Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if he thinks she's alive but I agree that he's waiting to tailor the story he's going to tell so it matches whatever evidence LE & a prosecuting attorney can uncover. The less he says early on, the harder it is to show inaccuracies and lies in his early statements later on when more facts are available. He could be waiting to see how badly decomposed her body might be by the time it's found - *if* it's found. He's likely waiting and hoping for winter to set in on those mountains. He could be waiting for any wounds he may have sustained to heal. And he could be waiting for witnesses' memories to grow stale. And the entire time I am sure he's closely studying everything that's being discussed and anything that's being uncovered related to the case. And he's formulating how he should weave a web of tales that might best fit his defense by whatever time he's finally forced to answer questions. I wish LE could find a reason to compel him to speak. The sooner the better.

Once the evidence has been analyzed, he may begin talking.

From a previously posted article:

Mr Skordas added there could come a time when a person of interest would want to talk to police.

“Maybe down the road there will come a time when there will be some quid pro quo and they’ll talk with the government and say ‘look we’ll give a statement but we want some concessions as to what that will do and how that will be used in the case,’” Mr Skordas told KUTV.

Why police can’t force Brian Laundrie to speak on Gabby Petito’s disappearance

The father of missing Long Island native Gabby Petito criticized her boyfriend Brian Laundrie’s sister over her remarks about “love” in a TV interview about the disappearance.

Cassie Laundrie said in an interview to be broadcast on ABC News’ “Good Morning America” on Friday that she and her family “obviously” want Petito to be found safe.

“She’s like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding,” she said amid accusations by the Petitos that her family was withholding valuable information about Gabby’s whereabouts.

Gabby’s father Joe Petito told NewsNation’s Ashleigh Banfield that the Laundries have a twisted sense of love.

Gabby Petito’s father criticizes sister of boyfriend Brian Laundrie for remarks about 'love'

occams razor ... he did or witnessed something intentionally or unintentionally, then high tailed it home ... the question is when such thing happened and where specifically?

I don't think they've started a search because where would they even start looking? yellowstone? yosemite? utah?

Mr Skordas added there could come a time when a person of interest would want to talk to police.

“Maybe down the road there will come a time when there will be some quid pro quo and they’ll talk with the government and say ‘look we’ll give a statement but we want some concessions as to what that will do and how that will be used in the case,’” Mr Skordas told KUTV.

Yes! Exactly. I honestly do not understand why the Petito's are not screaming for an immunity deal to compel the end of the Laundrie silence. That makes no sense. They clearly have no trouble being public about their feelings.

• Aug 27 and Aug. 30: Petito's mother gets texts from daughter’s phone, but never speaks directly to her; Petito's last text to her mother reads “No service in Yosemite,” even though she had previously told family she and Laundrie were heading to Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming, 800 miles away from Yosemite in California
  • Sept. 1: Laundrie arrives with the van back in Florida at the home he and Petito share with his parents in North Port; Petito is not with him, according to police
  • Sept. 11: After not hearing from her for days, Petito's family reports her missing
  • Sept. 14: Laundrie family releases statement saying in part "On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family," adding that they won't have further comment.
  • Sept. 15: Lawyer for Laundrie family says they are “remaining in the background” and will have no further comment. Police say that Laundrie still has not talked with them or cooperated in the investigation, but is named a person of interest; Gabby’s family releases statement condemning Laundrie for not aiding in search
  • Sept. 16: Petito's stepfather searches for her in Wyoming, as FBI and other law enforcement attempt to trace Laundrie's steps from Wyoming back to his home in Florida. Petito family pens letter to Laundrie family, pleading with them: "Please, if you or your family has any decency left, please tell us where Gabby is located. Tell us if we are even looking in the right place."

Gabby Petito Goes Missing: What We Know About Timeline of Events So Far

Websleuthers,
Defense will most likely say she was unstable and they had an argument, she broke up and walked out in the middle of the night. He just gave up and went to sleep. Never knew anything was wrong until cops came asking.

Right now nothing is saying that's not true. With news reports of suspicious local crimes at that time. The other side of me says who just let's someone go like that regardless, then I'm reminded of my youth. I'm mixed on this because there is no normal reaction. And I do remember in my young marriage storming out late at night.

Well, quite a case we've got here. I thought a lot about it over the past few days, chewing on various theories, some very outlandish. This is the best I can come up with:

1) Gabby and Brian have yet another fight, with G daring B to ride away (she was afraid he would back in Moab?)

2) Brian called her bluff and took off in the van.

