SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
As AM's lawyers have said he's going to pay back the stolen (converted, whatever) money, he ought to
get out the checkbook and write a few --

* Satterfields for what they legally are entitled to (overdue)
* The Beach family, for his drunk son and his boat causing her death and for obstructing the investigation, the legal maneuvers and the unnecessary added pain they've gone through
* possibly the Smith family (I'll wait for the SLED investigation)

This will NEVER happen but it would be an act of good faith, a solid starting place on his road to 'rehabilitating' himself, and a decent first gesture of repentance.
RSBM. Yeah, “good faith”, “repentance” will never go in the same line as AM. Ever. He is rotten to the core, IMO. YMMV.

If the "assisted suicide" insurance scheme is fiction, I wonder what caused AM to "admit" to it. Other than all the strange things we noticed about the incident, did LE present him with evidence? I think it would be something to do with Curtis Eddie Smith. JMO.
Ya know!? Good thinking, has to be a boiled down reason.

Considering what we know about the family dynamics MM was very protective of PM. So possibly during family discussions or arguments regarding PM's many transgressions, AM was always odd man out, especially if BM was no longer living at home. If AM arrived earlier to Moselle on June 7 than he admitted to, he may have gone there to persuade MM to drop the forensic accounting investigation and things got out of hand and AM murdered her with a rifle. When PM heard the altercation he ran to the area MM was with a shotgun to confront his dad and when he saw his mother was dead he dropped the weapon and tried to help his mother. AM picked up the shotgun and shot PM in the chest and head.

Conversely, AM was so aggrieved that PM's behavior (seemingly enabled by his family) could have serious negative impacts on their social standing and economic health he shot PM with a shotgun in a fit of rage.

Considering Moselle is a hunting lodge there's probably an untold number of weapons. If MM had her own semi automatic rifle and threatened she would expose AM's criminal activities he overpowered her and in doing so shot her multiple times.

Since we've never seen the autopsy report for MM we have no idea how many times or where she was shot. Back, chest, head, legs, defensive wounds, etc. Just reported 'multiple times' which suggests to me more than twice. I wonder why her PM report wasn't released?

I know PM was cremated right after the post mortem probably to ensure no gory illicit images show up online. Another bonus is that his body can't be disinterred and subjected to another autopsy. However, I haven't read anything about MM being cremated. Would it normal for South Carolinian old stock royalty to be cremated? I thought I saw a coffin at Seniors June 13 burial. MOO

RSBM
Aren't banks supposed to report suspicious transactions? You would think he would be getting regular payments/distributions from the law firm -- not random one-offs of "converted" money. The bank is supposed to know their customers. JMO.
The short answer is, yes, banks are required to report activity that they identify as suspicious in customers’ accounts to the federal government and can be fined when they fail to do so. However, depending on how the misappropriations were structured and over what period of time, the payments could have avoided being labeled as suspicious by the bank, as it all depends on what the bank’s internal policies are for identifying suspicious activity. We do not know if such reports were filed at this time. There is a possibility that reports were filed but never investigated.

In addition to suspicious activity reports, banks are required to report transactions over $10,000 to FinCEN. Again, we do not know if such reports were filed at this time. There is a possibility that reports were filed but never investigated.

I am curious if AM transferred money to his personal accounts at all or whether he transferred or simply had money directly deposited into a (potentially fraudulently established) PMPED account that he then used as a personal checking account. We shall see what comes out over time!

Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) | OCC

Anne Emerson
@AnneTEmerson

#BREAKING Colleton Co SO confirms: Suspect Curtis Edward Smith in alleged suicide plot to kill #AlexMurdaugh, collect $10 million insurance policy for Murdaugh son-Buster is headed to Hampton Co for bond court appearance.
@ABCNews4
#chsnews

If this was supposed to look like a carefully thought-out suicide and AM was doing it for his son, then surely there would have been a note, right?

I think CES is being set up somehow. I don't think AM intended to die - IIRC, the earliest report specifically denied he had shot himself.

Something seems fishy about the embezzlement of millions and AM's allegedly unnoticed pill addiction. I just can't believe the bill is that high for pills - especially for someone who allegedly has been spending megabucks on an addiction that was so controlled no one appears to have suspected it. My first thought was that he or the wife were chronically living beyond their means. Then I wondered about gambling debts or blackmail.

The murder of his wife and son seems like someone sending a warning, not random or someone wanting revenge for something.

Curiouser and curiouser!

1) $100k - why such a paltry amount from such a filthy rich family?

2) Sept 30 2021 deadline - why any deadline at all? Red flag suspicious. We're talking a heinous, gruesome, double murder of two family members! There's no legal statute of limitations on murder so why place an arbitrary deadline on the reward?

3) These two things only make sense if you already know for a fact who killed Maggie and Paul, you feel totally confident they will never be caught / arrested / convicted and you want to time-limit your liability for paying any reward to help discourage any / all further tips.
The fact that they originally stated the deadline was September 31st was all I needed to know. SMDH.

It’s tough to buy a suicide story when multiple spent shells were found scattered around the crime scene….
THANK YOU---that's what I've been trying to say. The scene does not scream suicide. Why all the spent shells for a staged suicide?

The 'victim' does not fit with a compassionate father trying to care for his son by sacrificing his own life. Hogwash.

IMO< the plan was for his drug dealer to shoot at him, making it look like he was ambushed. Then he could say that the killer of his family is still hunting him---

But his attorney and his brothers probably heard that LE was onto AM and his silly plan---so they had to scramble to come up with a new explanation for that staged scene. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
i haven’t had time to read thru all the posts yet, but i definitely think alex had long since moved onto stronger drugs than oxy if he had had a 20+ year addiction. addicts tend to downplay their addictions, too (i speak from experience, 4 years clean from opiates) - it sounds a lot better to admit to using only oxy than it does to say you use oxy but also use morphine, dilaudid, heroin, etc. that being said, i am truly disgusted by his attorneys wording their statements to blame everyone but alex. if the situation wasn’t so sad, it’d be laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa