Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #75 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 1m
Undersheriff says as they searched the home they noticed that the door to the master bedroom had a crack in it which he says is consistent with forced entry. He says they also found a 22 caliber unspent shell next to the side of the bed #SuzanneMorphew slept on. @KKTV11News

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]4m
He's talking about when they found #SuzanneMorphew wallet in her car. He says it's significant she left her ID and cash because if she were leaving on her own she would likely take it.
@KKTV11News #BarryMorphew

Ashley Franco [URL='https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV']@AshleyKKTV [/URL]7m
We are back from break. Undersheriff with Chaffee County is on stand now discussing the moments he was pulled into the investigation. @KKTV11News
#SuzanneMorphew #BarryMorphew

Looks like ~30 feet (10 yards)
https://twitter.com/AshleyKKTV/status/1429840422755606531
Re-direct happening now. Prosecution goes back over where #SuzanneMorphew helmet was found. Agent says about 10 yards off the road- would have been hard to see from road.
Thanks @Tumbleweed …don’t know where I got the 50 from! 30 feet or 10 yards is definitely doable if Barry tossed it from the highway. He may have even just briefly stopped his truck and chucked it out the window!

Who leaves their handbag and wallet in the car? That's not normal, women generally take their handbag into the house along with their wallet. Really surprised that BM let that be found in her auto and not in the house. Slip up?

Regarding his clothes being found in the dryer. If it's just shorts then that can be explained away but if it's clothing just like he had on the video that's crazy. I can't believe he would have kept those clothes, how did they get back to the house and washed and dried since he was supposedly out of town still.

I will admit to leaving my purse and money in my car pretty much always. It’s ready for me to go when I want and I don’t really need it in the house.

with the precautions Barry took that we know of.....it would have been quite careless of him to pull off of the asphalt pavement at 3:30am just to dispose of the helmet. he surely is wise to any tire tracks being analyzed...especially in close proximity to a planted helmet. I would think that Barry specifically chose a spot with visible tire tracks to dispose of the helmet. He wanted the helmet found.

Interesting thing about weather....as Barry alluded to...there had been rain, that would likely have washed away signs of a mountain lion attack...but it wasn't enough rain to wash away tire tracks....
I wanted to say this! But I couldn't remember if it happened this night or it happened on another case I was following, the Murdaughs. But, you are so right.

I've been concerned since the initial announcement by the DA. If this does go to trial, I doubt he will be convicted. I've seen nothing so far that removes all reasonable doubt and his pitbull attorneys know it. I think we all believe he did it and we all want to see him in prison but thats doesn't equate to what we have seen so far as far as the evidence.
The standard for the preliminary hearing is much lower than for the trial. It is to prevent groundless charges.
The prosecution must demonstrate "probable cause sufficient that an ordinary person could have a reasonable belief that the defendant may have committed the crime for which they are charged."

No one should be expecting to see all the evidence that removes all reasonable doubt.

Edited to remove hanging quote.

:(

Jennifer Hicks

@JenniferCHicks

·
1m

Rohrich is testifying about damage to the doorframe in the master bedroom that he says indicates forced entry. The previous owners of the house told him that the damage wasn't there when they lived there. There was also an unspent .22 shell on Suzanne's side of the bed.

Here we go.. what really happened!

Wonder if there are pillows missing from the MBR?

ETA: tweet
Ashley Franco @AshleyKKTV 1m
Undersheriff says as they searched the home they noticed that the door to the master bedroom had a crack in it which he says is consistent with forced entry. He says they also found a 22 caliber unspent shell next to the side of the bed #SuzanneMorphew slept on. @KKTV11News

It's too far back for me to find the link now, but IIRC, AM stated that he and some of BM's buddies had searched the area where SM's helmet was found shortly after SM went missing – but found nothing. And that the group had split up at some point and he was suspicious that the helmet may have been planted by one of BM's close friends since one day it wasn't there and the next day it was. The coloring of the helmet would make it hard to overlook.

Does anyone else remember something of this nature being discussed? Or am I just confused?

MOO.
Yes, I remember that and I believe AM also said it was perplexing because the area had already been searched at least once before he arrived in the area and participated in the above described search.

It's too far back for me to find the link now, but IIRC, AM stated that he and some of BM's buddies had searched the area where SM's helmet was found shortly after SM went missing – but found nothing. And that the group had split up at some point and he was suspicious that the helmet may have been planted by one of BM's close friends since one day it wasn't there and the next day it was. The coloring of the helmet would make it hard to overlook.

Does anyone else remember something of this nature being discussed? Or am I just confused?

MOO.
I remember this too; however, as I recall, AM and his search party were searching the trail on the north side of Hwy 50.

But the helmet was found 10 m south of Hwy 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sofamusic