Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed ...only if officer ook her to be evaluated .....but......every state / different laws.......such as.no forced medicating in California ..(Lauras Law) yet many states allow......Big money states have training for police...San Diego assigns trained folks to go on calls with cops such as a homeless guy acting up.... praying she has found someone helping her......system let us down imo Lastley second side of Bi-polar besides manic stage---deep depression ---not witnessed this in my kid ---just manic---but read depression could leads to suicide in some cases.

Can we please STOP this.
We do not know her mental diagnosis or ANY health issues and going down this road and throwing around "she needs help or forced medication" at this time seems really wrong, IMO.

Her own family has said NOTHING on this. I dont think we should be speaking out on her mental health.....at this time.

All just my opinion.

(See, I am queen of editing posts. lol)

GP uncle Mike Schmidt posted a photo of a note timeline he had made about her disappearance, in it he writes "text from GP phone "no service in Yosemite""

Maybe a typo from the sender, or maybe deliberately writing incorrect place to obscure what happened.
If BF sent after killing GP (accidentally or with intent), maybe he botched the decoy text in a state of stress, panic & whatever health condition he has. Still trying to understand how they are confident she made it to Tetons- and if so, why “Yosemite” didn’t raise red flags immediately?

Did Gabby know that BL went back to FL?

Did he leave in the van, parking it at the airport, to fly to FL?

Was she alone, without her van, that whole time, possibly unaware of his location? Were they communicating?

It'll take a while for those subpoenas... but digital gold.

He didn't fly home the second time.

Just some questions and opinions

Yikes.2 mentally ill people in a small living space is a recipe for tragedy.

And potentially without medication and self-medicating.
Unless they have been diagnosed by a professional and made this public themselves it's not a good idea to say either of them were suffering from a mental health condition. It's not fair to anyone to have people declare things like that, especially online, unless a doctor or family member shares that info. I say that as someone who's ex- was doing that online to me for a long time and it was infuriating. You don't have to have a mental health condition to fight with your boyfriend. Even a physical fight does not indicate that. PLEASE don't try to diagnose them in a forum. It's so incredibly unfair to everyone involved.

Respectfully, this was from the police transcripts. G & B both made statements to the responding police officers about their mental health issues. I suggest reading the transcripts.

It also states in the report that Brian said Gabby thought he was going to leave her in Moab without a ride. This stood out to me in that at least he thought that she thought he was capable of doing that.

Exactly. Was probably threatening to do it and she had to battle him for the keys/driver's seat.

So now we know that they were fighting, before August 13 (Brian admits to the "last few days" of fighting - Gabby is too emotional to make a statement).

I believe if someone like Him did something to someone like Her (not accusing anyone of anything here), That person took some time to cope with it. Would have decided he wanted to live and went home. For someone in that hypothetical situation, they would probably just looking for the plea deal. That bargaining is much less useful after a confession.

So, again - any theories about why he flew home and removed her stuff from his parents' house?

I'm not sure I agree about his strategy with the plea bargaining. Depends a lot on what they have on him. As I understand it, so far, his lawyer is a general practice type of guy. And while Brian may try to evade speaking to LE, I wonder what his parents will do if they are roped into this with subpoenas? Which is sure to happen, the way things are stacking up.

Will they lawyer up as well? Take the 5th?

I have an observation- in the post about the delicate arch- "she" says they hung out under the delicate arch for 2+ hours. The temperature in late July and August is 95-100 degrees. I find it HIGHLY improbable they sat out in the heat of the desert for 2 + hours. The whole thing reeks of a setup and apart of me doesn’t believe she’s wrote that.

This is the link of my observation,
Login • Instagram

Also the day they visited there was the day a 3rd party called the LE out to BL & GP.

RSFB

Lastly, if she did get to the butterfly wall, why does she look so pale rather than tanned?

This case is very strange IMO.

She is using sunscreen? These days, staying all one color (no tan lines) is very much a thing among young women. Gabby is positioning herself to be a youtube influencer of some kind - she certainly would know about sunscreen when traveling in the West. At any rate, she's equally pale throughout the trip - although her arms get gradually more tan (just slightly).

Her face is slightly paler than her neck, so I predict her sunscreen was of the type that includes tint, such as most of my students wear. She's the same shade as she was at the beach in FL, so I assume...sunscreen.

It seems so bizarre one thing that strikes me is that some mental illnesses start to manifest themselves around this age. Maybe he had a break of some sort.

Police report from Moab states they both have what appears to be a mental illness (which is the reason the policeman gives for not arresting either of them). It's the same mental illness and neither is medicated, but she is "manic" so we can guess...and yes, that's about the age that it usually shows up.

Hmm wondering which direction the "stuff" went in - FBI knows that is for sure.
IMO

Me too. And where is the information about his brief trip home being reported? I see it in the DM but no where else - surely we have a better source for that?

Really weird if he flew home just to clean out a storage unit (and move her property into his parents' house - I do think that gives a basis for an eventual search warrant). I wonder if they got a deal at that motel, because otherwise, that was a really expensive transfer of property out of a storage unit - just to save another couple of months of fees?

Question: If someone loses their intimate partner while on a trip, whether because their partner suddenly takes off, or disappears, or whatever, and they return home without the partner, fail to report the partner missing or even contact the partner’s family and friends in response to inquiries, and then they lawyer up, and remain silent, what do they think is going to happen next? Do they think, assuming the partner isn’t found, that they will simply be able to go on living a normal life? With a normal job? A normal circle of friends? A new partner? Etc.?

On another note, all I know about this case is that they were traveling and blogging (Social media posts) about their can life travels. Possibly only the gal was vlogging, etc.). After 8-25, no one outside of the boyfriend had spoken with Gabby. She didn’t post or vlog anymore. Her phone sent two texts to family after 8-25.

Boyfriend returns to their home base in Florida in their van, without Gabby. He essentially lawyers up and shuts up. Gabby’s family ultimately file a missing person’s report. They point at the boyfriend.

Other than that, is anyone willing to give me any facts they feel are important about this case?

I try to keep up but I’m so busy these days!

ETA: I know there was police involvement regarding these two shortly before the disappearance.

@PommyMommy cleaned up our timeline (@JerseyGirl and @JudgeJoe

MAR 17: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL - GM is the owner of the van
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park
AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE)
AUG 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”
AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite

SEP 1
: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10: The family alerted the National Park Service.
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement (?)

Let's fill this in -
ETA: added August 12 domestic response Aug 13
(@Seattle1 )
added Dailymail info about BL trip to Florida for the "storage unit move" returning Aug 23 and Gabby's snapchat to friend they are heading to Yellowstone
ETA - GB owns the van

Last edited:
Can we please STOP this.
We do not know her mental diagnosis or ANY health issues and going down this road and throwing around "she needs help or forced medication" at this time seems really wrong, IMO.

Her own family has said NOTHING on this. I dont think we should be speaking out on her mental health.
Let's remember Patrick Frazee claimed Kelsey was a suicidal alcoholic. And had everyone in town believing his story. So realize BL was in a situation that would make him less likely to tell the truth. And it's not unusual for a woman to cover for a man who hits her.

It wasn't just his side - it was a police report. Because Gabby admitted to slapping/scratching BL, she is put in the back of the squad car and Brian is given victims' assistance (Safe Haven) for the night.

BL says they are both mentally ill (Gabby is described as "manic" so we can take a guess at which one it is) and unmedicated.

Gabby tells LE a slightly different story (she did not grab Brian's arm as the squad car pulled up - must have happened earlier?)

What I see is a policeman taking a compassionate view of the situation, given that the only marks noted on anyone's body are on Brian's. Policeman notes that Gabby is "confused" and "emotional." To me, it sounds like she's crying hysterically. LE makes sure both have their phones - and Gabby must have stayed in the van that night, alone. In Moab.

August 12. Report filed. August 13.

Because the boyfriend mentioned a mental illness (which was not bipolar disorder, because it wasn't that long of a statement) it could have been depression, it could be something like anxiety, IOW, something not as serious as what people think of when they think of "mental illness" and to have a cop say she was "manic" is not a diagnosis. She could have been just incredibly PO'd and who knows what their relationship was really like. Sounds like they had domestic violence issues for awhile. But to protect the boyfriend in a case like that is nuts IMO. She is 110 lbs, obviously not as strong as him.

Also keep in mind a police report can be wrong. I had my car broken into at a park a couple of years ago, called the cops, the police report about it was all messed up. It was like the police officer wasn't even listening to me. And he made up things that he said he told me and he actually didn't tell me those things. IOW, it's possible the police report is wrong about some things. Don't take it as gospel or even factual. Sometimes they see what they want to see and hear what they want to hear.

IMO!

If BF sent after killing GP (accidentally or with intent), maybe he botched the decoy text in a state of stress, panic & whatever health condition he has. Still trying to understand how they are confident she made it to Tetons- and if so, why “Yosemite” didn’t raise red flags immediately?
By now, I’m sure law enforcement knows exactly where that phone was when the text was sent.

That location is going to be key.

Did Gabby know that BL went back to FL?

Did he leave in the van, parking it at the airport, to fly to FL?

Was she alone, without her van, that whole time, possibly unaware of his location? Were they communicating?

It'll take a while for those subpoenas... but digital gold.

He didn't fly home the second time.

Just some questions and opinions

If they stayed in a hotel near the airport when BL flew back to Florida, then there probably would have been an airport shuttle van provided by the hotel, so the van may have been parked at the hotel.

Unless they have been diagnosed by a professional and made this public themselves it's not a good idea to say either of them were suffering from a mental health condition. It's not fair to anyone to have people declare things like that, especially online, unless a doctor or family member shares that info. I say that as someone who's ex- was doing that online to me for a long time and it was infuriating. You don't have to have a mental health condition to fight with your boyfriend. Even a physical fight does not indicate that. PLEASE don't try to diagnose them in a forum. It's so incredibly unfair to everyone involved.
It’s in the incident report by LE. From conversation with GP & the travel partner.

@PommyMommy cleaned up our timeline (@JerseyGirl and @JudgeJoe

MAR 17: IG Post- 1 yr anniversary
JUL 2: GP announced her engagement to BL

JUL 2
: Van Life Road Trip Began for Gabby Petito and BL
JUL 5: The couple stopped at Kansas' Monument Rocks
JUL 8: Their next stop was Colorado Springs
JUL 10: Petito updated her Instagram with photos of her walking at Grand Sand Dunes National Park
JUL 16: Petito’s smiling in a photo from the couple’s next stop at Zion National Park
JUL 20: Petito informed her Instagram followers that they were at Cedar Breaks
JUL 21: The next stop was Bryce Canyon National Park
JUL 26: Petito posted a photo relaxing in hot tub at Mystic Hot Springs
JUL 30: The couple stopped at Canyonlands National Park Mesa Arch

AUG 10
: JF met Gabby and BL near Moab, Utah where they chatted about 40 min. JF and his gf then set off on a hike to the Delicate Arch. When they got back to the parking lot, Gabby and Laundrie were gone.
AUG 12: The couple took a hike at Arches National Park
AUG 12 Moab, UT PD police incident report - no criminal charges,respond to an incident involving BL and Gabrielle Petito
AUG 12 Arches National Park - reservation only campsite (per PE)
AUG 13: BF posted an Instagram photo from their next destination in Moab
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 27 - Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27 & 30: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”
AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite

SEP 1
: BL returns home to FL alone, retains an attorney & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10: The family alerted the National Park Service.
SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI
Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest
Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement (?)

Let's fill this in -
ETA: added August 12 domestic response Aug 13
(@Seattle1 )
added Dailymail info about BL trip to Florida for the "storage unit move" returning Aug 23 and Gabby's snapchat to friend they are heading to Yellowstone

Very helpful!

her uncle handwrote a timeline and his note says Yosemite
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online
47954553-9993619-_No_service_in_Yosemite_reads_the_text_from_Petito_s_cell_phone_-a-4_1631727159407.jpg

The quotes in the last point are interesting. Suggests the writer doesn't believe it. Possibly the sim swapped to another phone? Would love to know what the cell phone data shows as the location of this text.....I'm guessing not Yellowstone. If it does come back as from Yellowstone then I don't dare wonder where this is leading.

What explanation, then, do you suppose Brian gave for flying home around August 21 and moving all of Gabby's stuff out of the house? 8 days after their disorderly conduct (domestic violence) in Moab?

I don't have enough information about what happened there, but Brian might have told his parents that they had decided to live separately. That would be enough to explain why she wasn't with him when he got back. Or he might have told them that she'd gotten a job in Yellowstone. I don't think her parents thought he'd done something to her until his mother got that text saying that Gabby had dropped off the face of the earth. (Obviously I don't know what happened. I have been alive a long time though....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa