SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harpootlian said Murdaugh went to a detox facility after he left the hospital for immediate treatment from the Sept. 4 incident. From detox, Murdaugh attempted to enter rehab.

“Unfortunately the place he was at did not have a bed, and so we had to find him another bed,” Harpootlian said.

“This was being paid for by insurance,” Harpootlian added — presumably with reference to Murdaugh’s treatment but perhaps also with reference to his own representation.
Suspended S.C. Attorney Alex Murdaugh Pleads Poverty at South Carolina Bond Hearing

BBM
My take on it? The millions went into a lifestyle they couldn't afford, property, boats, furs, plus legal fees for Paul and alcohol and drugs for both Alex, Paul and most of BM and Pauls's friends. As one guy said Moselle hunting lodge was THE party place while they were all in school and beyond.

My take on what happened on 9-4? Alex cooked up a scheme with his drug dealer/cousin to make it look like whoever killed MM and PM were after him also. I think he did that to throw suspicion off himself. I think SLED is getting close to the truth as to what happened the night MM and PM were killed.

I think him and cousin Eddie met out there and Alex handed Eddie a gun to fire some shots in the ground as evidence someone tried to kill Alex. We all saw how shaky cousin Eddie was in court yesterday. I think old cuz hit the pavement with one shot and it ricocheted
up and grazed Alex. Head wounds bleed a lot. I think when cousin Eddie saw the blood he got so rattled he took off and couldn't even remember where he threw the gun out. (Which BTW could have been one of the murder weapons, not saying it is but...). I think Alex touched his head, saw the blood and panicked and called 911 for a life flight helicopter because in his drunken, drug addled state I think he thought Eddie really did blow his brains out (what few were there in the first place) and that he really was going to die.

Comedy hour at it's finest.

This is my theory only, my opinion only, my speculation of what really took place.

JMO
I like it. And oh, to see the church parking lot footage now....

This case is certainly a lesson in how things can malfunction in criminal justice systems. It shows how people can cleverly rig the system to make it work, or not work.

Most importantly, it's a lesson in why constant transparency in government at all levels is imperative.

Several years ago, an outrage resulted when, during the investigation of the Rhoden Family Massacre in Ohio, the state banned public/news media access to all autopsy reports. The change was approved by the Ohio Supreme Court. Some folks defended the change, saying there was no need for the public to have access to details of how someone died.

This case is an example of why that transparency for A/Rs is necessary. It's because someone who was murdered or abused in a nursing home, etc. can't have their COD reported as natural causes. As grim as an AR is, the news media and the public need to have access to the information when criminal activity or abuse is suspected.
Yeah we learned that the hard way didn't we? We still haven't seen an A/R or read any proffers in the Rhoden murders.

The deaths of MM and PM certainly need as much light shined on them as possible. Plus all the crooked deal made by Alex and co. I have a feeling the appeals for any settlements/convictions are being written up by hundreds of attorneys across SC at this very minute. Bad thing is, how many really guilty people will walk because Alex worked on their criminal case while in a drug addled state. 10 mil buys a lot of opioids.

JMO

From what I can gather, insurance fraud could be either, depending on the amount of money involved. I’m not sure how you compute that since no money was distributed. Conspiracy to commit insurance fraud and filing a false police report are felonies I think.

According to the charges, they are going with the felony of over $50k

"3553-Insurance / False statement, misrep., or assisting, abetting, soliciting, or conspiring - 1st offense, $50,000 or more"

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Ha...657411011280505348697965741207911390736612299

BBM
My take on it? The millions went into a lifestyle they couldn't afford, property, boats, furs, plus legal fees for Paul and alcohol and drugs for both Alex, Paul and most of BM and Pauls's friends. As one guy said Moselle hunting lodge was THE party place while they were all in school and beyond.

My take on what happened on 9-4? Alex cooked up a scheme with his drug dealer/cousin to make it look like whoever killed MM and PM were after him also. I think he did that to throw suspicion off himself. I think SLED is getting close to the truth as to what happened the night MM and PM were killed.

