SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading about SC’s problem with the increase of fentanyl mixed with other synthetic illicit drugs. *here’s my take: if AM admitted to Oxy addiction, I think he was probably using something much stronger. It’s even possible, his drug of choice was the fentanyl laced drugs. I wonder how close he ever came to overdosing. If he was worried about it, LE should find a can of Narcan readily available to him somewhere in his place. The effects of withdrawal wouldn’t have affected him much in just one day. It’s that third or fourth day that’s the killer when you think you’re dying or want to.

I agree. I'm not at all generalizing "the whole south" (or lawyers), but almost every single lawyer I know from back home uses (or used to use) copious amounts of cocaine. When I lived in New Orleans, it was just known, that, for some reason, lawyers love coke when they party. I've known a handful of lawyers who have had to go to rehab. Another handful I know lost their jobs, and some their profession. I don't know, maybe I was just always really bad at picking my lawyer friends, but it's an ongoing joke with the ones I know from Ms/La.

If Alex is already up and at 'em after a week of rehab for Oxy, then painkillers were probably not his main drug of choice. It takes far more than a week before you can even move, especially after 20 years of abuse. Then, the mental anguish you feel once that painkiller wears off, lasts months, if not years. It sets you back a WHILE. It's bad. Trust me. I do hope he is being cared for, because this will be the worst experience ever. Well, besides losing his wife and kid to murder, but ???

If he was on a drug like cocaine, maybe he's got some "upper class" (or powerful) dealers he doesn't want to involve in his mess, and it's easier (and wiser) to blame a hillbilly heroin dealer. I imagine most politicians don't use just any Joe Blow off the street to deal them their drugs.

Looking forward to hearing what Eddie has to say.

Of course, who’s surprised anymore? His MO without deviation is place the blame/responsibility where the money is and go after them. If there’s no insurance company to sue, sue the big corporations! Put the blame on OxyContin! Sue the Sacklers! Drugs made me do it!

What’s next?
It’s the beer company’s fault for making their product attractive to teens!
It’s the boat company’s fault for making boats that can go that fast!
It’s the shotgun/rifle manufacturer’s fault for not putting on a label that it’s dangerous!
It’s my law firm’s fault for making this lifestyle seem normal and great!
It’s my family’s fault for always getting into trouble that I have to kill/pay/bully/steal to get them out of trouble!
I’m the victim!! Why is everybody looking at me like that?!

<sbm>

*Has it been said when AM gave the gun to CES? At the shooting scene or did he meet him sometime beforehand?

The M lawyers will comment about the gun at some point. And then they will amend what they said and later give a third version of how and when the gun transfer happened.

Of course, who’s surprised anymore? His MO without deviation is place the blame/responsibility where the money is and go after them. If there’s no insurance company to sue, sue the big corporations! Put the blame on OxyContin! Sue the Sacklers! Drugs made me do it!

What’s next?
It’s the beer company’s fault for making their product attractive to teens!
It’s the boat company’s fault for making boats that can go that fast!
It’s the shotgun/rifle manufacturer’s fault for not putting on a label that it’s dangerous!
It’s my law firm’s fault for making this lifestyle seem normal and great!
It’s my family’s fault for always getting into trouble that I have to kill/pay/bully/steal to get them out of trouble!
I’m the victim!! Why is everybody looking at me like that?!
We’re looking at you like that because we’re trying to figure out whether your major malfunction is transmissible!

Could it be possible that CES was "involved" in MM & PM'S murder...AM knowing this concocts this game plan using CES. CES says he will do this for "free" ....but free actually means that AM will never reveal CES's involvement?

If not this scenario, then why would CES be the fall guy? There has to be more for him to lose if he does not go along with the plan.

And...I absolutely DO NOT believe that CES was ever supposed to actually kill AM. I just don't believe it.

If CES does not sing while in custody, then we can probably assume he's in deeper than we think or.. like
previous commenters have thought.. perhaps he was framed.

"Ever"? If his attorneys have always known Alex had an (alleged) longstanding opioid addiction, didn't they have a legal obligation to report him to the SC Bar? Alcohol / drug abuse is a top reason for suspensions / disbarments.

