Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
for sure staying silent is wise, not at all helpful but i think in the end he is worried about himself more than her. he would incriminate himself, deflect, distract, make excuses, discuss her issues....everything he did at the traffic stop,only this time magnified with not so gentle detectives.

I would bet my left arm that the only reason this guy has stayed silent is because mom and dad told him to.

T
She posted a new TikTok and clarified some info. This was updated in the MSM article as well. She said the exact time of pickup was 5:44pm and this is proven by a text message to her mother. She said he did not pull a phone out at any time during the drive/interaction. She also said she is in constant contact w/FBI and LE.
Thank you for sharing!

How does this sighting fit in, geography wise with the sighting of the woman store owner who saw them going towards Yellowstone, IIRC?
Also, are there as many black and brown bears in the Jackson Hole area as there are in Yellowstone, Glacier NP, etc?

I don't believe for 1 second that preppy bare foot guy slept out on or under a "tarp". (sorry I feel so strongly about that I had to repeat, lol)

Good heavens, reading between the lines that sounds so awful.

"Ramen, bottled water and donuts" - that bespeaks "little more than, like, $6 for a food run; and we have to stretch it as far as possible."

I am assuming that Ramen is like 5/$0.99; the water bottle is whatever the cheapest water cost; and the donuts are plain cake $0.99-1.99/dozen. At best, they are glazed with chocolate or white sugar.

I mean, I know they are young lean people; but that sounds so scanty a bill of fare...! Plus, it was probably supposed to stretch for multiple meals.

That was my first thought too - they were broke. Gabby told the cops she is a nutritionist. She worked at an organic juice bar. On her Instagram page the description mentions "veggies". I think she'd have to be broke to eat like this.

Gabby Petito's godmother calls out fiancé Brian Laundrie for silence on the case: 'It's reprehensible'

Gabby Petito’s godmother, Flora Rocco, joined other family members in calling for answers on her disappearance on Friday and called the silence from her fiancé Brian Laundrie reprehensible.

Rocco, who lives in South Carolina, told "The Faulkner Focus" that the couple visited her frequently when they traveled. The last time she saw them was in early June.

When asked if Petito and Laundrie were in love, Rocco said, "I would say so."

"From what I saw, yeah, they had a great relationship," she said. "And that's the weird thing. That's the mystery. And that's another reason that it's very infuriating that Brian is not talking."

Rocco explained the family dynamic, noting that Gabby’s mother and stepfather communicated with Laundrie’s parents but not often.

"There wasn’t any sort of closeness," she said.

"He offered to pay us like, $200 to give him a ride like 10 miles. So, that was kind of weird."
Now, we're getting down to business.

Might be he was willing to pay out 200 bucks to get possible witnesses out of the area. After he got out of their car, he apparently doubled back, grabbed the van and hit the road. Very interesting...
My first thought too, was he wanted them to remember him, give him an alibi

Gabby Petito's boyfriend Brian Laundrie: why he isn't talking

Additional lawyers and legal experts discuss their take on BL staying silent
That's interesting. I was watching Court TV last night and Vinnie Politan nearly blew a gasket when his panel of attorneys said basically the same thing. What about compassion for GP's family? I can understand his not speaking to LE but his refusal to speak to GP's family has no excuse.

In your link, the example given by one of the attorneys as to why BL should remain silent is precisely why BL should have contacted LE immediately: She could have accidentally fallen to her death and Laundrie feared he’d be blamed for it.

If that is what happened, after so much time has elapsed, nobody on a jury is going to believe it was an accident. JMO

Because he’s not a criminal mastermind.

He’s a scared kid who would have immediately thought “quick, mention my dead fiancé waiting for me at the van so they don’t think I killed her.”

Guilty people, especially young inexperienced ones, are incredibly easy to manipulate. The woman who picked Brian up suspects nothing but because Brian knows what just happened, he’d be freaked out and would mention it “just in case”.

I absolutely agree that we have to enter into Brian's lexicon/state of mind, and that he might be paranoid and prone to overexplaining, because he is reacting to what is on his mind.

Thus he's assuming the meanest possible motives to anything innocent anyone asks him; because he's in a panic as to what happened to Gabby.

He has no frame of reference that jibes with someone speaking of innocent things; because he is in fact functioning as a guilty person with a guilty conscience. He's incapable of entering into a mindset where he's for-sure innocent, and nobody suspects anything.

The tik tok user version of events seems pretty credible. This puts an important pin on the map and a time.

I think she indicates he meant he was hiking along the snake river to the north toward Yellowstone and there do seem to be some roads that fork off along the river which you seem to be able to get a van down. That is a long hike.

Edited: man, the person they describe sounds geographically challenged. What if he did leave her for days and when he came back she was gone or dead.

Perhaps this is when Gaby had contact with the "Creepy Guy". While Brian was gone and she was in the van working on her website. When he got back she was gone?

If he just did something to GP why would he even mention her to the couple giving him a ride.

To establish that she was still alive when he left her. I think that was the point of all that. She maybe wasn't still alive at that point, but he wanted people to think she was. At least until he got back to FL and got a lawyer.

You know I wonder if he has been on the run since even before she was reported missing. Has anyone even visually seen the guy since this all broke out in the media? What if his parents are helping by giving him time to get a head start.

would explain the silence. Nothing, nada. Not even the typical “we fought and she took off on foot. Without her vehicle” excuse.
Could be why his sister hasn't talked to him. He's out of the country. MOO
But she says he didn’t LOOK as though he had been hiking for days. I’m confused, too
Doesn't the map that shows where they picked him up indicate showers? MOO

I wonder if he might have left Gabby's phone in the TikToker's Jeep to throw police off his trail. It could have worked for a few hours until it ran out of battery.
No because a text was sent from her phone the following day 8/30 to her mom so someone with knowledge of the situation had her phone at that time.

https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-laundrie-hiking-in-grand-teton-national-park

Just reposting the link because the thread is moving so fast!

Well, that is a whopper!

If that is all true and we believe what BL told the people who picked him up that he was camping for several days alone, that means the last sighting of them together could have possibly been the 8/26, maybe 8/27. Did something happen to her, and BL took off to appear to alibi himself? I am more curious now what the text Gabby's mother received on the 27th said. If BL did send the texts on the 27th and the 30th, that does not give him much time to arrive back to Florida; he would have had to drive straight through and even then wouldn't have arrived until way late on 9/1.

All in all, I am glad so many people are coming forward with information and tips; it is helping even more to firm up the timelines.

He could have left her phone plugged into a battery pack, that few days hike away, with a pre-scheduled WhatsApp message (people do refer to those as texts, although I have seen some people say they can schedule actual texts on their phones.)

What if she had good reason to kick him out of the van? (if that's what happened)

My point was not whether she had a good reason to kick him out; my point was that he is now in Florida with the van, and she is nowhere to be found. Did they each have a set of keys to the van, or does he now have the only set? (We likely cannot know that)-If it is the only set, how did he get them from her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500