AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were discussing the phrase 'She's gone' and how they could have known she was 'gone'.
Gone of her own volition was ruled out, IMO.
There are far more than 11 acres, there are thousands of acres there .

The dog tracks, allegedly stopped at the road, at the end of the track, it was subsequently claimed.
I might have to much faith in dogs. If they tracked her there then , I think she was taken to there to be taken even farther ,or someone could have placed her there for someone else to retrieve . Which probably lines up perfectly with someone's tells and certain aspects of the time line.

I might have to much faith in dogs. If they tracked her there then , I think she was taken to there to be taken even farther ,or someone could have placed her there for someone else to retrieve . Which probably lines up perfectly with someone's tells and certain aspects of the time line.
I'm not putting a lot into the dogs only because she's probably walked down that driveway many times with her family. How would dogs be able to distinguish the timeline of scent? Maybe by the strength of it? Summer ran all over that property I bet.

That’s another peculiar thing. Initially you would try with all your might to find her before she really is gone.
Right. I can't think of a good example that compares to your child missing so forgive me but as a comparison if something turns up missing and your family say we can't find it. Do you automatically take their word for it or do you feel the need to search for yourself before you know it's really gone?

All DW did was drive down to the creek saw the boys and knew she was "gone".

For reference, I had a cousin who went missing in dense wooded area. She also just “disappeared.” But she was playing and lost sight of the path and drifted walking in the wrong direction. She was less than half a mile from where she started but it took more than 24 hours for professional searchers to find her (safe and sound with many bug bites). While I appreciate that Summer usually didn’t go beyond where she was told to go, I just can’t understand discounting her being anywhere on the property within an hour, IMO. If she fell and couldn’t respond, with all the brush and sharp terrain, I’d imagine it would take full rescue teams many hours (days) to clear the entire property, IMO.

Last edited:
Her family believed there was only a finite area in which she could be. To that end, it's reasonable.
Let's assume they knew their child would not venture into the woods, for sure and certain. IMO this is not reasonable at all. Kids are unpredictable.

They had already searched the property she normally occupied. The child was not there. They'd probably searched it over and over and there were 5 of them searching, including the 3 children. It probably took them only a very short time to complete their searches.
Because that is all it took.

They had reason to believe she was not 'somewhere in their 11 acres' there were only specific places she could physically be by her own volition. Wonder what reason this could be? Professional SAR and LE thought it necessary to search with dogs and expensive equipment.

It's like looking in an open-plan building, seeing there are no people there and being able to declare that with confidence. Rugged terrain in the rural mountains of Tennessee do not equal "an open-plan building". JMO of course...

This is a possibility.
IMO

My thoughts in color.

Last edited:
So my head is spinning on what if's?
I don't read anymore on the neighbor that was there during the time of this issue,
I can't stop thinking about the run a way horse, (a possible way to get Summer to street)
I can't stop thinking about the 4 wheeler coming that morning .(were they there to scope out the place ) and return later.

Everyday it seems like we have more and more possibilities about what happened to Summer. In most cases, I get the sense that things are becoming more focused and narrowing down. This one is just the opposite. Another thought could be accident that might happen if a child tries to intervene as a peacekeeper in an argument between adults. Not saying this happened, but just more and more thoughts coming to mind. MOO

There is so much noise and distraction with this case, and it's taking away from finding sweet Summer. Let the SM community spin away on their salacious rumors, and click bait. WS is a cut above, and focused on adding value to the search and recovery of Summer. It will happen. God Bless this sweet child, and all the many, many others missing. I'm grateful our Mods and Tricia curate good content for us. It saves me tons of time from wading through sewage.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Right. I can't think of a good example that compares to your child missing so forgive me but as a comparison if something turns up missing and your family say we can't find it. Do you automatically take their word for it or do you feel the need to search for yourself before you know it's really gone?

All DW did was drive down to the creek saw the boys and knew she was "gone".

I have felt this statement is very suspicious from the first time I heard DW say it.

How would you not want to search everywhere, all over the property and beyond.

Every night I go to bed thinking of SW. I think about what could have happened, her house, her family, just everything about her.

Something odd happened this morning, about 7:15 I had a amber alert on my phone. I didn't recognize the county but I was half asleep. Then
about 10 minutes later there was another so I looked at it closer and the first one said McMinn County, kidnapping. I had never heard of McMinn County.
So curious as I am, I looked it up. McMinn County is in Tennessee.
I thought this was strange, why am I getting this, I'm in SW Florida. Evidently a teen had been kidnapped from TN and taken to FL, she was found safe.
The 2nd alert is 2 young children from Broward County.

I just thought it was odd, getting an alert out of TN. I didn't share this with anyone except you here on WS, I thought you would understand because
of this case being in TN. So now I go to bed thinking of sweet SW and wake to her too.
I worry about all the missing children.

There is so much noise and distraction with this case, and it's taking away from finding sweet Summer. Let the SM community spin away on their salacious rumors, and click bait. WS is a cut above, and focused on adding value to the search and recovery of Summer. It will happen. God Bless this sweet child, and all the many, many others missing. I'm grateful our Mods and Tricia curate good content for us. It saves me tons of time from wading through sewage.

Amateur opinion and speculation

agree but I must say that it also takes tons of time to wade through the content on this site!

agree but I must say that it also takes tons of time to wade through the content on this site!
While that is true, you will be surprised how much of it ends up being relevant. It’s like a puzzle; seemingly the smallest most insignificant piece can instantly bring the whole puzzle in to focus. o_O

My guess is Summers.brothers hold.some.of the answers!

If they saw her that rules.out drowning at the lake!
They would.know.if dad.was.home.or.came.home.anytime.during the day!
Didn't they say they saw her leave the house?

Just.my thoughts!

Context.
The conversation was regarding why they had used the words
'She is gone'.

The words did not in any way imply that no search was required.
Just that she was absent from any place she could have taken herself to- ergo- gone refers to taken.
Not of her own volition.
"The words did not in any way imply that no search was required."

Wait---didn't Don say, in his interview with CM, that they shouldn't have been searching that area, and he tried to tell them it was a waste of time , but they wouldn't listen to him?

I am pretty sure he said exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member