3) After a couple of hours regret and worry set in. He tries to call Gabi, but she went off the grid <modsnip - no link>

4) After possibly an entire day spent trying to reach/find her, he gives up and drives home

5) Gabi met her demise either by accident (e.g. falling down a ravine) or at the hands of a complete stranger

Now, I have absolutely no clue what could possibly justify the total radio silence from the Laundrie family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a rant. I can’t stand the mental health aspersions against Gabby. Anxiety and OCD are not like schizophrenia. She is in no way nuts. I have anxiety, or as my mother used to say, I was “high strung”. He is absolutely hiding something. Any other fiancé would be leaping to find her if she were merely lost, abandoned, or suicidal, putting personal concerns aside in a life or death situation. At the least calling her mother when they split. This case only has one logical conclusion and it is completely heartbreaking. I feel so sad when I see her cry.
My husband was cool as ice when the police spoke with him. He strangled me. I could hardly make sense I was so upset and in shock. That’s a clue. In the video , She is sad and upset. He is smiling. I get it that they said she did the “hitting” but something provoked this that neither of them explained. My husband convinced me for years I couldn’t tell or we’d e d up homeless and starving basically. Something deeply disturbed her, what was it? God bless her, just a young girl, trusting someone she is getting to know better the hard way.❤️
I got you on that mental health thing...but she's in a bad state. an evaluation could have put her in a safe place and let her settle. I agree he is jovial and almost nervous with laughter like super cooperative and maybe not bothered by her being alone. I mean my first thought was there was something unsavory with him, and maybe there is, and his words of protection are just words. But I'll stand by that going with no medical evaluation was a miss and letting someone who is distraught to go off alone. I can't imagine how her parents can even watch this video. It is heartbreaking and i do think LE tried due diligence but she didn't get the support she needed--like a hotel room like he got. I wished they checked on her... I wish he didn't laugh so much and she didn't cry so much. Opposite reactions--

Just joining in… is it possible that the scratches and wounds to brian could be linked to the couple that was found murdered? Just a thought that keeps coming to mind. Sorry I don’t know how to link the article about looking into connection.

The scratches were seen on Brian the day before the girls disappeared.

Here is the newest headlining article on The Daily Mail.

Police looking into murder of worker of co-op where Petito and Laundrie had fight | Daily Mail Online

Yes! Exactly. I honestly do not understand why the Petito's are not screaming for an immunity deal to compel the end of the Laundrie silence. That makes no sense. They clearly have no trouble being public about their feelings.

I don't think immunity typically works at this point in an investigation. Prosecutors typically do not give immunity to a person of interest that may be the main perpetrator of a crime. They generally give it to some ancillary actor in the crime in order to convict the main perpetrator. Also, I think it only works in the courtroom when a witness is on the stand. Although negotiations between LE and suspects/witnesses certainly happen.

Once its apparent to his attorneys, how cooperating could be an advantage in a plea arrangement, he will start talking.

They will wait to see what LE figures out and if it makes sense to offer to fill in something else based on the jeopardy he faces vs the benefit of cooperating.

Some thoughts about the trip to Florida BL is said to have taken -question: did he take the keys to the van and her phone ? do we have any evidence of any phone calls or social media posts made by Gabby during this trip?
ETA: punctuation

Last edited:
I don't think immunity typically works at this point in an investigation. Prosecutors typically do not give immunity to a person of interest that may be the main perpetrator of a crime. They generally give it to some ancillary actor in the crime in order to convict the main perpetrator. Also, I think it only works in the courtroom when a witness is on the stand. Although negotiations between LE and suspects/witnesses certainly happen.
Understood. But where there's a will, there's a way. I have no doubt that something approximating immunity could be attained today.

Understood. But where there's a will, there's a way. I have no doubt that something approximating immunity could be attained today.

I'm confused. You think the police should offer the person they believe to be the sole perpertrator of a disappearance/potential murder immunity from prosecution?!?!

Concerned parents in North Port, Fla., are set Friday to protest outside of the home of Brian Laundrie – the person of interest in Gabby Petito’s disappearance – urging him to speak out and cooperate with investigators.

The demonstration planned for 5 p.m. local time comes as the family of the missing 22-year-old has made repeated pleas for Laundrie to reveal more information.

“We’re all trying to find the answer and the only person who knows it is sitting over in their house,” Gabby Petito’s father, Joe, said on “Hannity” Thursday night. “You can’t have a more frustrating situation… Look where we are. Everyone’s sitting here trying to bring Gabby home and the only one who doesn’t care is the one who’s supposed to care about her the most.”

Image-from-iOS-7.jpg

Gabby Petito disappearance: Brian Laundrie home in Florida will be site of another protest Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member