Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
AUG 17: BL returns to Florida via airplane to move their things out of storage returns Aug 23

AUG 19: YouTube travel video posted
AUG 21: Gabbys dad orders Uber eats
AUG 21: Gabby told her Dad on FaceTime that they had lost power during a stop in Salt Lake City.
AUG 23: BL returns from Florida trip via airplane (Where was the van parked?)
AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah

Why did Gabby not mention to her Dad or parents that BL was not with her and had gone back to Florida? I'm thinking the abuse was hidden from her parents or maybe she was the aggressor. Maybe BL's family knew about it but her parents didn't.
Where are you getting abuse from? That has not been established.

N23NW is a twin engine Cesna turbo prop registered to DELAWARE TRUST CO TRUSTEE. Possible contracted flight to search
N59906- is a twin engine Piper registered to Marc Inc., a contract flight company out of Bolton, MS.

Both do look like S&R patterns. both were operating between 10 and 15K ft. They're not ideal airplanes to do S&R, but in a pinch, I guess any eyes in the sky are helpful.

The original post about this showed the plane's tail # as N23NW. Flight Aware history shows a similar flight pattern back on Sept 4th which is before GP was reported missing. I doubt it has anything to do with her.

History ✈ N23NW - FlightAware

If he drove the van that was registered to her (hence she was the owner) back to Florida alone, would that not appear to be theft of a vehicle? That part is really sticking with me. What gives him the right to take her mode of transport? Even is she was acting violent (big if here), I still can’t square him taking her property and then taking it thousands of miles away from where she was last seen. Curious what others think specific to him taking possession of the truck. (all just my opinion and speculation)

Of course it's nervy, opportunistic, and unchivalrous, but pales in comparison to what else he has likely done...

Arresting him for theft would only muddy the waters now. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing Gabby Petito: Brian Laundrie reportedly not cooperating with investigation: LIVE UPDATES

15 mins ago

FAST FACTS
  • Searches are underway in Grand Teton National Park, Petito's last known location.

• The North Port police chief is calling out Brian Laundrie for not cooperating, saying that it is "hindering this investigation."

• A police report obtained by Fox News on Wednesday detailed a physical altercation between the couple on Aug. 12 in Moab, Utah, roughly two weeks before Petito went missing.

The original post about this showed the plane's tail # as N23NW. Flight Aware history shows a similar flight pattern back on Sept 4th which is before GP was reported missing. I doubt it has anything to do with her.

History ✈ N23NW - FlightAware
Yeah. There's nothing to definitively document today's pattern as related to Petito. The similar pattern would be logical if the plane was 'regularly' used for S&R. Not sure why they'd choose a low wing, but it's not entirely unheard of.

Does anyone else recall the article that mentions that Gabby did have long text exchanges with her mother around the 24th? It was referenced somewhere, I will try to find it.
Haven’t found details on the Aug 24 text yet.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

Schmidt said she last spoke with her daughter on August 23 or August 24. She texted with her daughter August 27, and then received that final text three days later.

But she said those texts didn't sound like something her daughter would write and said 'It may not have been her.'

Asked whether she thinks Brian sent the texts, she told DailyMail.com, 'Yes, which may not be the truth, but it's a possibility.'

'It was just a little bit weird, the things that she was saying,' the mom added, though she wouldn't elaborate.

Yosemite is much further SE of San Jose, though.
The scale of that map of the continental Us is far too large to be drawing any specifics about the arrows.

They are just "general" regions for an overview of the ther trip and should not be too closely examined. It's more like The USA for Dummies

I'm in agreememt that LE has not yet mapped out her phone pings or contacts.

Let's just wait to see what develops.

Have they been using cash, credit or debit while traveling? With needing gas, food I would think that his/her locations could be tracked with bank data and cameras at these locations.
I would think it not safe to carry alot of cash on you while traveling to campgrounds although you would need some for emergencies..

<modsnip - no links>

They were in Salt Lake City on August 20-21 (Gabby's dad says he ordered them Uber Eats and he says "them" but it's possible he didn't know it was just one person). This is the day of the (brief) power outage in one quadrant of SLC (affected about 5000 customers. The power outage was resolved by dinner time, btw - but occurred at 5 pm and Gabby couldn't have known it was about to be restored.

No pings from any phones that we know about, so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven’t found details on the Aug 24 text yet.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

Schmidt said she last spoke with her daughter on August 23 or August 24. She texted with her daughter August 27, and then received that final text three days later.

But she said those texts didn't sound like something her daughter would write and said 'It may not have been her.'

Asked whether she thinks Brian sent the texts, she told DailyMail.com, 'Yes, which may not be the truth, but it's a possibility.'

'It was just a little bit weird, the things that she was saying,' the mom added, though she wouldn't elaborate.

Yes, but there was another article that mentions mother and daughter texting 'extensively'. It was not these texts, and I'm not sure of the exact date. Basically, the implication was Gabby was telling her mother about the issues / fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member