Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what Gabby did for the 6 days she was at the hotel? Did she drive anywhere? I wonder what her plan was. I wish she had just asked her parents for a ticket home if she didn’t have the money herself.
She’s a grown woman, you would think that she could be on her own for 6 days. She must have left the hotel at some point. MOO

I HATE this - especially involving the children in the back of this golf cart like this is all fun and games. And if Brian turns out to have no involvement in Gabby's disappearance other than leaving . . . ?
Focusing on his potential involvement:

If he isn’t involved, he and his family are horrible people, and I don’t care that they are being bombarded by media and the community. All he has to do is say where he left her, that’s it. Give them a starting point.

They stopped returning texts weeks ago, and never reported Gabby missing.

If he is involved, it speaks for itself.

This is me saying this - not fact:

Once they finish their investigation and get enough for an indictment, they're gonna eventually have to plead him out when all is said and done IF they have not recovered her because they need to find her for the family. (This is likely what his atty is banking on - Hence, the silence.)

If they are able to recover her prior to him being charged look out for the defense to possibly do the 'the other guy could have done it' standard "reasonable doubt" play.

Far from a "Reasonable Doubt Play" at this point evidence points as much at someone else having harmed her as BL, so far LE hasnt announced a shred of evidence that suggests she even has come to harm at the hands of another.

His lawyer certainly doesnt come across as experienced with criminal matters but he doesnt have to be if LE cant even establish that a crime has taken place.

Yeah, he was agitated when he got out of the van. He hadn't pulled over right away, which the officer didn't like. Gabby said she had been punching him in the arm while he was driving. That could account for him crossing the double yellow and then smacking into the curb.

It seemed to me that he soon calmed down and became comfortable even though he did a lot of "fig leafing."

I think he was trying to push her out of the moving car. imo.

Yeah, he was agitated when he got out of the van. He hadn't pulled over right away, which the officer didn't like. Gabby said she had been punching him in the arm while he was driving. That could account for him crossing the double yellow and then smacking into the curb.

It seemed to me that he soon calmed down and became comfortable even though he did a lot of "fig leafing."
I agree with the your overall interpretation, but if I recall correctly, they asked if he was on medications towards the end of the interaction.

Strange when in the car with LE on the way to the hotel the officer and BL talked about Yosemite. Then the text supposedly from Gabby to her mom Yosemite is mistakingly written in place of Yellowstone. more reason to think BL wrote it not Gabby, IMO
Good catch !
Hmmm.... an "oopsie poopsie" ???
If there's been foul play... any number of mistakes will hopefully provide answers.
Imo.

If they were supposed to be in Yosemite around that date they would have needed a reservation
I believe reservations can only be made the night before. At least that is how it is done here in Colorado. When you want to visit one of the parks here, like Estes Park, you have to go online around 5pm and make a reservation for the next day for an available 2 hr slot. It is VERY hard to get as you have hundreds of people online hitting refresh to be the lucky one to get a slot. I have missed out so many times while trying from home. I can imagine how hard it is while trying from your phone w/ maybe crappy signal out on the road.

I HATE this - especially involving the children in the back of this golf cart like this is all fun and games. And if Brian turns out to have no involvement in Gabby's disappearance other than leaving . . . ?
then he should say hat and take the suspition away from his family home, they are mad cause he wont speak, not because they know what he did.

This case is so crazy - I have been following like it's my job. It is absolutely baffling to me that ANYONE would suggest that this guy is innocent. We have to use logic here and NOTHING he has done is logical. You DO NOT return home without the love of your life and NOT tell her family that something horrible has happened / not answer calls / texts / not do anything in your power to find the person you love. It is not logical for a human being to witness an accident and NOT call for help. In my opinion, there is only one answer here. I am so sad for GP and her family.

IMHO there are other scenarios, none of which makes him innocent, but which could complicate things and be the cause of him hiding at home and grabbing a lawyer. Usually an outright murder, I feel like the perp tries to come up with a valid-sounding cover story and act innocent. He isn’t even trying to do that. That’s why I wonder if something happened like a fight where she somehow fell or otherwise died during the scuffle….or possibly even a suicide that he could have caused, directly or indirectly…. Or even he could have abandoned her and something happened to her afterwards, self-inflicted or third-party-inflicted. He could have got scared and hid her body and then hightailed it home.

Or hey, he could have just outright did the deed and then came home and holed up in his bedroom, who knows. I still feel like he seems narcissistic for Gabby to be that weepy and hysterical, mental illness or not. It could be that he did the deed and then came home, told his parents some sort of sob story, and they hired the lawyer.

It’s just so weird. Doesn’t fit other partner-crimes as far as they usually try to come up with some sort of alibi.

I agree. Also, had that happened, he could have just told law enforcement that she jumped out at such and such place, and give them that location.

The fact that he won’t do that, tells me that he didn’t just drive off and leave her, at least not alive.
I agree, if he really cared about her or her family why couldn’t he go against advice of parents and attorney call the tip line from a burner phone anonymously without giving his name where she might be located? Do the right thing.

I definitely don’t think she just went off the grid or went dark. I’m trying to think through what it might look like if he truly wasn’t involved in her demise.
All Possible but prior to her “disappearance “she was in regular contact with family members.If she has just gone off the grid/dark that is not characteristic of her past behaviors. I understand getting an attorney but remaining 100% silent is much different then cooperating with LE under the guidance of an attorney to protect your rights, especially when there is a person who has possibly been harmed or in danger.

and drive it back across the country. Maybe she’d already gotten connected with another individual or group and made plans so he wasn’t really worried about her. It could even have been an amicable breakup, and he didn’t expect to hear from her much.
We don’t know if any of what she told her parents was true, including her location, plans, story about him going home just for storage unit. We don’t know whether he was with her when she talked to her mom on the phone last, right? Maybe the sighting of them together at the hotel was a brief meetup to exchange keys and such. Too many unknowns here.
I can see logic in him getting an attorney and not talking, even if he’s innocent. I had a close family member who was the last person to see 2 people who escaped from a jail. The attorney advised her not to speak to anyone. Media were camped outside the house. Calls were all recorded. They just had to wait for the investigation to proceed.
I could see why his behavior might look suspicious to the family if G hadn’t been telling them the exact truth about her whereabouts and plans. And it wouldn’t make things better for him to accuse them of making inaccurate statements. He would look like a liar and blaming a victim.
Of course, he could also be a killer. Or both of them could be. This is certainly mysterious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have we discussed why her hair is shoulder length in her last IG pic? Do we know how old that pic is? thanks
Here hair is in layers, so the way she is bending over, you only see the front layers making her hair appear short. The next pictures (there are 7 slides on that post) show her standing up straight and her hair is clearly very long.

Here is a very enlightening Youtube video by an attorney and a police detective that explains quite clearly why people should never talk to the police. I believe it was an educational seminal in Norfolk, Virginia, sponsored by the Virginian Pilot newspaper and the Regent University School of Law. It may answer a lot of folks questions on why people should never speak to the police (unless reporting a crime).

Comedian Kathleen Madigan has a really funny bit about her father being an attorney, and she was told from childhood never rat yourself out. Never speak to a cop. "I can't recall, I need an attorney" is all you should say. The prisons, Kathleen says, are full of people who can't keep their damn mouths shut.

It does seem like good legal advice, even though this is frustrating and painful for the family.

I'm not inclined to take anything at face value without corroboration and so I would treat any statements by individuals to the press with a grain of salt.

I agree with the importance of “proof”, but at this point we’ve just about only had “statements without corroboration” as far as I can tell …not only the friend, but Gabby’s mother & father as well. IMO.

My first impressions is that she is mentally troubled (aggressive, admits to being on medication, describes herself as OCD and thinks herself as mean). He seems embarrassed and overwhelmed/confused by all of it. He’s got all the physical injuries/scratches etc, reported witnesses to his defensive position in the fight and yet still says he’s fine, he loves her, doesn’t want her to get in trouble. Men don’t want to admit when a woman is aggressive to them.
She didn't admit to being on medication.

What if they didn't know she was missing? What if all BL knew is that she wasn't talking to him?
They had her van parked at her house. She had been living with them. Their actions then, coupled with their actions now, leave no doubt in my mind.

Their continued behavior speaks volumes.

I agree completely. There are a lot of devil's advocates on this thread. She's missing. If he didn't do anything wrong, he could have just said so. All he had to do was cooperate and be helpful. Everything he is doing screams guilt, so if he IS innocent and this case goes cold w/no body, he is going to end up being treated like Casey Anthony, as much as I hate that case being mentioned yet again.

Imo, he is acting guilty bc he is.
That’s putting it mildly - BL is a Named POI- they don’t do that lightly. Just because LE hasn’t released any evidence doesn’t mean they don’t have any. Gabby is missing and to question what her parents did or did not do is not okay ( not you but other posters have ). He could so easily have answered her moms text or call and said - “I don’t know- she left me”- or maybe explain why he had her Van -but he did not. So now his actions and his family’s and his attorneys are going to be examined in the court of public opinion. Let the chips fall where they may.

only he knows where gabby is- I hope he has not had a good nights sleep in 18 days - much like her family
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member