Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time posting here... I'm not entirely caught up with the thread, but just wanted to say that I, like many of the other women here, have survived abusive partners. We've had guys hit us, grab us, verbally provoke us to the point of emotional breakdown or outburst, drive at unsafe speeds with us as passenger, and I personally have had a guy leave me on the side of the road to scare me that I was abandoned in the middle of somewhere very unsafe and then circle back to get me after I had been thoroughly unhinged by being left. Abuse comes in many forms, from subtle to gross, and it doesn't always look the way you think. Those who are suggesting some of us are projecting past experiences onto BL's behavior may need to actually listen a bit more carefully to those of us who have survived relationships with men who are capable of terrible things. We see things you don't because our experiences have created a heightened awareness of certain behaviors that raise huge red flags. BL's behavior raises a whole lot of red flags. It is plain as day to many of us. Those of us who are here commenting are the lucky ones because we lived to see another day. GP may not be so lucky to be able to tell her story one day, and there is one person who knows what happened, and he is showing a pathological lack of empathy by remaining silent. Look how much pain his silence is causing GP's loved ones, that in itself is abuse, it doesn't matter if it is his constitutional right, it is inhumane and unconscionable.

Thank you. And welcome to WS.

I just find this whole ordering food thing interesting. For a woman who is, on the one hand, an aspiring YT'er/VanLifer living the utmost of independent lives yet on the other hand, getting food ordered by her dad thousands of miles away .... I can only imagine - and this is totally MO - that there is a huge conflict with her. She wants the independent adult life, yet has many fears about it. Bless her heart, she must have been really struggling lately.

I don’t find this strange at all. I’ve been on both sides of this. I’m also a very independent young woman who has a very good relationship with her parents. When I’m far away from them they still like to send me little gifts or do small favors for me to show their support and love. Even if I could technically afford to buy myself a pizza, it’s nice to have someone do it for you as an act of kindness. I’ve also done this for long-distance friends. Like if I hear they’re sick, I’ll postmates some soup and Gatorade to them or something. Could they do it themselves? Sure, but I want to make them happy and let them know I’m thinking of them. My boyfriend will also sometimes postmates me my favorite food when he’s out of town for army stuff, just as a little way to make my day better from afar.

To me this in no way indicates she can’t provide for herself, or doesn’t feel comfortable being independent or is confused about what she wants in any way. Plus her dad straight up says he ordered it because she was having trouble with her connection. Maybe she was trying to order it herself but couldn’t for some reason, so he did it for her.

First, why couldn’t police bring BL’s parents in to talk with. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think they can claim their conversations with their son are priviledged. He is an adult and they are not his priest or doctor or lawyer. They may not talk but maybe it would put some pressure on them.
Secondly, and it’s been talked about before, why can’t they arrest BL for stealing her van? They sure can’t confirm she let him borrow it since she’s missing. Again maybe just put some pressure on him.
This whole case is crazy. Where the heck is it headed? Has BL found a safe little corner in the legal universe to dwell in the rest of his life? I hope not.

I think it falls under parent child privilege. They can't even bring Brian in for questioning against his will at this point.

“Obviously, me and my family want Gabby to be found safe,” Cassie Laundrie, Brian Laundrie’s sister, told ABC’s “Good Morning America” in a clip. “She’s like a sister and my children love her, and all I want is for her to come home safe and found and this to be just a big misunderstanding.”

Gabby’s father Joe Petito told NewsNation’s Ashleigh Banfield that the remarks “made a lot of sense.”

“If that’s that family’s version of love, to just ignore and not care that someone’s gone,” Joe Petito said, “and people are looking for them and entire countries looking for them, I mean, that explains how we got to where we are today. Because I mean, look at their version of what they call love.”
Gabby Petito’s father responds to comment from Brian Laundrie’s sister | WREG.com

Gabby's father said that he ordered Domino's pizza for his daughter because she was having connection issues to order food. He said they face timed and he helped her with some technical issus she was having with her social media site Nomadic Statik (I think that is what it is called). He said that no red flags stood out for him during the face time with Gabby.

It sounds like she was busy organizing her social media pages while at the hotel and the father said that he routinely helped out with food, money that Gabby might need, although she didn't ask him for it, he just wanted to help out.

I am sure they interviewed the Domino pizza delivery person to find out who answered the hotel room door when the pizza arrived, and if they saw anyone else there besides Gabby. The father said he didn't use uber eats, he just used the Domino app that he has on his phone and sent the pizza locally to his daughter.

From the podcast by Nancy Grace "Van-Life Girl's "Boyfriend" Named Person of Interest" where she interviews Joseph Petito, Gabby's father.

Depending on the hotel, some places have the delivery guy leave the pizza at front desk rather than letting them go directly to the guest rooms.

Not that it changes anything, just a thought I had when reading your reply, having just looked at the kind of hotel it is (as in, not motel-style, where the room doors directly open out onto the outside world!)

Last edited:
First, why couldn’t police bring BL’s parents in to talk with. Maybe I’m wrong but I don’t think they can claim their conversations with their son are priviledged. He is an adult and they are not his priest or doctor or lawyer. They may not talk but maybe it would put some pressure on them.
Secondly, and it’s been talked about before, why can’t they arrest BL for stealing her van? They sure can’t confirm she let him borrow it since she’s missing. Again maybe just put some pressure on him.
This whole case is crazy. Where the heck is it headed? Has BL found a safe little corner in the legal universe to dwell in the rest of his life? I hope not.
In our country, no one can be required to be interrogated by police without just cause and a warrant. The police can't walk up to you on the street and demand to see your ID, or require you to answer questions about, say, a crime that occurred down the block while you were in the vicinity. They can't enter your home to question you. They can't somehow pull you out of your home to respond to questioning. You have the right to not be interrogated or harassed by the police. Please read the Constitution and Bill of Rights. This is utterly key to our way of life and our justice system.

Maybe this is what happened to Gabby in some way during another heated argument.
I'm leaning toward he abandoned her. He drove off & left her somewhere. Went back for her or not, but never saw her again. Then he panicked, drove all the way home. Is it something any of us would have done? Doubtful. But maybe he did.

All NP entrances have a checkpoint/shack, though they are not staffed 24H per day. The West Yellowstone entrance is the only entrance that I know of that has a web cam. You can view it from the YNP website.
Next question - Do we know if it is a webcam that records? Or just streams a live feed. For instance, traffic cams in CT just stream a live feed, there isn't a backup recording or anything that can be checked later.

Police don't yet suspect a crime in the mysterious disappearance of Gabby Petito, and authorities aren't focused on bringing in her boyfriend for questioning, the chief of the Florida police department investigating the case said Thursday.

North Port Police Chief Todd Garrison told reporters during a press conference that, "Right now, it's a missing person case" and that there is no suspected criminality "at this time."

Florida police say they don't suspect a crime in Gabby Petito's disappearance yet and can't bring her boyfriend in for questioning

ETA: This tells me the cell phone was not in her Van. poor gabby.
IMO
Nicolette Perdomo
@NickiPerdomo

·
51m
#NorthPort PD tell us they still do not know where #GabbyPetito’s phone is — that is one thing they are searching for.
H0YjerzkCFMDjSDk.jpg

Gabby wasn’t reported missing until two weeks after she was last seen in Salt Lake City. The one man who might know where she is, isn’t talking. Former Salt Lake Co. Sheriff and Moab Police Chief Jim Winder says Laundrie looks “guilty as hell.”

Laundrie is within his legal rights to stay quiet, but Winder says it “poses a problem of significance for law enforcement.” He says they will be in a tough situation if Laundrie continues to stay quiet.

Retired Unified Police deputy chief Chris Bertram says he believes the national attention on the case will help investigators make up for lost time.
Utah Law Enforcement Believes Finding Gabby Petito Will Be ‘Difficult’ Without Boyfriend’s Help

“Obviously me and my family want Gabby to be found safe,” Cassie said in the interview.

Obviously seems like a very dismissive term to me. As if "I'm saying this to keep you happy, but not because I am really convinced of it"

And it doesn't reassure me that her family wants GP found safe for the same reason that I want her found safe.

It's as if her family wants her found safe to get everyone off their back, and we want her safe because she is wronged person, a daughter, and a friend who is in great danger.

I don't get much sincerity out of her comment at all. I wonder what on earth BL told them that leaves them so cold and dispassionate about a potential sister-in-law

She's just saying that they all want her safe, even though she is not with her family standing next to BL in a united front. She's distancing herself but felt obligated to speak about it where her other family members can't or won't.

I'm not concerned as to the reasoning, I probably should have left that bit out, but he lives at Vero beach and he paid for some food to be sent to Gabby when she was alone in the hotel. I'm not entirely sure about the details regarding whether he knew Brian was away.

My point is more that Gabby's dad was nearby, so why pay for a plane ticket for Brian to return home to Florida and a hotel room for Gabby for several nights?

Also, Brian and his dad moved Gabby and Brian's stuff out of a storage unit because Brian's dad said they could store their stuff in Brian's parents house. But B and G were living at his parents's house, so they moved stuff out of that house to a storage unit and then back to the house.

It could be Brian's dad decluttered and made more space, but I believe they didn't have masses of travelling time left and it all just sounds a bit unnecessary.

Would Brian have gone home for some other reason? I'm assuming LE will be checking all this. I'll be interested to see what they make of this.

I think he came home no intention of going back!

I find that odd, too. You'd think there would be any number of ways to jog the memory or just evidence to nail down a day.

It could be that some people saw them on the 25th, others on the 26th, and the reporter, assuming all sightings were on the same day, is causing the confusion by asking them “Are you sure it couldn’t have been the 25th?” and them replying “I mean, it could have been, I guess?”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member