I think him and cousin Eddie met out there and Alex handed Eddie a gun to fire some shots in the ground as evidence someone tried to kill Alex. We all saw how shaky cousin Eddie was in court yesterday. I think old cuz hit the pavement with one shot and it ricocheted
up and grazed Alex. Head wounds bleed a lot. I think when cousin Eddie saw the blood he got so rattled he took off and couldn't even remember where he threw the gun out. (Which BTW could have been one of the murder weapons, not saying it is but...). I think Alex touched his head, saw the blood and panicked and called 911 for a life flight helicopter because in his drunken, drug addled state I think he thought Eddie really did blow his brains out (what few were there in the first place) and that he really was going to die.

Comedy hour at it's finest.

This is my theory only, my opinion only, my speculation of what really took place.

JMO
I like it. And oh, to see the church parking lot footage now....
Harpootlian said Murdaugh went to a detox facility after he left the hospital for immediate treatment from the Sept. 4 incident. From detox, Murdaugh attempted to enter rehab.

“Unfortunately the place he was at did not have a bed, and so we had to find him another bed,” Harpootlian said.

“This was being paid for by insurance,” Harpootlian added — presumably with reference to Murdaugh’s treatment but perhaps also with reference to his own representation.
Suspended S.C. Attorney Alex Murdaugh Pleads Poverty at South Carolina Bond Hearing
It sounded to me as if he was referring to representation. How would that work, exactly?

Checking in. Just saw the court clip. Out on bail already. Wonder where the out-of-state rehab is that he returns to? Not surprised he’s out but disappointed (nothing new) that justice isn’t fair. Insurance fraud should be an enormous deal. Ditto for interfering with an investigation & false reporting. And I don’t believe for a minute he couldn’t rustle up the cash for flight. Maybe the millions he embezzled are already offshore?

Did notice his prison shirt was green. Much better look for a carrot top than other colors. Disappointed he got to wear his covid mask- kind of grants a sense of privacy. Now goin’ back to read missed posts…

It seems fairly certain he will be charged with more crimes- of the white collar, just-thieving & scamming variety. There is no chance at all he would be held without bond if that's "all" he's charged with.

That was my initial thought but I'm also not a legal analyst. To me, I felt that thought was emotionally based and not driven off the charges current/upcoming

Wondering if AM relied a lot on his father for case referrals. I'm not sure his father officially retired from the firm before he died, but he certainly would have slowed down, especially after he became ill. Maybe that's when the AM's "conversion" of client and law firm money really took off. JMO.

i soooo agree. Just see how much time everyone is speculating on all these drug related issues..... I feel its all cooked. (no pun intended)
I'm telling you from family experience, if he was truly addicted to oxy his rehab stay would have been six weeks of total suffering. He wouldn't have walked out on his own for any court date. It's a brutal withdrawal. Moo

I’m just letting my imagination run wild here but…

Has anyone ever considered if this could be bigger than we think? What if the firm is just a money laundering outlet and there’s a bigger organized crime syndicate rooting itself into the community through it?

Of course PM and MM would be erased for bringing attention to matters that should remain hidden behind perfect southern charm and hospitality. It sent a very real message to AM and the firm to control your peeps and not mess with them.

AM and family had of course benefited through the years by greasing the palms of many influential players for the bigger “FAMILY” but in this he is the fall guy - he isn’t a drug addict nor did he take the firm funds. He just had family members that brought too much attention where there shouldn’t have been.

The firm had to explain how certain millions went missing by saying that AM took it, because FAMILY isn’t happy about all the scrutiny and needed ”expenses” that couldn’t be adequately explained to be explained quickly.

For AM, the only choice left was publicly take the fall and make everything be quiet again or your and BM’s safety would be not be guaranteed…

He thought he’d kill himself and provide BM with enough funds for life so he can move away and not work for the firm anymore. But CES (the only person he knew who might agree to such a crazy plan) proved much too unreliable and it failed.

So now he has no choice but to go to jail as the fall guy who took millions.

Just my musings. Maybe I watch too many movies.
*Editing myself to say by “FAMILY” I didn’t mean AM’s family but a hypothetical crime syndicate. Not at all suggesting any wrongdoing by AM’s actual family or anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa