Mexico - Kaleo Skye, 3 & Roxy Rain 10 mos, killed by dad, Rosarito, 10 Aug 2021 *arrest in CA*

You're guess is just as good as mine.

Until LE releases information on his indoctrination into any fringe organizations, then the words of a man who killed his children is just words. JMHO

I am sure they will investigate thoroughly and release when /if it's appropriate. In the meantime, we have a killer who was quickly apprehended, confessed and whose confession matched the physical evidence, and explained his motive, whether or not it is satisfactory. My hope would be that somewhere in his disturbed mind he finds a shred of decency and pleads guilty to spare his family the unnecessary agony of a long, tedious legal process but not holding my breath.

I am sure they will investigate thoroughly and release when /if it's appropriate. In the meantime, we have a killer who was quickly apprehended, confessed and whose confession matched the physical evidence, and explained his motive, whether or not it is satisfactory. My hope would be that somewhere in his disturbed mind he finds a shred of decency and pleads guilty to spare his family the unnecessary agony of a long, tedious legal process but not holding my breath.

Couldn't agree with you more!

Why Mexico? It's 5 or 6 hours driving from Santa Barbara. There's plenty of out of the way areas in the hills behind Santa Barbara.
If there was some revenge thing due to marital problems, why would he come back to the US? Plus he confessed immediately, in detail, and told authorities where the children were located.

The man is psychotic, but what triggered this horrible unthinkable deed?
I'd like to know if there were any indications ...from his wife, coworkers, friends. My God, his instagram is full of family pictures.

His wife is from Texas, I hope her extended family comes to SB....she needs every support possible.
I believe in his ramblings already posted he refered to his wife as the source of the reptile DNA that infected the children.

I have no doubt he was returning to kill her.

If he believed the children were infected monsters and his wife was a serpent, why the mysterious trip to Mexico for two days to murder them. Doesn’t make sense.

I also wanted to point out something in the complaint. Apparently he did not have a car seat for the daughter, so he put her in a BOX in the sprinter van, all the way to Mexico...The wife knows he doesn't have a car seat for her, so what did she think was going on?

Just a small thing, but regarding the car seat, in my opinion a car seat/carrier can be seen in one of the photos from hotel surveillance shown in this article - California dad arrested at border after stabbing his kids to death with wooden stake in Mexico | Daily Mail Online I can’t see the baby in it though and wonder if she is in the green tote maybe?

Just a small thing, but regarding the car seat, in my opinion a car seat/carrier can be seen in one of the photos from hotel surveillance shown in this article - California dad arrested at border after stabbing his kids to death with wooden stake in Mexico | Daily Mail Online I can’t see the baby in it though and wonder if she is in the green tote maybe?
Yeah odd. Why would he say he didn’t have a car seat? It’s clearly there in the surveillance photo. That’s an infant car seat too, not one for the older toddler.

I commented earlier as did a few others that sometimes these people who believe in this junk don't post about it all on regular SM. In the past I have heard accounts from family members of folks who have become indoctrinated that their loved one hid it completely because their family 'wouldn't understand'.

What is there to tangibly suggest that this was about 'killing the wife' inside? It may well be, but she didn't report suspicions about him , at least initially.

I get that he doesn't enter our picture with any benefit of credibility, but don't know how lying that it was Q inspired would benefit him at all in a defense strategy or anything. How does lying and saying it was that as opposed to saying it was to spite his wife make him look any better?

One person who I know who is really into Q, posts nothing about it on his SM at all because he feels people will think he is crazy

Even Santa Barbara has Q followers within their progressive community, according to the killer's pastor.
It's not the kind of place something like that is generally accepted.

On Wednesday, at Calvary Santa Barbara, a church Coleman was associated with, the pastor, Tommy Schneider addressed the community. “He's taken care of your children, walked in your circles, been the best man at some of your weddings,” Schneider said. “This is a person that we know. It feels like a betrayal because it is a betrayal. It's a heartache past what we can understand.”

Schneider then addressed the conspiracy theory Coleman says inspired him to commit this horrific crime.

“QAnon is wreaking havoc across the nation and it's wreaking havoc here [motioning to the crowd]. I've seen people get destroyed by it. It's evil straight from the devil. We need to be alert.”

What We Know About the QAnon Surfer Who Killed His 2 Children In Mexico

...why the mysterious trip to Mexico for two days to murder them. Doesn’t make sense.
Your question spurs all kinds of thoughts and possibilities. He might have thought his "reptilian" wife could read his mind? Nah, what I really think is he and his wife were planning on going camping. It might've been to Rosarito. They may have surfed there before. Not sure, but maybe he had a special spot in mind that he saw in a vision. He had a lot of visions.

Was he thinking of killing the children the whole trip down there? After reading his God-given visions of the powerful destiny he imagined for them when they were born, it's hard to understand how he starting thinking they were going to wreck havoc on the world. The blame seems to fall on his wife for giving them her serpent DNA blood. Implies it's her fault in a way. Hmm...

Did you see how happy she looked at the gender reveal video on FB? I can't help, but keep wondering if he wanted to hurt his wife in the worst possible way. Was that the real reason, some kind of dissatisfaction in his marriage or parenthood? It puts him in the same place in the end, locked up probably for life. He wasn't thinking straight no matter what his thinking.

All these beautiful words as he keeps defining the specialness of his wife, and later his new born son. Called his family "my treasures" on Instagram. What keeps standing out to me is the incredible pressure his visions would've placed on his children to fulfill the destiny he was placing on them with his images and visions. Being a parent myself, I don't remember having such grandiose futures for my children. Why did he have so many expectations they would have to live up to? I don't know if he really felt anything, and he was always just spouting words. He took the children to a hotel and had plenty of time to come to his senses. Look at those little innocents. WTH did he see? Why did he choose to kill them in such a brutal way? Why? That's so many stab wounds for tiny children. How his son didn't die right away is unbearable to know. His visions in the future will not be pretty. JMO, but there's really no understanding this.

Matthew Taylor Coleman: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com (newslconsulting.com)

Coleman added, “Now to brag about my beautiful wifey a little… she cooks brisket like a true Texan, goes surfing with me even when it’s cold and teaches me to always see the good, regardless of the circumstances. Not to mention a 6 time prom/homecoming queen.”

[...]

In March 2018, Coleman announced on his Instagram that his wife was expecting their first child, writing, “Well folks, we’re havin’ a baby. Little nugget of love joy bomb bursts into life this September. Amping!” Their son, Kaleo, was born in October 2018. Coleman wrote on Instagram:

It’s our absolute joy to introduce our son, Kaleo Skye Coleman (pronounced Kah-leo). Born at our home at 6:50pm on Wednesday evening in the middle of a tropical thunder storm, his birth was fast, fiery, and more electric than I could have ever imagined. So proud of his mama for being such a fighter, and through the blood, sweat and tears, coming out a champion with prize in hand.

When thinking of what to name our son, I kept returning to this image of Jesus being baptized, as a dove descended on him and God’s words shone on him, “This is My Son, the dearly loved, in whom is My delight.” Kaleo in Greek means, “called” or “appointed.” In Hawaiian, the “sound” or “voice.” Skye means “winged” or “heavens”. And Coleman means “dove”. My declaration over Kaleo is that he is appointed to bring the sound of heaven’s dove… and a voice that speaks to a generation, this is my beloved in whom is all My delight. Thanks to everyone for all your prayers, support and love through this joyful season. We are over the moon.

All these beautiful words as he keeps defining the specialness of his wife, and later his new born son. Called his family "my treasures" on Instagram. What keeps standing out to me is the incredible pressure his visions would've placed on his children to fulfill the destiny he was placing on them with his images and visions. Being a parent myself, I don't remember having such grandiose futures for my children. Why did he have so many expectations they would have to live up to? I don't know if he really felt anything, and he was always just spouting words. He took the children to a hotel and had plenty of time to come to his senses. Look at those little innocents. WTH did he see? Why did he choose to kill them in such a brutal way? Why? That's so many stab wounds for tiny children. How his son didn't die right away is unbearable to know. His visions in the future will not be pretty. JMO, but there's really no understanding this.

Matthew Taylor Coleman: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com (newslconsulting.com)

Coleman added, “Now to brag about my beautiful wifey a little… she cooks brisket like a true Texan, goes surfing with me even when it’s cold and teaches me to always see the good, regardless of the circumstances. Not to mention a 6 time prom/homecoming queen.”

[...]

In March 2018, Coleman announced on his Instagram that his wife was expecting their first child, writing, “Well folks, we’re havin’ a baby. Little nugget of love joy bomb bursts into life this September. Amping!” Their son, Kaleo, was born in October 2018. Coleman wrote on Instagram:

It’s our absolute joy to introduce our son, Kaleo Skye Coleman (pronounced Kah-leo). Born at our home at 6:50pm on Wednesday evening in the middle of a tropical thunder storm, his birth was fast, fiery, and more electric than I could have ever imagined. So proud of his mama for being such a fighter, and through the blood, sweat and tears, coming out a champion with prize in hand.

When thinking of what to name our son, I kept returning to this image of Jesus being baptized, as a dove descended on him and God’s words shone on him, “This is My Son, the dearly loved, in whom is My delight.” Kaleo in Greek means, “called” or “appointed.” In Hawaiian, the “sound” or “voice.” Skye means “winged” or “heavens”. And Coleman means “dove”. My declaration over Kaleo is that he is appointed to bring the sound of heaven’s dove… and a voice that speaks to a generation, this is my beloved in whom is all My delight. Thanks to everyone for all your prayers, support and love through this joyful season. We are over the moon.
God complex, right there!
He paraphrases
This is my beloved Son in who I am well pleased.
Possibly latent schizophrenia, I don't know.
The Illuminati stuff all preceded Q anon.
When was he first exposed to that culture?

And what brought about the transition from the Heavenly realm to the Hell realm, his angels became his contaminated children..
What other schools of mysticism and Occult has he been exposed to?
They were described as wealthy, not money troubles...

I'm trying to figure out when Q embraced the Illuminati 'scriptures'.
Q is relatively new.

Could he have hidden it from his wife?
I'm not sure, it's such a fine line..
I wonder when he first realised his children were wrong?
The bloodline theories are widely dispersed among various movements, yet he used tose specific words..
I think he 'saw', had visions, possibly all his life and they seemed normal to him and all around him because they were largely positive.
It's fascinating but it's also deadly boring.

If he believed the children were infected monsters and his wife was a serpent, why the mysterious trip to Mexico for two days to murder them. Doesn’t make sense.

Mental issues seldom make sense except to the inflicted. According to the criminal complaint, the family had planned a camping trip together when suddenly Coleman left home with only the kids. His wife didn't know where they'd gone but believed they'd return soon as there was only one child car seat in the vehicle her husband was driving. The entire event couldn't be more tragic. The wife has lost her beautiful children and also her husband. :eek:

Mental issues seldom make sense except to the inflicted. According to the criminal complaint, the family had planned a camping trip together when suddenly Coleman left home with only the kids. His wife didn't know where they'd gone but believed they'd return soon as there was only one child car seat in the vehicle her husband was driving. The entire event couldn't be more tragic. The wife has lost her beautiful children and also her husband. :eek:
I agree, it is an unimaginable tragedy. It will be interesting to learn from her if he was showing any signs of mental illness. I don’t think it just appears one day.

Exactly, whatever he blames as a reason to kill his own children will not get him back on a surf board in this lifetime. That's MOO though.
The woman I mentioned didn't even kill anyone, and she got a sentence of 33 yrs. in a state hospital. Being deemed insane isn't "a win".
Like I said, but JMO, his plan is flawed. He has no defense that will clear him of these horrifying charges, and no way will they allow him to be set free. Please, I hope not, but it's MOO.

BBM and MOO
I agree. Even if he had a past medical history of mental illness, aka Andrea Yates, he’s done. Just waiting to learn more from his wife.

Your question spurs all kinds of thoughts and possibilities. He might have thought his "reptilian" wife could read his mind? Nah, what I really think is he and his wife were planning on going camping. It might've been to Rosarito. They may have surfed there before. Not sure, but maybe he had a special spot in mind that he saw in a vision. He had a lot of visions.

Was he thinking of killing the children the whole trip down there? After reading his God-given visions of the powerful destiny he imagined for them when they were born, it's hard to understand how he starting thinking they were going to wreck havoc on the world. The blame seems to fall on his wife for giving them her serpent DNA blood. Implies it's her fault in a way. Hmm...

Did you see how happy she looked at the gender reveal video on FB? I can't help, but keep wondering if he wanted to hurt his wife in the worst possible way. Was that the real reason, some kind of dissatisfaction in his marriage or parenthood? It puts him in the same place in the end, locked up probably for life. He wasn't thinking straight no matter what his thinking.
I agree. I pray she has lots of support right now to help her deal with this, although it will be an everlasting pain.
I hope it wasn’t some sick revenge killing due to a marital issue. I will never understand the thinking of a man who would kill his own child to hurt a woman who wants a divorce. That’s between him and her, not the innocent children who have their own lives to live. If you are so hurt and angry, kill yourself, not your helpless and scared child.
As a mother myself, I’d rather he kill me than my children.

Exactly, whatever he blames as a reason to kill his own children will not get him back on a surf board in this lifetime. That's MOO though.
The woman I mentioned didn't even kill anyone, and she got a sentence of 33 yrs. in a state hospital. Being deemed insane isn't "a win".
Like I said, but JMO, his plan is flawed. He has no defense that will clear him of these horrifying charges, and no way will they allow him to be set free. Please, I hope not, but it's MOO.

BBM and MOO
And I think he is a threat to the life of his wife, given his comments that she was the origin of the reptile DNA that infected his children

No question in my mind that he is seriously mentally ill. Those posts referring to the birth of his children (comparing one to Jesus and one to David), are seriously bizarre. His Facebook post about seeing visions and the Renaissance Age blah blah are also way out in left field. What’s odd is that in the comments, everyone’s response is along the lines of “wow! So inspiring!!” …..uhhh….really??

I believe he was smart, charismatic, and well liked….all characteristics that sometimes cause people to overlook red flags. If he was a jerk and a creep and posted those same posts, I think people would have responded differently. But because he’s an educated surf instructor and had a beautiful family, people instead responded with wow! So “different” and inspiring.

I think he genuinely believes what he told the FBI officer is true reality. You can be mentally ill and also be smart enough to disguise the red flags. I’ll bet in years to come, his wife will look back on her time with him and be able to see that he was a bit “off”…

In the meantime, she and the rest of the family are in my prayers. Absolutely devastating.

I totally agree, @mewmew. I'm guessing that he was always a little bit "quirky" and sort of grandiose. Like you said, it's easier to overlook some of these signs in a person who is good looking and charismatic. I would not be surprised if he'd had hypomanic episodes in the past and that this particular episode veered into the territory of psychosis and took a very dark turn. Having an already religious background would make hyper-religious delusions even more profound. Reading the wife's blog post about working with the mentally ill while in nursing school is heartbreaking in retrospect. My sister and I (psych NPs) were discussing the case and think that after he's been on antipsychotics for a few days he will look back in horror at what has happened. My heart is breaking for all of them.

I totally agree, @mewmew. I'm guessing that he was always a little bit "quirky" and sort of grandiose. Like you said, it's easier to overlook some of these signs in a person who is good looking and charismatic. I would not be surprised if he'd had hypomanic episodes in the past and that this particular episode veered into the territory of psychosis and took a very dark turn. Having an already religious background would make hyper-religious delusions even more profound. Reading the wife's blog post about working with the mentally ill while in nursing school is heartbreaking in retrospect. My sister and I (psych NPs) were discussing the case and think that after he's been on antipsychotics for a few days he will look back in horror at what has happened. My heart is breaking for all of them.

bbm.
I was thinking, IF this man somehow returns to reality, I think he is a candidate for suicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lneill04
Back