Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Hitchhiking to Jackson

I don't think he wanted to go to Jackson, Wyoming. I think he wanted to go to Jackson, IDAHO. Then when 'Jackson Hole' was mentioned, he realized they were going to Jackson, Wyoming. It makes more sense that he would offer $200 for the much longer ride to Idaho than just 10 miles down the road.

I have a hunch that if they find her body it will be in Idaho, not Wyoming.

What a waste of time and money and resources. Such a great turnout for his “search party”

I hope they do find him and he just starts talking. But I know that Won’t happen. Just like I fear Gabby won’t return to her family.
I think they will find him. He can't survive that long on his own. He didn't take a vehicle, as far as I've heard.

He's probably hiding out somewhere, avoiding public places, but sooner or later he will need food and water.

I don't understand why LE didn't get involved in this case earlier. I don't understand why this family didn't inform LE that Brian wasn't at their home since Tuesday. At this point, besides Brian being a person of interest, his family is involved in keeping information from LE and Gabby's parents from seeing the light, possibly delaying finding him. (how is this not a crime?) Did they help him escape?

I am not so quick to accuse BL of a crime. All I know so far is that on 8/12 they had an argument. I think his actions were what most people his age would be when confronted by cops. He was probably scared and nervous. As for his demeanor in relation to GP, I would not speculate. On 8/25 GP's mother spoke to her and saw her on facetime. As for any witness statements, I would hold off for more substantial evidence. Who really knows. He may have done something to her. She was obviously worried on the 12th about him taking off and leaving her stranded. I have lived too long to jump to conclusions. I find myself having a harder and harder time reading young people. Their whole generation aspire to be social media super stars. I have told my kids for years, to pay little attention to Facebook and things of that nature. People only present the best parts of their lives, or blatantly dishonest portrayals of their lives. I would venture a guess that these two were not much different. I believe LE will get to the bottom of it. It's not really gone cold yet. If he is responsible, they will get him. The closer they get to his path from there to home, the narrower the field of search becomes. I doubt he has skipped the country.
Bringing these posts over from the Media - No discussion thread
Please discuss here

I am a bit incensed to see all of the searchers descend on a location to search for Brian and they have no idea where to search for Gabby! I hope they find him alive and I am NOT impressed with the way he or his family/representatives have handled this. Gabby deserves so much more and so do her loved ones!
I do believe they are also searching for Gabby. Yesterday for sure. I see no reason why they’d have stopped on a weekend. It’s getting colder there.

I got permission to post the map that someone has put together matching GP’s hiking app history, the known facts we have about the crucial last days of August and the potential hitchhiking interaction.

The person who made it said I can share but asked me to share their theory elaborating on the showers and van too, which I’ll do a bit later once I’ve edited it and knocked it into the kind of shape that fits the rules over here!
I believe the 8/31 "text" should be 8/30. I like the map, thanks for sharing it!

I think it’s telling/important to remember that it was the attorney who contacted the police to report him missing. Clearly he was concerned about something enough that he contacted them.

I think the parents helped BL disappear before Gabby’s parents ever knew she was gone. I think they know exactly where he is. I believe they misled their attorney about his location, who in turn misled police. I think yesterday they either confessed to the attorney he was gone, or accidentally let it skip and the attorney made them tell the cops.

I think he has been gone “since Tuesday” but they never said which Tuesday. It was probably the 7th, but conveniently let everyone think it was the 14th.

I am a bit incensed to see all of the searchers descend on a location to search for Brian and they have no idea where to search for Gabby! I hope they find him alive and I am NOT impressed with the way he or his family/representatives have handled this. Gabby deserves so much more and so do her loved ones!

It really is outrageous. On the other hand, they see him as the vehicle to finding her.imo

I can't see BL flying back with a handgun. The carry laws are not consistent, local, state, federal park lands. Concealed, open carry, etc. Some states and localities require specific permits that are not just available online or on demand in person.
If he had a gun and a permit in Florida, he would have been able to carry in both Idaho and Wyoming. Not sure what other states they visited, but a Florida permit allows carry in 37 other states. It would just be a matter of following the laws in those states.

SEP 18, 2021
Live Updates: Gabby Petito's Fiancé Brian Laundrie Is Also Missing, According to His Attorney

A 20-minute Facebook Live taken outside Brian Laundrie's home captures neighbors speaking about how some people have reportedly spotted a young man coming through the woods behind the house.

At one point in the live stream, two people approached the woman filming to tell her they were driving in the area and saw someone running on the street behind Laundrie's home.

"We've been driving around here and saw this guy. We don't know for sure it was him, but it looks exactly like him," one woman said, showing a picture of the man.

The man pictured is wearing a brown T-Shirt, sunglasses, and sweatpants. He appears to be wearing headphones and is looking down. It is unclear whether this man is Laundrie.

[...]

How can they legally even touch him if they find him? What has changed (with his legal status) since Gabby was declared missing on Sept 11?
Depends upon what his parents told LE. For instance, maybe they said that he's suicidal. Could also depend on where they find him. He could be arrested for breaking into someone's home, for instance.
Things aren't looking good for Gabby at this point, but I can hope for a miracle.

Past time for BL to come clean with what he knows or what he has done. This is affecting so many people, ie Family, Friends, LE, Searchers, etc.

#FindGabbyPetito
The only positive possibility I can think of is that see is being held captive somewhere and he left access to food and water. And she's safely out of the elements. But, that kind of thing would take planning and he would obviously need to get back to her within a timeframe. It's not likely I'm afraid. Where's Gabby?

Their 'losing' him also makes them look very bad, so maybe a bit of that involved too. imo.

I got permission to post the map that someone has put together matching GP’s hiking app history, the known facts we have about the crucial last days of August and the potential hitchhiking interaction.

The person who made it said I can share but asked me to share their theory elaborating on the showers and van too, which I’ll do a bit later once I’ve edited it and knocked it into the kind of shape that fits the rules over here!
This map shows a gas station sighting. Has this been confirmed? I hadnt heard about that.

My father suffers from bipolar disorder. He says there’s this thing called hypomania that is a common trait for bipolar disorder.

I reached out to my dad because I thought it was interesting that the cop asked Brian “are you always this hyper?” He definitely seems to be a bit bipolar, which would explain a lot to me. Maybe he’s aware of it, maybe he’s undiagnosed, I don’t know.

I’m not trying to diagnose him, and I obviously don’t think being bipolar makes you a bad person. But when left untreated and when you cram yourself into a van with someone else, all of these things come out eventually. Take it from me, I’m currently on month 7 of living in a van with my partner.
I don’t like to diagnose people off limited information. All I’ll say is that episodes of mania within bipolar disorder can be triggered by travel and loss of routine. That is all.

Her friend rose mentioned in her interview that GP told her BL had “episodes” of not sleeping and hearing voices.

IMPORTANT: Bipolar disorder or mania *DO NOT CAUSE MURDER*

I work in psychiatric research.

If it turns out he was suffering from mania or some sort of psychosis, it would be very harmful to blame his behavior on that. It can cause breaks from reality but does NOT CAUSE VIOLENCE. It could create problems in close quarters in a relationship living in a van. In fact, mentally ill people are less likely to be violent than mentally healthy people. They’re more likely to be unable to operate in normal society, but are not inherently more violent. But that is a myth we need to be sure to be careful to avoid. It can help explain behavior but not blame behavior on it.

Also be careful of “diagnosing” people off limited information. That should be left up to doctors, who evaluate him in person, or experts at a trial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members