Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal to not classify something like this as a criminal investigation, at this late stage in a missing persons case? Genuine question.... Does it only become a criminal investigation if they find direct evidence of a crime? Until then, just stays a missing persons case? When can they admit probability of foul play?

Or does LE have reason to believe this is *not* a criminal case? Because they keep emphasizing it is not a criminal investigation.
I've seen this behavior a bunch of times. Law enforcement will publicly claim that an investigation is not criminal, while their actions strongly indicate otherwise.

Think about this:

A "person of interest," is a phrase used in criminal investigations.

They are using that here, while saying it's not a criminal investigation at this point.

That doesn't work.

I think you are on track for the most part. There’s a previous history of domestic violence between the GP and BL but notes Gabby as the aggressor on more than one occasion. Whether that’s true or not only those 2 know between them. Their YouTube channel has references to him being OCD as well so I think put together they were a powder keg waiting to go off. At this point I think the most likely scenario was they had a fight and she may have been non intentionally injured to the point she died because of it and he panicked, dumped her and left. I hate saying that but it seems the most likely scenario due to their history and ages. The flying back to Florida mid trip is really questionable though, the bit about the storage unit… He also very well could have put her anywhere along the route back to Florida from Wyoming. Hope they are checking roads with toll pay/cameras as well.
I think what Gabby's friend said is closer to the truth, and it was Brian who was the abusive one in the relationship.

I do think it's possible that the fighting escalated during their trip and Brian lost control, killing her in a fit of rage.

In that police video, Gabby showed many signs of being a victim of long term abuse. I think she was terrified.

IMO

I'm going to talk "outloud" and theorize for now.

GP has an "accident" (that's just what I'm calling it) and BL panics and drives x-country home in the van.
9/1 - His parents ask him what happened and he says they broke up and she decided to continue on without him. They knew they were already having problems since he had come home the week in August to take a break and move her stuff into storage.
9/9-9/10 - They do not know GP is missing until they are alerted by GP's family. They are not going to answer the phone until they get the correct story from their son first. He says he left her alive and well but everyone is going to think he had something to do with it. They hire an attorney and are advised not to speak to anybody.
9/11 - GP is reported missing.
9/11-9/13 BL is panicking
9/13?-9/14 Tells his parents he is going to take a hike to get his thoughts together. He drives to the preserve.
9/14 - BL does not arrive home. They drive to preserve and find his car but not him. They drive his car home forcing him to call when he wants to come home (In their minds).
9/14-9/17 BL does not come home.
9/17 BLs parents call the police to report his missing.

pure speculation on my part but I tend to believe that there is no deliberate coverup by the parents and I can see, being a parents myself, to want to protect and believe my child. If my lawyer told me to remain silent, I'm going to remain silent.

It is easy to forget that she has only been officially reported missing for a week; it seems a lot longer than that and he appears to have been "missing" for most of that time.

If she really had an accident then you wouldn't abandon her, you would go get help.

I think what Gabby's friend said is closer to the truth, and it was Brian who was the abusive one in the relationship.

I do think it's possible that the fighting escalated during their trip and Brian lost control, killing her in a fit of rage.

In that police video, Gabby showed many signs of being a victim of long term abuse. I think she was terrified.

IMO
what if neither by definition abusive and they just a young couple that had some arguments?

@gitana1
I can’t help but think that if Gabby had been arrested for DV, she would not be missing.

Or, something good could happen when a person is let go.
Or something bad could happen to a person in jail.
Anything can happen to a person once police let them go.
They could get in a car accident, or fall and hit their head.
And then we could all say, "If he'd been arrested, he wouldn't have hit his head."

IMO

I agree with this. I didn’t even watch the full video and I immediately saw her as a victim in a bad relationship and him as being narcissistic due to both of their behaviors and body language in the parts of the video I saw.

The biggest red flag to me is why he would fly home and then back? Does that not seem very suspicious. As if something else was going on prior.

Exactly. Just say enough, quit the vacation and either drive home or one if them fly home and one of them drive home. Or sell the van out there and get the greyhound back.
Why BL had to fly back from FL to UT is weird.

Also, why did Gabby have to stay in the hotel for 6 days? That's a long time without seeing or doing anything.
If things were bad, and it seems like they were, why couldn't she go just home? Jack it in, call it a day with the relationship and everything. Doing so may have saved her life.

When was this Mustang last seen at the Laundrie's house? Was it on Monday/Tuesday? Do we know he ACTUALLY went "missing" on Tuesday? Because at this point, I cannot believe a single word uttered from these people.
It was in the driveway last night when they called LE to “help” them - I saw live as did many of us who watched the protestors and LE (who looked in the front of the vehicle and the trunk) - no idea about Mon- Thurs but I’m betting someone does ….now
JMO

So, perhaps a crime in WY or elsewhere. Wherever they think a crime toward Gabby may have happened.
Just what I thought when reading. LE is very sly and intentionally cryptic to the right people.

*I met my husband 49 years ago. He told me about Jackson Hole, WY on our first date and he hasn’t stopped talking about it since. His folks pulled him out of school and drove him there every year since he was eight years old to go deer hunting for two weeks. He has a huge photograph of it in his garage wall. I’ve poured through thousands of old Polaroids of the beautiful country over these past years. This whole situation is very surreal.

Last edited:
But it is about him. Because if he is not found, then Gabby will not be found. Cold case.

That’s like ignoring a missing serial killer just because it’s “not about the killer”. Well…unfortunately, yes it is.
I disagree. Even if BL is not found, I think Gabby will be found quickly. I think that BL was impulsive and lacked the knowledge and resources to hide a body where it could not be located. JMO

The last trace of Robert Lowery, a traveler from Texas, was a ping from his cellphone in Jackson on Aug. 23, police told the Jackson Hole News & Guide.

The 46-year-old was seen on video from Aug. 19 at a restaurant at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Teton Village, and may have taken a ride in a Lyft the following day.

Lowery had never been to the area before, his sister, Leigh Lowery, told the paper, and had recently gotten a sleeping bag and a tent, but had no camping experience.

Before Lowery left his home in Houston, he canceled his mail, Jackson sheriff’s Deputy Chad Sachse told the paper.

In the third case, Cian McLaughlin, 27, was last seen June 8 hiking in the park by a local resident without a backpack. He was reported missing four days later.
Gabby Petito one of three people missing near Grand Teton Park this summer

Is it a stretch to think there may be a connection here? What was the date that BL hitched a ride to Jackson and got agitated when they mentioned Jackson hole?

I could go a bunch of different directions with this. I'd need more information to feel confident about any scenario.

The amount of resources they have dedicated to searching that area, tells me that they probably have good reason to believe he is in fact there.

My hope is that he's just hiding out, and isn't sure what his next move is.

Have they searched the place where he is with his nephew in a picture in instagram?

When was this Mustang last seen at the Laundrie's house? Was it on Monday/Tuesday? Do we know he ACTUALLY went "missing" on Tuesday? Because at this point, I cannot believe a single word uttered from these people.

Last night, after the cops came out of the house and looked briefly inside the mustang, you could hear a reporter's conversation: "Can you verify that car belongs to the Laundries?" and the answer from a female reporter was, something like, "it was here yesterday and the day before. It's been here since I have been reporting from the house".

You didn't watch the video. The last half of the video was all about the two of them only having to separate for the night and then BL could go waive the order for her to stay away from him and then go pick her up from jail and then go on with their hike. and of course come back for the court date.

Yep. LE discussed amongst themselves in great detail how the DV charges were defined & what the law was & how it all worked, as well as their own choices in how to proceed. They also told Brian in great detail what his own choices were & how it all worked. All of it was made entirely clear on the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley