AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think once the reports of SA in DW's past came up it was game over for him and his credibility. He is being defined by his worst moments in life and at this stage he can't win. Mind you, I'm not giving him any kind of pass on those things. His behavior was heinous and his constant attempt to make it less than it was are cringe worthy. I don't think any of us would want to be defined by our worst moments. I understand that some people may believe it ties in to whatever happened to Summer. I don't know if it does or doesn't. Pedophiles are not one-dimensional. That's what makes them hard to spot. They're are the nice man who lives next to your mom who takes out her garbage pails and shovels her walk when it snows. They are the lovely Pastor at the local church. They are your girlfriend's husband. I think it's entirely possible to be an SO and still be a frantic, grieving father of a missing child. JMO

Except, Imo, an SO that victim blames and takes no responsibility for their actions has a high risk of re offending till the day they die.

That would leave CW as the individual responsible for hiding SW.
Is that your conclusion?

I can see the logic in the need for a cover-up, but a few things to consider here.
First of all- the 2 and a half hour window that CW would have had to hide SW and make sure NO trace was left behind.

That would also likely make Gma an accessory.
I have a REALLY hard time accepting that since Gma lost her own child.

<modsnip- no link>

JMO MOO AMOO

EBM to add a detail

That is not at all my conclusion. I don't know what happened to Summer. I do not like some of the things i am hearing, but ... I am not ready to accuse anyone of disappearing SW.

I do know that CB is the last adult said to have seen SW. And she discovered SW was missing. I am not accusing her of a crime. I am saying this case is such a mess maybe all the people in it were somewhere else/doing something different than what we think. But, the examples i gave were not criminal in nature.

<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

However, CPS can order various tests if they wish. I think they have to get a judge to sign off on certain things. They can potentially do this any old time. I think that would be the faster trip problem land than registering for school.

I really do not have a theory on this case. I keep mentally going back to a different forum which is not related to crime where they were accusing the parents of many things except disappearing SW. And they could have because it's not a crime forum. So, TOS doesn't have anything in it on how to discuss crime victims.

To another subject unrelated to the quoted post (just not to have two posts)...

When my cousin was murdered in 1969, the police in Nashville did put people in jail trying to get them to talk. Her case is still unsolved. They got some information that way, but not enough.

The people they did this with were criminals. They had been to jail before. (I mean jail, not prison... Someone who has been to prison is really not going to be scared of jail. I don't know if any of those guys were ex-cons for sure.)

The police had found Kathy's body and knew it was a murder. Whereas no one can be sure what happened to Summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Summer Wells Father Retraces His Steps / Tour & Sheds

@ 2:39 Don says "so we turn", then he corrects himself and says, "i turn straight away in here"

Time stamped.

Was someone else with him in his truck ?

Except, Imo, an SO that victim blames and takes no responsibility for their actions has a high risk of re offending till the day they die.

And particularly an SO who admits that he victimized a 5 year old, defined that assault as a " relationship ", and says that his victim wasn't " Little Miss Perfect " in all of this. This is a 57 year old man with a 5 year old daughter of his own who said this. <modsnip>
MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if there's anyone that can Track bears,to their dens,caves. Iirc one of Dave Rader's crew ran into a bear when they were out searching. I'm not sure what the chances are that she got snatched by Yogi, but I remember when "A Dingo snatched my Baby" seemed so ridiculous, but it turns out it really was a Dingo. MOO
Also, it could have been that someone made the bear's snatching easier, actually convenient. I doubt, seriously, that any wild animal is to blame for a disappearance from her home due to all the things we've discussed. (Animal behavior, canine behavior, whatever you want to call it). All the human scent and noise the animal would have to disregard, etc. BUT, it's not out of the question that a victim, alive or dead, is placed where a bear or predator will find it.

Last edited:
What continues to bother me about this is that a 15 year old wouldn't come up with that on their own. He heard this from someone. IIRC A's friend L is a nurse. Maybe when he came home he was bragging about saving Summer and dry drowning was brought up at that time? Also, that group seemed to enjoy their interview with CM and the opportunity to throw as much shade at CW as they could. I would have expected all of them to gravitate to the nearest microphone for as long as they could milk it, yet they have been quiet. Could that be due to a request from LE? Is LE pursuing that theory but need the body to confirm COD?

IIRC, dry drowning was being talked about on social media almost immediately after Summer disappeared. People had found C's tik tok and seen the swimming hole video, so dry drowning was one of the first theories that was thrown out there. That's where I believe H got the dry drowning theory from. Long story short, I don't think Summer went underwater and needed saving. JMO

This, for me, sums up my problem with the statements. If he admitted what happened while providing some remorse, guilt, responsibility, acknowledgement of pain… it would be an entirely different statement, IMO. I find it concerning because he admitted he did it but does not admit it was wrong or hurtful and like you said, that’s a huge red flag for people who reoffend. I am not judging his character with this statement, just his own words. I found them to be concerning because of what you said and because the risk of reoffending is so high with SA.

IMO if we were to consider that for some reason both grandmother and mother were indisposed for a much longer period than either admits then it would keep open the possibilities that Summer really did wander off or else someone approached the house during that time and left with her.

IMO either of those scenarios are easier to understand than some stranger lurking in the weeds or in the basement, hoping Summer would magically appear during a 2 to 5 minute window when her mother wasn't looking. MOO.

Agreed. It really bothered me that H said it happened, but CW totally denied it.

remember cw was with gma back a ways in the woods doing things and h he had just finished his tea and maybe splashing alerted him and it was then he saw summer go under. ... so in way they both are telling the truth , as one was not there to see it and the other was.

That would leave CW as the individual responsible for hiding SW.
Is that your conclusion?

I can see the logic in the need for a cover-up, but a few things to consider here.
First of all- the 2 and a half hour window that CW would have had to hide SW and make sure NO trace was left behind.

That would also likely make Gma an accessory.
I have a REALLY hard time accepting that since Gma lost her own child.

<modsnip- no link>

JMO MOO AMOO

EBM to add a detail

I can see your point but lets add , what if ? fear .... did cw's mom really leave to assist a friend in Wis. or to get away from the scene... out of sight out of mind, by being away . ... this may be a good move as the sheriff can send someone up to her and talk without any fear..and of course the sheriff can always be discrete ...

I can see your point but lets add , what if ? fear .... did cw's mom really leave to assist a friend in Wis. or to get away from the scene... out of sight out of mind, by being away . ... this may be a good move as the sheriff can send someone up to her and talk without any fear..and of course the sheriff can always be discrete ...

I believe that there have been a couple of comments in regards to Gma leaving.

One was that she does not stay in Tennessee year round- and this is normal for her.
The other seems to have been in regards to a family member's failing health or possible passing?
The second statement- I hope - can be verified by a member that can recall.

MOO JMO AMOO

remember cw was with gma back a ways in the woods doing things and h he had just finished his tea and maybe splashing alerted him and it was then he saw summer go under. ... so in way they both are telling the truth , as one was not there to see it and the other was.
I wonder how DW is the go guy for info if he wasn't even present when SW disappeared. Especially with his SA history. That doesn't help much.When it was CH,CW, that were there. I would love to hear from CH,and see what she has to say. MOO

As a local who hikes and frequently encounters bears, I feel inclined to disavow people of the misconception that black bears are just running around snatching people out of their yards. Black bears are not particularly aggressive. In fact, for the most part, they avoid humans. Yes, in our state parks we have had a few incidents, but these incidents occur because visitors to our parks have habituated those bears to humans by feeding them and leaving their trash around. I have a family of bears that hangs out between my property and my neighbors property. We see her and her cubs often, both on trail cam and in person. In fact, one morning while walking to my neighbors house, she and her cubs followed me on the other side of the creek as I walked. As you can see...I am not snatched. ;)

Bringing this back to Summer specifically, if she had been snatched by a bear (which is highly unlikely to begin with), there would have been very clear, unmistakable evidence of that.

Last edited:
I have been thinking today while getting some chores done...

I am not sure how much we will actually hear as far press releases and updates. I think that how it has been is how it will remain and this is my reason why:

It was asked if CPS was involved in the investigation and it was said that yes they in fact are. There is a gag order on anything related to court and CPS because of the boys. That to me means that anything more than it's still an active case may not come out to the public.

I am okay with this as I know the importance of the agencies involved and that they aren't "just wait and see groups of people".

All my opinion, this wasn't said by anyone but myself.

Link for news report from FOX proving CPS involvement with investigation is below, I've copied the paragraph and pasted also.

A spokeswoman for CPS told Fox News the agency is participating in the investigation but could not provide further comment.

Tennessee parents' sons in state custody after disappearance of daughter Summer Wells

As a local who hikes and frequently encounters bears, I feel inclined to disavow people of the misconception that black bears are just running around snatching people out of their yards. Black bears are not particularly aggressive. In fact, for the most part, they avoid humans. Yes, in our state parks we have had a few incidents, but these incidents occur because visitors to our parks have habituated those bears to humans by feeding them and leaving their trash around. I have a family (I assume) of bears that hangs out between my property and my neighbors property. We see her and her cubs often, both on trail cam and in person. In fact, one morning while walking to my neighbors house, she and her cubs followed me on the other side of the creek as I walked. As you can see...I am not snatched. ;)

Bringing this back to Summer specifically, if she had been snatched by a bear (which is highly unlikely to begin with), there would have been very clear, unmistakable evidence of that.
Amen, I have a local "Yogi" (black bear) who makes his daily rounds and he comes to the treeline for the berries and he never comes much more than a stride beyond. Assuming Summers family isn't feeding the bears then I would say that bears aren't suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen