Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #77 *ARREST*

Do you feel BM will go to trial?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Barry is innocent. I simply believe the state can't prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt based on what we have heard so far. We'll see whether the judge holds him over for trial but I'm skeptical.
This is how I feel, as well. With that in mind, I also think that the prosecution will only divulge the minimum to get a trial. I can't imagine that would want to bring every piece of evidence into the PH. Not really familiar with PH, as I live in FL, I always hear about a Grand Jury taking place before a trial.

I understand that BARD is not required for a prelim, but I would have liked ANY evidence that a crime was even committed. Imo, all that has been proven is that Barry is a liar. . I'm not even convinced there will be a trial. I am 100% a Suzanne supporter, but if this goes to trial and I was a juror, unless there is a huge bombshell, I would not be able to convict Barry based on what we have seen if I follow the rules that jurors are required to follow in making their decisions. I think LS got cocky and saw this as her career making case, but has failed spectacularly in my opinion.

For Suzanne's sake, I hope I'm wrong. I'm worried tho. Jmo
RSBBM
We have not seen the State's case. There is evidence and witnesses who have not even been alluded to. Have faith friends.

I think that Suzanne would have taken a photo of it and sent it to JL or SO with an explanation of how it happened.

Busting in a door would be traumatic. To me, the only reason that Barry would do it would be during an argument or pursuit to get at Suzanne.

JMO.
We have no idea when that happened...only that the former owners say the frame was not cracked when they sold the house. Also clearly the investigator said cracked...he didn't say splintered, shattered, etc. It might have only been apparent to a detective who would notice something like that and not to guests so it was never replaced.

So the defence is implying that a serial sexual offender hopped into Suzanne's RR - left partial prints on glove box, cushion in rear and somewhere else, but NOT on a door handle or ANY other part of the vehicle or anything else that was present in the vehicle?

It's just a time waster. Note They didn't say "prints"...DNA evidence

Now, if this same DNA EVIDENCE, was also found in the garage, house etc...that's a whole another story, but this is meaningless IMO. Just doing their job.

..."Humans shed DNA continuously, and shed DNA transfers freely between people and objects. DNA can be transferred through a handshake or touching an inanimate object, like a doorknob. Every time you shake someone's hand you might receive some of your acquaintance's DNA, and that of other people..."

..."Similarly, a person identified by a match of DNA discovered at a crime scene may have never come into contact with the object or the person on which his DNA was found. Yet, modern day high-tech CSI investigations do not account for the possibility that the evidence discovered at a crime scene was deposited via touch-transfer"....
(this article is 2 years old...hopefully people are more up to speed)

Framed By Your Own Cells: How DNA Evidence Imprisons The Innocent

Last edited:
I understand that BARD is not required for a prelim, but I would have liked ANY evidence that a crime was even committed. Imo, all that has been proven is that Barry is a liar. That is barely a crime and only becomes a crime when he lied to law enforcement, but he wasn't even charged with that. I have seen nothing that comes close to even showing Suzanne is dead. I believe she is, but if what the prosecution showed as their meat and potatoes is the majority of their case, I definitely don't see an M1 conviction coming down the line. I'm not even convinced there will be a trial. I am 100% a Suzanne supporter, but if this goes to trial and I was a juror, unless there is a huge bombshell, I would not be able to convict Barry based on what we have seen if I follow the rules that jurors are required to follow in making their decisions. I think LS got cocky and saw this as her career making case, but has failed spectacularly in my opinion.

For Suzanne's sake, I hope I'm wrong. I'm worried tho. Jmo
A loving mother has mysteriously out of character not communicated with her 2 daughters she gave birth to and dissappeared off of the face of the earth, and 25,000 times out of 25,001 times it is the usual suspect. And when questioned about his whereabouts he is shown to change his story and his alibi does not hold water.Motive dinero.

Last edited:
When I get new tires or tires repaired, serviced whatever at America’s tire, when it’s ready I notice they already have put the receipt in my glovebox. Also I keep my tire lock key in the glove box I’m never asked for it as most mechanics know that’s where it’s kept. Perhaps that’s why the DNA

good one @MassGuy
I'm feeling the need to create a Barry document listing all his quoted words from the PH. just all barry. worth my time? especially the "drinking" quotes disparaging her -
You’ll be able to pull those straight from the AA. He’s as quotable as it gets, and not in a good way.

Updated list of things is have to ignore to believe Barry is innocent.

What was going on in that marriage.

Barry deleting texts that reflected poorly in the state of that marriage (he claimed Suzanne had never asked for a divorce, yet deleted a text from her in which she discussed it).

Barry’s lies on the state of their marriage.

The fact that Suzanne said she was afraid of him.

The psychological abuse, and the threats of suicide.

The fact that Suzanne dropped off the grid when Barry arrived home that afternoon (not a text, not a sighting, not a message; nothing).

The cell phone data that showing Suzanne’s phone went dark before Barry claims to have left the house.

The syringe cap in the dryer, the package with one missing, and the materials he admitted to throwing away.

The car and cell phone data that puts him outside an hour before he claims to have woken up, and in the vicinity of the bike.

The left turn that put him right in the area of the helmet, when he should have turned right (he claimed he saw a herd of elk, which don’t travel in herds that time of year).

The 5 trash dumps, the costume changes, and the boots being thrown away.

Barry forgetting what he threw away.

The fact he left early for a job without the proper equipment, worked 11 minutes, and then lied to the FBI about it.

Barry encouraging his employees to keep working well after Suzanne disappeared, despite knowing full well they couldn’t do that job with what he left them, and materials that were never delivered.

The lie about where he claimed he was when he received the call.

The changing stories he gave to law enforcement over the entirety of the investigation.

The near confession (immunity), the missing journal, the one plate dinner, the book turned to May 9, and the very clothes he was wearing hours before being in the dryer.

The scratches on his arms (3 potential fingernail marks on his upper arm).

The hilarious excuse for possessing tranquilizing darts and chemicals (shooting deer and cutting their antlers off in fricken April, which is all sorts of illegal).

The missing towel Suzanne was photographed with in her last “proof of life.”

What I miss?

Not much, @MassGuy. I believe some of the phone calls from Barry's phone were only mentioned (middle of the night May 9/10) but one person in the courtroom (Miss Julie from CrimeTalk) says there was a phone call to CC.

At this stage, the prosecution doesn't want the ID"s of their witnesses to lead to harassment, either. None of the witnesses would be called at this stage.

Placing him near the bike and the helmet was crucial (not to mention that it shows he's flat out lying in what he said to LE initially and as far as we know, he has absolutely no excuse about the trip to toss the bike - and his DNA was on the saddle of the bike). He claims to have been sleeping until 4:30 am. He lied.

There is only one thing pushing me toward the Trial vote at the moment: the truck reset
It is the toughest detail presented where I could imagine a possible explanation.

JMO and how I honestly feel at the moment without going back through all the details learned over the 4 days.

Updated list of things is have to ignore to believe Barry is innocent.

What was going on in that marriage.

Barry deleting texts that reflected poorly in the state of that marriage (he claimed Suzanne had never asked for a divorce, yet deleted a text from her in which she discussed it).

Barry’s lies on the state of their marriage.

The fact that Suzanne said she was afraid of him.

The psychological abuse, and the threats of suicide.

The fact that Suzanne dropped off the grid when Barry arrived home that afternoon (not a text, not a sighting, not a message; nothing).

The cell phone data that showing Suzanne’s phone went dark before Barry claims to have left the house.

The syringe cap in the dryer, the package with one missing, and the materials he admitted to throwing away.

The car and cell phone data that puts him outside an hour before he claims to have woken up, and in the vicinity of the bike.

The left turn that put him right in the area of the helmet, when he should have turned right (he claimed he saw a herd of elk, which don’t travel in herds that time of year).

The 5 trash dumps, the costume changes, and the boots being thrown away.

Barry forgetting what he threw away.

The fact he left early for a job without the proper equipment, worked 11 minutes, and then lied to the FBI about it.

Barry encouraging his employees to keep working well after Suzanne disappeared, despite knowing full well they couldn’t do that job with what he left them, and materials that were never delivered.

The lie about where he claimed he was when he received the call.

The changing stories he gave to law enforcement over the entirety of the investigation.

The near confession (immunity), the missing journal, the one plate dinner, the book turned to May 9, and the very clothes he was wearing hours before being in the dryer.

The scratches on his arms (3 potential fingernail marks on his upper arm).

The hilarious excuse for possessing tranquilizing darts and chemicals (shooting deer and cutting their antlers off in fricken April, which is all sorts of illegal).

The missing towel Suzanne was photographed with in her last “proof of life.”

What I miss?
Using one plate for the wonderful steak dinner on 5/9. I had to laugh at this excuse for only one plate in the dishwasher as well as say out loud, "Yeah, right."

JMO.

I watch too much television. That’s the problem. I wanted to go out with a bang, not a whimper. I wanted all the evidence to show that Barry killed Suzanne, beyond a reasonable doubt. I have read that the prosecution’s job is to show just enough to bind over for trial-not to present their entire case and give the defense the ammunition to find all of the flaws and prepare for every witness that is called during trial. I’m used the way that hearings are on tv shows, with aha moments and unrealistic expectations. Anything can happen, and we all know what Barry did. Does the Judge agree that the prosecution has presented probable cause? I am anxiously optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millerx3