Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #71 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The friend is SO, and we haven’t quite gotten to the end of the timeline with Suzanne’s communication with her.

So either Andy was wrong, and it was only JL she was communicating with before her murder, or there is a bit more there with SO.
And it seems the defense spent all of its time on JL because perhaps those texts really detail the state of the marriage ? Or else they weren’t tweeted out? Like this one?

This is interesting to me:
It was a matter of timing when she could get out of the marriage, she said in the texts, according to Harris. Suzanne Morphew compared herself to her mom and how her mom divorced. “Once she made a decision, it was firm,” she told SO in a text shown at the hearing.
Colorado dad charged with murdering wife found her texts with lover, prosecutors say

Im also wondering if they could get water or electricity records to show an approximate time of when laundry was done. With the girls out of town all week, I’d imagine there was less laundry being done. So there could be a spike in both water and electricity at some odd hour Saturday late at night.

Although, maybe I’ve just watched too many movies. :oops:

Great idea and not just in the movies! I live in rural South Carolina and we have a service called Aqua Hawk that indicates daily/hourly water usage. With it being just DH and I here, we can get a pretty accurate detailing of when laundry was done or even a toilet was flushed (or when DH left the yard hose on for two days :eek: ). Maybe a similar service is available in Colorado?

As he was so carefully executing this, how did he not see that every action points back at him?

Thoroughly debunked bike ride. Unless Suzanne sat quietly in a dark room from about 3pm and 3am and then headed out for a 4am bike ride, with her phone. Strong lady, making it that far with a locked front wheel.

He did, bless his heart, try to be somewhere else during prime biking hours, but alas, he failed to faux-alibi himself for the abrupt moment Suzanne's digital signature dropped off ON SATURDAY.

And on Saturday, he, his phone, his hunting wabbits wewy wewy quietly (ok chipmunks) and his gun -- by his own admissions -- in exactly the place and time from which Suzanne goes missing.

Done and done.

JMO

I didnit on googlemearth woth has an easy to use measurong tool.
95ft is from the garage back out to the where the driveway comes up from 225 and meets the house.

Basically the distance from the garage on one wnd of the house to the other end of the house.
So, is it possible the point of the 95 ft backup is that he was using his truck as a barrier to entry to the property. So, no one else could arrive and surprise him while he was doing what he was doing?

Chris did give a twinkle eye for the tree container. I recall during Andy's search, there was much excitement about a tree sales receipt.
Chris also verified that he knew about Suzanne's affair last fall and had confided this to Trisha.
He also stated that LE has important information from a past boyfriend of MM2, not her current one.
I bet it’s the IN confrontation where threats were made to the BF by her dad? LE discovered the affair in November so if he really knew then somebody was leaking info to Chris…
JMO

Maybe he missed her, and she ran -- so he couldn't allow her to live to tell the tale of what he just tried to do; he had to get hold of her before she could get away.

There are just so many possible scenarios.

I really hate thinking about these things. :(
And I really really really hope and pray she was wearing her Apple Watch (if she does indeed have one).

jmoo
I'm so freaking behind. WORK! How dare they?

I thought about this and IMO I don't think she'd be wearing a watch while sunbathing.

Interesting, it didn't cross my mind the box of 3 were in the trash too. That would make perfect sense!

I just assumed they found the box with the missing 4th dart at home.

Now, this is very interesting.

IMo, why else would he have admitted that? It’s so odd that he admitted to disposing of tranquilizer material. He must have known that LE had recovered that.

MOO....
With all the trash dumps, seems his truck would have been spotless! If my memory is correct, in one of the testimonies, they revealed it was very messy/trashy....
This would contradict him cleaning his truck out, but that wasn't even one of his excuses!! He couldn't remember what he threw away except 9 months later by revealing it was tranq. stuff.....
And I think, he probably said that Only bc he KNEW or THOUGHT they had found something to do with the tranquilizer....
So if they knew only one dart was missing, where did they find this package? Could they have found it in one of the trash dumps? If so, what else have they found!!!

BBM
In the camo coat he threw away?
—-
At 12:27 p.m. #BarryMorphew is seen on hotel surveillance moving two bags to a dumpster. Throwing away a bag that you can see camo coat and a tree container.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1425151901050494977?s=21

I presume he had a scope on his rifle/air gun. What could he have seen? But I do think to have gotten to this point--creeping up on wife in back yard with tranquilizer--he had everything pre-planned.

Barry knows because he was busy smashing her locked bike tire and throwing the bike down a ditch on Mother's Day. The bike she would NEVER ride on Mother's Day that he lied about...because he already killed her.
The only person at the house on Mother's Day was a murderer.
Yes, and it was BM who ruined his own ODDIT defense when he said he left her sleeping at 5:00 am on 5/10. There was no proof of life after the 2:03 pm photo she sent to JL on 5/9. No one ever heard from SM again after 2:42pm on 5/9.

Last edited:
That's a little disturbing, actually.
If true, I'd like to know how he knew, since LE kept a very, very tight lid on this investigation.
Did he happen to mention how he knew about it?
Something I'm not so sure the lead investigators are happy to hear, that an outsider not privvy to this info suddenly came into possession of said info?
Chris did not say how he knew. It could be possible the information was floating around in Indiana. He did spend the there.
Kudos to him for keeping his mouth shut. That was a big secret. Moo

Last edited:
So, is it possible the point of the 95 ft backup is that he was using his truck as a barrier to entry to the property. So, no one else could arrive and surprise him while he was doing what he was doing?
Yes. 95ft is from from the west end of house to where the driveway narrows and it would be possible to block off with a parked vehicle.

That's a little disturbing, actually.
If true, I'd like to know how he knew, since LE kept a very, very tight lid on this investigation.
Did he happen to mention how he knew about it?
Something I'm not so sure the lead investigators are happy to hear, that an outsider not privvy to this info suddenly came into possession of said info?
Still, a PI would also get info like that, its from interviewing people.

Very true. Maybe it wasn't found at the PP house. It could have been in the condo BM rented.
Potential storage unit that was found out about on the last day that BM legally owned the home and could presumably been moving the remainder of items out of the house? There were 135 search warrants and if I recall correctly, we know about 3 of them, 2 at PP and 1 at the jobsite, maybe 4 if we assume BMs vehicle was a separate search warrant from the home. Jmo

But, why leave it?
We don't KNOW that he did leave it. We only know that LE provided a timeframe for BM's possession of that illegal weapon that coincided with both the date of SM's likely murder and the date of the closing of the Puma Path sale.

Maybe the new homeowner took occupancy of the property and discovered in some odd hiding place the box the illegal weapon came in, or a receipt for its purchase. And, once LE had their hands on that, they went to BM, asking questions about where the contents of the box went and he handed the weapon over at that point.

Great idea and not just in the movies! I live in rural South Carolina and we have a service called Aqua Hawk that indicates daily/hourly water usage. With it being just DH and I here, we can get a pretty accurate detailing of when laundry was done or even a toilet was flushed (or when DH left the yard hose on for two days :eek: ). Maybe a similar service is available in Colorado?

A service like that could show if SM ever got out of bed after 5 am to use the toilet, brush her teeth…

I’m betting she did not.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members