Here’s a thought:
Is it possible that his family and the firm were aware of his addiction and why they did not give him any cases to try? Maybe that would explain why he was working there on a ‘volunteer’ basis.

FITSNews (@fitsnews) Tweeted:
The first arrest in the #MurdaughMurders saga is a big deal, but I maintain the REAL story this week was SLED launching a criminal probe into the embezzlement allegations involving Murdaugh's law firm. A huge public corruption angle is about to open up in this case ...

https://twitter.com/fitsnews/status/1438160722010296326?s=20

I agree. I'm not at all generalizing "the whole south" (or lawyers), but almost every single lawyer I know from back home uses (or used to use) copious amounts of cocaine. When I lived in New Orleans, it was just known, that, for some reason, lawyers love coke when they party. I've known a handful of lawyers who have had to go to rehab. Another handful I know lost their jobs, and some their profession. I don't know, maybe I was just always really bad at picking my lawyer friends, but it's an ongoing joke with the ones I know from Ms/La.

If Alex is already up and at 'em after a week of rehab for Oxy, then painkillers were probably not his main drug of choice. It takes far more than a week before you can even move, especially after 20 years of abuse. Then, the mental anguish you feel once that painkiller wears off, lasts months, if not years. It sets you back a WHILE. It's bad. Trust me. I do hope he is being cared for, because this will be the worst experience ever. Well, besides losing his wife and kid to murder, but ???

If he was on a drug like cocaine, maybe he's got some "upper class" (or powerful) dealers he doesn't want to involve in his mess, and it's easier (and wiser) to blame a hillbilly heroin dealer. I imagine most politicians don't use just any Joe Blow off the street to deal them their drugs.

Looking forward to hearing what Eddie has to say.
I know I sure don’t wanna go through it again. I allowed 32 surgeries, beginning at age 17, and seven spinal compression fractures turn me into a prescription addict. I never doctor shopped, asked for an early refill or bought off the street. I did become hooked beyond my control. Toward the end of my addiction, I lived a monthly cyclical life. 15 days abusing my pills, the next 15 days in withdrawal. Psychological and physical self torture to put it mildly. Every single month. It wasn’t until 2016 when I started losing the family members I was holding as emotional hostages that I was finally able to kick it after 40 years. Tough love did it for me. Recovery is real…

Could it be possible that CES was "involved" in MM & PM'S murder...AM knowing this concocts this game plan using CES. CES says he will do this for "free" ....but free actually means that AM will never reveal CES's involvement?

If not this scenario, then why would CES be the fall guy? There has to be more for him to lose if he does not go along with the plan.

And...I absolutely DO NOT believe that CES was ever supposed to actually kill AM. I just don't believe it.

If CES does not sing while in custody, then we can probably assume he's in deeper than we think or.. like
previous commenters have thought.. perhaps he was framed.
You read my mind. I was just thinking the same thing.

@postandcourier

The sons of Gloria Satterfield, a former housekeeper and nanny for the Murdaugh family, have filed a lawsuit against Alex Murdaugh related to a settlement reached after their mother’s death.

Tony Satterfield and Brian Harriot allege they were not involved in the negotiations of a $505,000 settlement and have not received any of the money from that agreement.
The settlement was approved in December 2018 by Circuit Judge Perry Buckner, who would later recuse himself from another wrongful death case involving the Murdaughs the following year. Buckner reportedly gave the eulogy at the June funeral of family patriarch Randolph Murdaugh III, 81, who died after an illness.
So that $5,000 for hospital fees wasn't even doled out!? Just shameful

The total reward amount is $100,000 and will be allocated equally among all persons who provide information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for these crimes, the family's statement says. The reward is only being offered on tips and information received before September 30, 2021.

1) $100k - why such a paltry amount from such a filthy rich family?

2) Sept 30 2021 deadline - why any deadline at all? Red flag suspicious. We're talking a heinous, gruesome, double murder of two family members! There's no legal statute of limitations on murder so why place an arbitrary deadline on the reward?

3) These two things only make sense if you already know for a fact who killed Maggie and Paul, you feel totally confident they will never be caught / arrested / convicted and you want to time-limit your liability for paying any reward to help discourage any / all further tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod