Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn’t, but I don’t think that was his claim; I think he was saying that he shot chipmunks (with his 22 using standard ammunition).

You would never shoot one with a tranquilizer dart, and you sure as hell wouldn’t shoot dozens of them with that.

First off, these things are controlled. It’s almost certainly illegal for him to own tranquilizer in the first place.

Secondly, that would be impractical.

Those darts do not have the accuracy of a bullet, and it would almost certainly be fatal to an animal that size (they’re meant for much larger creatures).

Regardless, this didn’t happen. Liar liar, pants on fire.

@sunshine4040 Where did you read/hear that ONE shot was HEARD? Do you have a link?

Honestly, the same can be said about Suzanne. It took us five minutes to find photos of JL and his family so Suzanne must have known his situation. Did she think it was okay to move to a foreign country and for him to abandon his children, some of whom are far from adulthood? It’s not like there would be a shared custody agreement in Ecuador. I think this was a romp, a distraction, without any actual endgame. Suzanne was not a saint. But Barry is a murderer.
Very well put. JMO

The part of the timeline that gets Barry:
5/10
2:53 am Outgoing call on SM’s phone
3:26 am BM car door opened and closed
3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found

Barry’s statement is that he set his alarm for 4:30 am, and left a sleeping Suzanne around 5 am. How did his door open and close, and why was his cell phone moving to where the bike was found, when he was asleep in bed?

There’s so much to unpack from the last two days.

I don’t recall what device of SM this happened from, but the FB requests of SM to guys in IN late Sat or early Sun- I’m having a hard time believing BM has the password to this device, especially if it was her cell. She’s going to great lengths to conceal her conversations with JL, I can’t imagine BM had access that easily. Thoughts on this one? IMO

Hmm... if she were dead or incapacitated, he could have used facial recognition or thumb print for access??

Where did you read/hear that a shot was heard? I missed that nugget!
1) No shots reported heard
2) Barry said he would sometimes shoot chipmunks. He said his current count was 85. Not that he shot that many that day.
3) A 22 rifle is the weapon. Maybe the short rifle he was charged with possessing.
4) No one said he ever shot chipmunks with tranquilizer darts.
5) Only 1 tranq dart has been iD'd as missing
6) Only 1 tranq dart cap has been spoken of as evidence. It was found in the dryer at the PP home.
Does that help?

The part of the timeline that gets Barry:
5/10
2:53 am Outgoing call on SM’s phone
3:26 am BM car door opened and closed
3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found

Barry’s statement is that he set his alarm for 4:30 am, and left a sleeping Suzanne around 5 am. How did his door open and close, and why was his cell phone moving to where the bike was found, when he was asleep in bed?
That’s why it’s so damn huge to have two separate data points saying the same thing.

Let’s just say the cell phone GPS data that allegedly shows him walking toward the bike can be disputed.

Well, his phone still shows he was active, and his truck data supports that.

Tragic.

However if he had stashed it there and was checking on it....
Hmmm...

But would he need a whole hour?
Maybe he was check on his cams too--watching her..
Wasn't she afraid of cams in the garage--BM watching her coming and going? The garage worry of hers is in a tweet.
Hmmm...

I am getting anxiety just thinking about living like this.. knowing your crazy husband :eek: is watching and tracking your every move. How did Suzanne not have a nervous breakdown:( JMOO

You wouldn’t, but I don’t think that was his claim; I think he was saying that he shot chipmunks (with his 22 using standard ammunition).

You would never shoot one with a tranquilizer dart, and you sure as hell wouldn’t shoot dozens of them with that.

First off, these things are controlled. It’s almost certainly illegal for him to own tranquilizer in the first place.

Secondly, that would be impractical.

Those darts do not have the accuracy of a bullet, and it would almost certainly be fatal to an animal that size (they’re meant for much larger creatures).

Regardless, this didn’t happen. Liar liar, pants on fire.

Thank you. I was not sue of the timeline of this claim.

1) No shots reported heard
2) Barry said he would sometimes shoot chipmunks. He said his current count was 85. Not that he shot that many that day.
3) A 22 rifle is the weapon. Maybe the short rifle he was charged with possessing.
4) No one said he ever shot chipmunks with tranquilizer darts.
5) Only 1 tranq dart has been iD'd as missing
6) Only 1 tranq dart cap has been spoken of as evidence. It was found in the dryer at the PP home.
Does that help?

Totally with you on all of those 6, except the dart cap was found in the dryer "trap".
I was asking the OP why they stated as fact that "only one shot was heard". That would be important if in fact, it was said in MSM, or if I glossed over it in error!

Thank you.

He was more than sweaty, TD said it looked like Barry had been in the water.

This is one of the things that leads me to wonder if she is/was in the river on or near their property. IIRC TD said (not exact words) BM had been out driving around their property and returned soaking wet. EBM to add: He may have been returning to the location to do a recheck of his coverup work??

Last edited:
Honestly, the same can be said about Suzanne. It took us five minutes to find photos of JL and his family so Suzanne must have known his situation. Did she think it was okay to move to a foreign country and for him to abandon his children, some of whom are far from adulthood? It’s not like there would be a shared custody agreement in Ecuador. I think this was a romp, a distraction, without any actual endgame. Suzanne was not a saint. But Barry is a murderer.

Well, if SM was truthful when claiming to her BF and JL that BM was unstable and violent, and given how often violence spills over onto other family members when spousal rage erupts, these two were not only risking themselves during their affair, their children/family members were also conceivably in the crosshairs for that year and a half.

Given that SM texted BM that she was done with him not long after the girls left on their trip, it's possible *she* arranged for them to be away during that week if she thought BM might become violent. Though given the return to some kind of apparent normalcy between her and BM later in the week with lunches/dinners/hike requests, maybe there will be evidence that these kinds of "I'm done/Let's go hiking" exchanges were not unusual between them.

Totally with you on all of those 6, except the dart cap was found in the dryer "trap".
I was asking the OP why they stated as fact that "only one shot was heard". That would be important if in fact, it was said in MSM, or if I glossed over it in error!

Thank you.
You are welcome. I believe the words used in testimony were "dryer vent" but sleuthers are wondering if that is possible or if would have been the lint trap. Looking for clearer testimony, the AA or someone with dryer mechanics expertise to clarify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenjen72