Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible bad interaction Moab couple shot. Cause argument GP and boyfriend causing 911 call.

‘They left in van before police arrived but police later see the van running red light. Boyfriend doesn’t stop right away and girlfriend goes nuts pounding on arm to stop van which is witnessed by police. Boyfriend stops and female is rightfully very upset. He may blame her for everything. Now he has a witness …
Well I don't think they'd have time to murder a couple all while the cops were responding the the initial domestic call the witness made. Literally they'd have to have murdered them after they got into a fight and between being pulled over.

This mental health issue.....
Anxiety was mentioned in that report, two other words were redacted.
If those also refer to anxiety....don't we all for the most part have anxiety attacks in stressful situations at one point or another?
Gabby was far from home, very uncomfortable in that particular situation, fearful etc...so unless we know more I don't really think we can assume she has a serious mental health issue.

I agree, MOO, it could be that BL was making her a nervous wreck.

(This is so unusual, IMO.)

Police chief tweeting to the boyfriend’s lawyer:

Chief Todd Garrison
@NPPDPoliceChief

“Mr. Steven Bertolino, esq. the
@NorthPortPolice
needs your help in finding Gabby Petito. Please call us to arrange a conversation with Brian Laundrie. Two people left on a trip and one person returned! #wheresgabby #FindGabby #fbitampa #gabbypetito
https://twitter.com/NPPDPoliceChief/status/1438242034775732236?s=20

Journalist commenting about the tweet above:

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
5m

1/2 Laundrie family attorney told the AP this today: “In my experience, intimate partners are often the first person law enforcement focuses their attention on in cases like this and the warning that ‘any statement made will be used against you’ is true...,

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
5m

2/2 "... regardless of whether my client had anything to do with Ms. Petito’s disappearance. As such, on the advice of counsel Mr. Laundrie is not speaking on this matter,”
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1438288323244609539?s=20

Wow. This escalated fast. From the family simply asking “Hey Brian, where’s Gabby?” to the attorney pointing out that intimate partners get the first attention from LE. Not even an “I don’t know where she is” from BL.

This indicates to me that they know SOMETHING most definitely HAPPENED. And BL knows what and where.

jmo

That's a pretty biased and judgmental assumption of a neutral 3rd party report. The officer stated what he saw, he didn't just confirm some random version of events from Brian. While Brian has made himself public enemy #1 and is very unlikable right now, I think it's really unfair to say they're trying to make Gabby as hysterical or irrational when no one said, or implied, that in the report.

Especially since Brian was the one with her fingernail scratches on his face resulting from this incident. That being said, Brian needs to step forward with what he knows. If he wants to be careful, he should communicate what he knows via his attorney. Otherwise if he continues to keep quiet, it is making him look very bad.

Last edited:
It most certainly would change the course! I agree with NS, the text citing Yosemite was most likely not sent by her daughter, GP.

Also, I think it unrealistic to expect cell phone data location (cell tower pings, triangulation, etc.) available on this date because tower location data (pings, triangulation, etc.,) requires a search warrant pursuant to US Supreme Court 16-402 Carpenter v US (2018).

Pings/location data not to be confused with call/text history records which are readily accessible. MOO

Are you saying that call and text records can be accessed without a warrant?

I think she actually talked to her mom either the 24 or 25 and sounded like she texted on the 27th maybe back and forth and then final text the 30th. Her mom is not sure if the text on 27th and 30th were really GP. If it wasn't her then it appears someone was trying to deceive her mom as to her whereabouts.

E_WPwSHXoAcWE2S
It does look as though Pratt's report has a lot of "I heard", "It was reported", and "I heard other officers report" as if he wasn't on the scene. The witness and firsthand officer's report are a bit different, unless I'm wrong, and I'm prone to being human!

Regarding the murder of Turner and Schulte ( itself so sad and tragic, they had just married :() :

First we need to know if BL brought a gun with him on the road trip.

Second, they were found I assume near to or where they were camping. Iirc apparently it was a pretty secluded, out of the way, and not a normal listed camping area.

Would BL have happened on such a place if he was basically a tourist? (or he may have followed Schulte from the place she worked...?)
However, they did say a creeper was hanging around so was this creeper there BEFORE the incident with Gabby at the place Schulte worked? The women texted (or called) a friend about the weirdo, so the timing can be established.

Personally I don't think their murder is related to Gabby's disappearance.
But investigators are "not ruling it out"....I guess maybe.

This may mean nothing but why would BL's dad have him fly back during his trip to move stuff out of storage to save $ at that time? Why not just wait until he got back to handle all of that? Seems odd the dad didn't think to do this before they left and someone is paying for air fair to bring him back to save $. I don't get it. IMO

Ok - another thought. If he were able to fly back to FL to move her things, why drive the van back at all? Why not leave the van in Utah or wherever and just fly back to FL again? The driving back to FL is so bizarre to me. (Just my opinion and speculation)
Right? He could have just said he left her and her van at a campsite and flew home; he has no idea what happened to her after that. Ahh, hindsight. Instead he left her alone in the desert and took her vehicle home with him. It makes no sense to me.

I know and I’m grasping at straws but him flying to Florida to empty a storage unit doesn’t seem logical so why did he fly back?
It really doesn't! I mean his dad was mowing the grass this week so clearly even at 62, he is fit enough to get out in the yard to do yard work, so why not just have dad empty the storage unit for him and avoid the time and money with flying back?

Actually…they may not have it. We stay at Marriott properties primarily and rarely checkout at the desk. We just call the front desk and leave the keys in the room or use the app for check out and just leave—often not even through the lobby. Ugh.

I travel a lot for work and I usually have a rental car, so I park the car near the door closest to my room. And, as quoted, I check out on the tv/app/whatever and exit through a side/back door.

IMO Maybe his parents bought his ticket back home when they heard he was staying at the Safe Haven sponsored room due to the physical altercation which painted her crazy. Might not have been the next flight out, but maybe the next flight out that would coincide with his ETA to the SLC airport. We still don’t know where he moved her things to. Maybe he told his dad they broke up and he moved his things from the unit and into his/their bedroom. What was to become of her things? Maybe her things (including what was in the room) are back at the unit… doubt it.
Maybe she paid for his ticket back to SLC to help with the drive home and/or fix things and continue the trip?
If only he and his family would speak up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391