Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have also been autocorrect on the phone....

MOO

Try it on your phone - if you type a capital "Y" you get lots of suggestions - but a person really needs to type the first three letters to get YOSemite vs. YELlowstone (and if you type YEL you'll get...yellow before you get Yellowstone).

I don't buy this as an auto-correct situation. I'm active on TripAdvisor and people confuse the two parks ALL the time. They want to fly to California for a 5 day trip and "see Yellowstone."

I've been in Yosemite recently, and heard a couple asking the ranger about the geysers. Yup. They are both amazing parks, both are on everyone's bucket list, apparently, and they are definitely confused.

What's interesting to me about this couple's supposed trip into Idaho/Snake River area is that it was and is getting fairly nippy overnight...not a good time to just sleep out on a tarp (but possible - it would be uncomfortable in just a T-shirt and shorts on top of a tarp, at 40•. IMO. One night, maybe, but you'd need quite a few calories so that your body could use all its mechanisms to keep you warm enough. Even at 45•.

I'm new here and created an account so I can share my thoughts on Brian. Both he and Gabby seem like genuinely kind and good people. I'm especially focused on Brian right now because I feel very attuned to his energy and how he lives his life.

Brian seems gentle and grounded. He loves camping, painting and reading. He was sad to leave the plants at his parents' homes and told them they're his best friends. He was happy to bring some small succulents with them in their van. He does yoga and is handy with tools. He did considerable work preparing the van for their travels.

The comments about him here and especially on social media are disheartening. I've read everything you've read and understand things aren't looking good for Brian, but my heart is breaking for both of them.

Brian left his parents' home for one of two reason: It was made known to them the police were going to obtain a search or an arrest warrant, based on evidence that hasn't been disclosed to the public yet; or Brian was needing the comfort of what he loves the most: the trees and plants, fresh air and open space. To see all of those law enforcement officers pursing him in a search is terrifying. It just seems so contrary to who he is and how he thinks and sees the world around him.

The couple that picked up Brian when he was hitching a ride presumably back to Gabby and the van, didn't mention bruises or bloodied knuckles. That's because there wasn't anything to note about his physical appearance, other than his clothing. She did say it was odd how clean he was, but I've done extensive backpacking and never looked muddy. My gear was always clean and tidy, and I didn't smell. Also, Brian loves going barefoot, and he loves minimalism. As an experienced camper, it makes sense to me that he'd only bring a tarp and nothing hefty for a few days of camping along a river. This isn't at all a concern for me.

As for his confusion about the direction they were heading, he's not from that area. I think he got north and south mixed up and didn't realize Jackson Hole was in the wrong direction. He was experiencing some stress from whatever it was that happened that had him doing a solo trip away from Gabby for a few days. They were still telling people they're engaged, and the police introduced the idea of spending some time apart, and that's what he was doing. It's possible there's nothing of interest with any of this sighting other than the date for the sake of the timeline and his location.

The police camera footage did not leave me feeling as if Brian was cocky, as so many people have said. His body language was reflective of his personality. He's quiet and gentle in his mannerisms, shy and uncomfortable around people. He was shaking and scared. Gabby was experiencing a full breakdown from her anxiety. I suffer from anxiety and that's exactly how it can be. She was asked what she does for a living, and she said she's a nutritionist. She hesitated, probably because she was looking for something to describe her lifestyle and goals. I doubt she's a certified nutritionist. Her friend Rose said Gabby was working at Taco Bell last year and then a smoothie place. Taco Bell really surprised me. It's completely at odds with what she portrays on her social media accounts and in the video.

All this tells me is that Gabby is young and finding herself. It's not that she was being dishonest; it's more that 'nutritionist' is what made the most sense to her. It characterized maybe her goals and also her lifestyle. She also said they don't drink, but she met Rose at a bar once. I tend to say I don't drink, but a few times a year I'll buy a bottle of wine. So I don't feel she was being dishonest with this either. It's again more of a response that speaks to the overall picture of who she feels she is and how they're living their lives.

Brian has been described as controlling. I have a lot to say about that and feel I'm understanding him and what motivates the decisions he makes. But for now I'd just like to bring some compassion and concern to this young man, who I think is frequently misunderstood. Regardless of the outcome of this case, I am genuinely heartbroken for both Gabby and Brian. He just doesn't resonate with me as someone who harmed Gabby. Please note that I didn't say or imply he's incapable of harming her. I think we are all capable of doing something sudden and unexpected.

But what I'm sensing here is something very dark that is turning against Brian and strengthening. I think his silence was his only hope of protection, and his legal right, and it seems it's all beginning to fall apart. I am praying for Gabby's safe return, and I'm also praying for Brian. Thank you for reading this.
I pretty much feel the same way. I jumped off of the fence last night after reading the Daily Mail article about her friend describing controlling type behaviors (sorry I can't find the link as this story is moving faster than a roller coaster and has just as many twists and turns). I have climbed back up on the fence as my gut is really telling me there is SO MUCH MORE to this story than meets the eye. My heart continues to break for her family. The not knowing where your child is must be gut wrenching.

I have no doubt it was an emotionally abusive relationship because GP blamed herself for everything. That's a huge red flag, imo.

Toxic narcissists never take responsibility for their actions. They gaslight as a form of maintaining control. I doubt GP has ever been diagnosed with OCD by anyone other than BL. JMO

That's what I saw too. Both parties saying it was all the fault of one of them just isn't natural.

Adding
Thanks

Here is another add to the timeline:

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the Dyrt website, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

From reading the article Miranda Baker posted and that has been reported on in MSM, she notes picking him up hitchhiking about 5:30 pm on 8/29 near Coulter Bay in Grand Teton NP (most likely on Highway 287, although she doesn't specify)

5:30 pm on 8/29 is cutting it close to make a drive of 2300 miles back to FL to arrive "on 9/1". Of course, we have no idea when he actually did arrive in FL.
You are right, we don't. I'm actually scouring the older stuff to try to see where the 01 September arrival date "came from," or at least who suggested it, when, and under what pretenses. Wondering whether it's just circular reporting.

I think what Gabby's friend said is closer to the truth, and it was Brian who was the abusive one in the relationship.

I do think it's possible that the fighting escalated during their trip and Brian lost control, killing her in a fit of rage.

In that police video, Gabby showed many signs of being a victim of long term abuse. I think she was terrified.

IMO
Makes good sense to me -- he was in a panic; he waited till dark, put her in her gown or pajamas, and then tossed her down a ravine or somewhere her body wouldn't be found easily or possibly ever.

I disagree. In this situation the last thing BL's family wants to do is call the cops. They are trying to avoid contact and involvement with the police. I think it's very likely that they would wait as long as they possibly could after they'd last seen him, hoping he would turn up somewhere, so they wouldn't have to get LE involved.
In any other situation I'd agree, but in this one, with this family, I don't trust them at all. <modsnip> If BL were in any danger, they would have called. BL matters to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't think BL is anywhere near that area. I think his family is buying him time to get away. If he were truly "missing" and they were worried about him, they'd have reported him the next day. They know exactly where he is.
Did they say how long he was planning on being in the park?

If BL has been ‘missing’ since Tuesday, why didn’t his parents report it sooner..

With the new info about the car being ‘found’ there and collected by the parents I’m starting to feel like they were giving him the opportunity to run. It feels a lot more like he was being given the opportunity by them to get away - maybe he was collected from there by someone and that’s why they had to go ‘find’ and collect the car…

You are right, we don't. I'm actually scouring the older stuff to try to see where the 01 September arrival date "came from," or at least who suggested it, when, and under what pretenses. Wondering whether it's just circular reporting.
I know, I tried to find out where that came from and after staying up until the wee hours, gave up. I couldn't find the original source for that info.

Is anyone interviewing neighbors?

In my 'hood, we all know when someone's kid is home from college, when their gf/bf is sleeping over, when someone's housekeeper is there (or supposed to be there), when someone is on vacation, when they got new furniture delivered, when they had a plumbing problem, are getting their bathroom remodeled or building a new deck etc etc. I admit, we are a nosey bunch, but there is some safety / security in that as well. Ha ha! We literally have a group chat and it is not at all uncommon for a text like "Does anyone know whose car that is that's been parked on the street all day?"

Anyway, I just can't imagine living on that block and not knowing at least something about BL whereabouts the last few weeks or someone seeing him home in August when he (maybe?) was home, etc. to confirm whether he's even been there at all.
Brian Entin was in the backyard of the neighbor behind the Laundrie house a short time ago today. Spoiler: The neighbor does not know BL.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439323513572134914?s=21

According to Petito's best friend, while Laundrie presents himself as a sweet and caring guy, he is actually jealous and controlling.
In an exclusive interview with DailyMail.com, Rose Davis said Laundrie allegedly went so far as to hide Gabby's ID once so that she couldn't meet up with her at a bar, trigging a violent episode similar to the one police investigated weeks before her disappearance.
'Brian took her ID just so she wouldn't be able to come out with me,' she told DailyMail.com on Friday.
'He's got these jealousy issues and he struggles from what Gabby called these 'episodes,' where he would hear things and hear voices and wouldn't sleep.
Wasn't Gabby going to meet up with a friend around the time she went missing?

I disagree. In this situation the last thing BL's family wants to do is call the cops. They are trying to avoid contact and involvement with the police. I think it's very likely that they would wait as long as they possibly could after they'd last seen him, hoping he would turn up somewhere, so they wouldn't have to get LE involved.
100% agree. IMO, they think he is dead and that's why they called.

Try it on your phone - if you type a capital "Y" you get lots of suggestions - but a person really needs to type the first three letters to get YOSemite vs. YELlowstone (and if you type YEL you'll get...yellow before you get Yellowstone).

I don't buy this as an auto-correct situation. I'm active on TripAdvisor and people confuse the two parks ALL the time. They want to fly to California for a 5 day trip and "see Yellowstone."

I've been in Yosemite recently, and heard a couple asking the ranger about the geysers. Yup. They are both amazing parks, both are on everyone's bucket list, apparently, and they are definitely confused.

What's interesting to me about this couple's supposed trip into Idaho/Snake River area is that it was and is getting fairly nippy overnight...not a good time to just sleep out on a tarp (but possible - it would be uncomfortable in just a T-shirt and shorts on top of a tarp, at 40•. IMO. One night, maybe, but you'd need quite a few calories so that your body could use all its mechanisms to keep you warm enough. Even at 45•.
making tarp shelters is another of the youtube community trends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member