SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
This spin is hilarious: Instead of using “embezzled” or “stolen,” he goes with “conversion.”

Basically, all Alex did was convert some money and spend it on drugs. Just a little conversion, that’s all.

During Wednesday’s interview, Dick Harpootlian admitted on national TV that his client Alex Murdaugh used his client’s money for personal use.

“It was uncovered that he had perhaps, not perhaps, he had converted some client and law firm money to his use and again spent most of that on opioids.”

Melvin pressed Harpootlian about his client’s alleged misuse of law firm money. Harpootlian said that the “vast majority” of the millions Alex took was used on drugs.

“Dick, that’s a lot of Oxy….” Melvin, who is also from South Carolina, said to Harpootlian.

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Will Likely Be Arrested Soon, His Attorney Says

'Believed that ending his life was his only option:' Murdaugh attorney releases statement

"On September 4, it became clear Alex believed that ending his life was his only option. Today, he knows that’s not true. For the last 20 years, there have been many people feeding his addiction to opioids. During that time, these individuals took advantage of his addiction and his ability to pay substantial funds for illegal drugs. One of those individuals took advantage of his mental illness and agreed to take Alex's life, by shooting him in the head. Fortunately, Alex was not killed by the gunshot wound. Alex is fully cooperating with SLED in their investigations into his shooting, opioid use and the search to find the person or people responsible for the murder of his wife and son. Alex is not without fault but he is just one of many whose life has been devastated by opioid addiction."

*Signed, Alex Murdaugh's lawyer.
Luv how its always someone else's fault...ugh!

I don't believe all that money went to drugs; AM may be saying that, but I don't believe it. That's Led Zepplin level of party favors.

I hope Buster is getting good support. Poor guy must be reeling. Also, what a terrible burden to place on your surviving child.

MOO

Quote: "Then last week it was uncovered that he had perhaps, well not perhaps, converted some client and law firm money for his own use."
Poor Mr. Halpootlian! This entire sorry saga has just flummoxed him, he appears to need a bit of help.

1- The word you are searching for is EMBEZZLEMENT. Misappropriation of funds, thievery.
2- "He believed that the insurance policy had a suicide inclusion."
Really? If this is true do you seriously wish to reveal his staggering incompetency? Most people know this, yet this personal injury lawyer didn't? He knew how to profit from his poor employee's fatal " fall."
3- If this wealthy, entitled man with all of the resources to get THE best addiction treatment is expecting sympathy from the unwashed masses for an untreated drug habit then his lawyers need to clue him into reality. There are so many suffering from untreated addiction because they can not afford treatment and families are truly suffering.
rs. Maggie is mystery. How did she feel about all of this, I wonder. AM, the Murdaugh power, corruption, her son's, alcohol.
Is it just me who feels that the death of AM's father signaled that the protective circle around AM is gone?

Edited because personal judgement slipped in.

Last edited:
After 20 years of opioid addiction; maybe AM needed to chase a higher high - heroin…

It's far from uncommon and would account for some of the sloppiness. I know meth heads, people on heroin, etc...and this shooting is up there with the irrational ideas and execution of several people I know

Does anyone else think it's strange that a drug addict would concoct a crazy scheme to hire someone to shoot him instead of simply overdosing on drugs?

Like people who do concoct crazy schemes to commit arson for insurance, when they could literally just let their candle fall over in some room they are not in.

Keep it simple stupid...
And the guy he hired was apparently better at dealing drugs than assisting a suicide.

Dick says they are looking at a suspect that is not Alex.

At about 3:55:

TS: "And what would the motive have been?"

DH: (Smugly, eyebrows raised.) "I'm sorry?"

TS: "What would the motive have been?"

DH: (Blank stare).

DH: I -I- I -I'm sorry, you're breaking up.

TS: What would the motive have been, Dick?

DH: Mmm, well, that would reveal who that person is, but mmm...it's personal. The motive would be personal.

Lol. Well, he's not lying!
Good catch @swedeheart !!

He also says that the motive for the June 7 murder of his wife, Maggie, 52, and son, Paul, 22, was 'personal' and that the identity of the suspect could be revealed sometime this week.

'It was an attempt on his part to do something to protect his child,' Harpootlian says of the suicide-for-hire scheme.

'He didn't want law enforcement spending time on this fake crime instead of focusing on solving the murders of Maggie and Paul.'

So law enforcement now has to wait for who to reveal the killer? If they knew already wasn't the time to tell SLED before all this malarkey happened? Or is this just breaking news as he speaks and the next thing on his list, as soon as he gets off-camera, is to call SLED? Did Daily Mail get the exclusive to that!?

You just can't make this stuff up.

This spin is hilarious: Instead of using “embezzled” or “stolen,” he goes with “conversion.”

Basically, all Alex did was convert some money and spend it on drugs. Just a little conversion, that’s all.

During Wednesday’s interview, Dick Harpootlian admitted on national TV that his client Alex Murdaugh used his client’s money for personal use.

“It was uncovered that he had perhaps, not perhaps, he had converted some client and law firm money to his use and again spent most of that on opioids.”

Melvin pressed Harpootlian about his client’s alleged misuse of law firm money. Harpootlian said that the “vast majority” of the millions Alex took was used on drugs.

“Dick, that’s a lot of Oxy….” Melvin, who is also from South Carolina, said to Harpootlian.

Murdaugh Murders: Alex Murdaugh’s Will Likely Be Arrested Soon, His Attorney Says

Jmo.

I think it was used to buy property, boats, guns, fur coats, college, trips.

Statement from Stephen Smith’s mother Sandy Smith confirming that her family is NOT at all related to the man who was arrested in the shooting of Alex Murdaugh.

I urge all of you to think about the victims and their grief before theorizing in this case.

They don’t deserve this.
View attachment 312626
https://twitter.com/mandymatney/status/1438152326678814726?s=21

Yes. My heart is breaking for the victims of the Murdaughs through the years.

While all these crazy events may raise their hopes of justice, I think it will still be a long, bumpy road to getting there, all while under an international spotlight.

It's... a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members