes not to be noticed. My gut feeling is Sarah was his first kidnap/murder...an escalation of his previous sexual offences. MOO

Interesting theory, however I feel like 12yrs (which is how long Claudia has been missing) is a long time for his crimes not to be noticed. My gut feeling is Sarah was his first kidnap/murder...an escalation of his previous sexual offences. MOO

Do we know when the earliest is that he was caught doing an IE? If he had any involvement with CL's death at all, then he'd probably have a whole string of murders, but... What did he do to others beyond IE between his first known exposure and SE's murder?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member