GUILTY IN - Mercedes Lain, 11 mos, extreme danger Plymouth, 12 Aug 2021 *3 Arrests, includes parents*

Everything about this poor child's life sickens me to the core but that photo JM posted on Saturday morning is especially disturbing.

As you mentioned there is discolouration to several areas of her ear that makes me fear this picture was taken after she had died. What really bothers me though is the piece of material (dressing gown ?) that looks like it has been strategically placed over her mouth so that her lips and the area above her lips cannot be seen.

Having lost a baby myself I know that the colour of the lips and area above the lips after death has occurred is unmistakable and pretty obvious.

Bless her little heart ♡
That piece of material is bothersome for me, too. Also, the 'like' in that picture. LE has been known to get a little lazy with investigations once they think they have their perp. I hope that doesn't happen in this case.

Everything about this poor child's life sickens me to the core but that photo JM posted on Saturday morning is especially disturbing.

As you mentioned there is discolouration to several areas of her ear that makes me fear this picture was taken after she had died. What really bothers me though is the piece of material (dressing gown ?) that looks like it has been strategically placed over her mouth so that her lips and the area above her lips cannot be seen.

Having lost a baby myself I know that the colour of the lips and area above the lips after death has occurred is unmistakable and pretty obvious.

Bless her little heart ♡

I usually wouldn’t go that far in my thinking but her eyes look slightly open. I feel like it could have been an attempted “proof of life” photo.

I usually wouldn’t go that far in my thinking but her eyes look slightly open. I feel like it could have been an attempted “proof of life” photo.

Yes, perhaps he thought that posting a picture of an apparently peacefully sleeping child would show that all was going well and buy him some time.
Who knows what his drug addled brain was thinking though.

I also noticed the eye's, and she looks so pale. I very much hope that I'm wrong in my line of thoughts here.
My baby boy died many years ago but the way he looked with the life drained out of him is burned into my memory and its hard to unsee those signs now.

Yes, perhaps he thought that posting a picture of an apparently peacefully sleeping child would show that all was going well and buy him some time.
Who knows what his drug addled brain was thinking though.

I also noticed the eye's, and she looks so pale. I very much hope that I'm wrong in my line of thoughts here.
My baby boy died many years ago but the way he looked with the life drained out of him is burned into my memory and its hard to unsee those signs now.

Oh gosh. That’s so sad to hear. Hugs to you.

For the second time in six years, a child’s death has ties to a Plymouth motel.

Mayor Mark Senter told 16 News Now that officials plan to meet next week to discuss the situation.

The Marshall County sex offender registry lists seven individuals who list the Economy Inn in Plymouth as their address.

The website notes that two of the offenders committed their crimes against children.

In September of 2015, two-year-old Serenity Wilson was beaten to death at the Economy Inn as punishment for bed wetting that was doled out by her mother’s boyfriend
Plymouth motel linked to multiple child death cases
Unfortunately, if they "clean it up" all those people still exist somewhere else.
RSO's, specifically, are very limited on where they are permitted to live, that's why there are always clusters at properties that allow them.
The only alternative which exists for them in many places is homeless camps which makes it even more difficult for authorities to keep up with them.
As bad as that place is, I don't think a home in a better neighborhood would have saved those babies, they would still have the same parents.

What profile is this pic on? I thought I had found it but the one pic in the profile I saw was uploaded in 2019. He has a few FB pages, can you point me in the right direction?

Unfortunately, if they "clean it up" all those people still exist somewhere else.
RSO's, specifically, are very limited on where they are permitted to live, that's why there are always clusters at properties that allow them.
The only alternative which exists for them in many places is homeless camps which makes it even more difficult for authorities to keep up with them.
As bad as that place is, I don't think a home in a better neighborhood would have saved those babies, they would still have the same parents.

Agreed. "No Fixed Address" aka homeless is far worse than the clusters.

Yes, parents and parents "friends" would be the same.

May this sweet little girl be in peace now.

What profile is this pic on? I thought I had found it but the one pic in the profile I saw was uploaded in 2019. He has a few FB pages, can you point me in the right direction?

Go to first page of this thread. @swanniee11 posted two which I'm grateful for. It's the one without his middle name.

Not to be morbid, but I don't see material around Mercedes mouth. I thought it was a stuffed animal or something. Guess my brain doesn't want to see it.

They opened his case today:

Justin Lee Miller
50D01-2108-F1-000003
35-46-1-4(a)(1)/F1: Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Death but resulting in death AND def. is at
08/23/2021 = Case Opened as a New Filing
08/23/2021 = Warrant or Writ of Attmnt for the Body of a Person Issued

They opened his case today:

Justin Lee Miller
50D01-2108-F1-000003
35-46-1-4(a)(1)/F1: Neglect of a Dependent Resulting in Death but resulting in death AND def. is at
08/23/2021 = Case Opened as a New Filing
08/23/2021 = Warrant or Writ of Attmnt for the Body of a Person Issued

Thanks for this info!
Any case #s for the other 2? And any birth dates? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-016.gif

Oh - edited to add: any bond amount for Miller?

Came back wondered what happened to this little girl. Mercedes was her name. She is no longer with us. @@@@4$4####

Sweet Mercedes, you didn't have a fair chance in this life....fly with the angels sweetie.

I don't understand why some people keep on reproducing.....even if you do meth...and you are addicted to it, seems bad to me....isn't there one brain cell left in your freaking mind, thinking....hé, maybe it's not a good idea...we aren't fit for these responsibilities......Have to bite on my tongue......

Thanks for this info!
Any case #s for the other 2? And any birth dates? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-016.gif

Oh - edited to add: any bond amount for Miller?
No bond has been set for any of them yet. Miller's dob: 05/03/1984

Kenneth Robert Lain dob: 11/04/1979
50D03-2108-F6-000238

08/20/2021 = Initial Hearing
Session:08/20/2021 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Sarber, Matthew E.
Result: Commenced and concluded
08/20/2021 = Order Appointing Public Defender
Joseph Simanski Appointed
09/15/2021 = Pretrial Conference
Session:09/15/2021 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Sarber, Matthew E.
11/18/2021 = Status Conference
Session:11/18/2021 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Sarber, Matthew E.
Tiffany Jo Coburn dob: 12/22/1988
50D03-2108-F6-000239

08/20/2021 = Initial Hearing
Session: 08/20/2021 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Sarber, Matthew E.
Result: Commenced and concluded
08/20/2021 = Order Appointing Public Defender
June Bules Appointed
Judicial Officer: Sarber, Matthew E.
08/20/2021 = Request for Discovery Filed
MOTION TO PRODUCE
Filed By: Coburn, Tiffany Jo
09/15/2021 = Pretrial Conference
Session: 09/15/2021 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Sarber, Matthew E.
11/18/2021 = Status Conference
Session: 11/18/2021 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Sarber, Matthew E.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back