Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they texted while BL was in Florida and LE can recover those texts. I think they broke up and he left. The storage story makes no sense.

I sense he’s immature. Maybe a bit of a Momma’s boy? Maybe a bit of a handful?

They fight, obviously they had a physical altercation and he ran home. After a week of thinking things over and ruminating on it he flies back to have his last say and it becomes physical again. Only this time it was worse.

He was gone a whole week and Gabby stayed put? She didn’t take her van and go to her Dad’s or her Mom’s? She must have said some some stuff to friends?

He needs to talk.

MOO

To me it seems he was trying to control her by taking her phone and she was reacting.

As he claims to be so anti-technology, is there a possibility he doesn’t have his own phone and persuaded her to let him use hers for insta and calling his parents?

Could help explain his seeming lack of previous social media usage or online presence, and also, more of a stretch, but possibly relate to the uncle’s quote marks around the “her” in ‘“her” phone” in his timeline? I know the quote marks already make sense, due to them not believing it was in her possession at that time, but I’ve also known weird couples who have “our phone” and “our facebook account”: and GP & BL, as we know, had “our van”.

It’s in the incident report by LE. From conversation with GP & the travel partner.
Agreed.

There is no shame in being bi-polar or just struggling with depression.
I feel badly for Gabby as in the videos she seemed happy and excited.

In order for an extended road trip both parties have to make it work and they need to be on the same page.
Tbh, taking such a trip can be fun but a lot of work, throw any emotional issues or whatever LE witnessed and things can unravel quickly.
Not blaming anyone who is struggling.
MOO.

I think they following advice of legal counsel but this is still really odd behavior to me. I had a family member commit a crime against another person and how BLs parents are acting is the complete opposite of our behavior. We spoke to LE and were cooperative despite being heartbroken about what we knew the results would be. My family member acted irrationality thinking they could somehow avoid or run away from the issue and we of course offered to help the family member with a lawyer but we were still cooperative with LE. At the time we did not know a great deal of details other than what LE provided us with.

This leads me to think BLs family has knowledge of what occurred. Maybe even gave advice or something similar. Therefore the reason for the families silence as well as BLs.

MOO

Agree, they are choosing to follow legal counsel to protect their son.

Gabby was self revealing what she thought was her mental illness to the officers in Moab. Whether or not she was diagnosed/medicated I have not seen reported.

The police report part that we can read says they both had anxiety.

Anxiety is the most common mental health condition in America. That and their proximity to each other for months on end all day long every day created a situation where they were irritating each other and arguing a lot, that is what I got from the police report.
Whatever else she suffers from was probably a diagnosis from a doctor and should not be speculated about because it was redacted by the police and is private health information. At least that's what I read. maybe I'm missing part of the police report. I have read about 3 pages of it.

I wonder what the POI (boyfriend) is suffering from that he can't even tell her parents where he last saw her? Unless he's done that at that point...maybe he has by now? It's impossible to keep up with this case in real time. But if he hasn't, it's not even human, IMO to do that. They are worried sick about her and all he is doing is stonewalling - on the advice of attorneys, no doubt, but it's still inhuman behavior to do that to her parents. Something happened, we do know that. She didn't run off and get a job somewhere and just decide to drop off the face of the earth. She would have called her mother, or someone, or texted, at least.

As he claims to be so anti-technology, is there a possibility he doesn’t have his own phone and persuaded her to let him use hers for insta and calling his parents?

Could help explain his seeming lack of previous social media usage or online presence, and also, more of a stretch, but possibly relate to the uncle’s quote marks around the “her” in ‘“her” phone” in his timeline? I know the quote marks already make sense, due to them not believing it was in her possession at that time, but I’ve also known weird couples who have “our phone” and “our facebook account”: and GP & BL, as we know, had “our van”.
I believe he does have his own phone as her parents tried calling him but got no response. I'd assume they each had a phone for emergencies on a months long trip.

Gabby Petito's father and stepfather join 'America's Newsroom,' react to fiancé's statement

The father of 22-year-old Gabby Petito responded on "America's Newsroom" Wednesday to a statement issued through a family lawyer by his missing daughter's fiancé, Brian Laundrie.

"That wasn't a statement. I'm sorry. That's not a statement," Joe Petito told host Bill Hemmer.

"Forget Brian, Brian's home safe. His parents, yeah it's hard for them. Bulls---. You know what? My daughter is not here. Our daughter is not here. We don't even know what state she's in.

"You know, we're shooting from the hip here and trying to do what we can. So I don't care about the statement. I care about finding Gabby."

Gabby Petito's father and stepfather join 'America's Newsroom,' react to fiancé's statement

Last edited:
her uncle handwrote a timeline and his note says Yosemite
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online
47954553-9993619-_No_service_in_Yosemite_reads_the_text_from_Petito_s_cell_phone_-a-4_1631727159407.jpg
There's a great visual in the DM article, much as I dislike the Daily Mail in general. It shows where they were and when. Actually, a great article.

Last edited:
She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit.

Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit.

He left Gabby at the hotel so she, understandably, wouldn't be alone in the van. Brian then flew back to Utah and they left the hotel together on August 24.

Schmidt now wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

This makes no sense to me. I don't understand the urgency in the middle of a cross-country trip to empty the storage shed. Also, if the couple had a huge blowup of some sort, why even return?

I am trying to weigh the cost and hassle (gas and time for pickup and dropoff) of a round-trip ticket VS storage fees and it doesn't seem cost-effective. It may be an irrelevant point, but it bothers me for some reason. Returning day(s) before he left driving back to FLA.

Last edited:
I just can't with all the mental/emotional illness talk... so I'll just roll and scroll. The bottom line IS what he explained to the officer... she was afraid he was going to leave her alone/without transportation, which is just exactly what he did! He returned home with her van and informed no one (except maybe his parents and an attorney) and since then he's been in the background in hiding. Are we never to look out for each other and act responsibly?

Petito family says her boyfriend 'left Gabby in the wilderness with grizzly bears and wolves while he sits in the comfort of his home' as their daughter is missing

What if he drove off to cool down for awhile? He comes back later and she is gone. He waits awhile then calls his parents who tell him to come home. He doesn’t report her missing because he doesn’t know she is missing until he gets home. He may or may not have mentioned to anyone where he last saw her but now he is advised not to talk to anyone. He realizes the domestic incident report will eventually make him a person of interest so he clams up.
Or… he drove off to “cool off”, came back & discovered there had been an animal attack, freaked with his own mental health issues & here we are.

Then again, no parent on earth (I hope) would advise their son to then drive the deceased’s auto back, many states away, & retain an attorney, followed by the 5th.

So… nah. No wolves, bison, grizzlies, moose or cougars are guilty here. The incident report won’t hold a candle to what actually happened right before he hid her & headed to the protection of his parents. Imho, moo, etc

It was probably the best option for them though, if that's what he was doing. Separate from the person you're fighting with and locking yourself in car when there's no where else to go is not a bad way to try and defuse a situation.

The other option would be to leave them and drive off...which clearly happened another time, we just don't know the circumstances of that particular incident.
I'm sorry. I missed where it had been reported he drove off before. When and where? The first incident I have seen was Moab on the 12th. Thanks!

BBM- The police report stated both of them had there phones in case of an emergency when they separated the couple for the night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa