Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!! Can someone bump a timeline for ne? I think I'm caught up but I feel as though I'm missing something!
Thanks.

I put this together from reading many comments last week. I have not included the hitchhiking info as it just does not make sense to me at this time - esp. regarding the location of the van.

Timeline of Gabrielle Petito’s disappearance

2 July, 2021: Gabrielle Petito and her fiance, Brian Laundrie, leave New York on a cross-country trip in a camper van.

5 July, 2021: The couple stops at Monument Rocks in Kansas.

26 July, 2021: two reviews added of places they stayed in Virginia and Florida.

29 July, 2021: she or somebody posted a review of BLM 378/Willow Springs Rd in Arches National Park

12 August, 2021: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm, GP and BL were at the Moonflower

12 August, 2021: afternoon, separated by PD. Video 2.

13 August, 2021: Brian's last post on IG of him alone

17 August, 2021: perhaps broke the engagement (he flew home for 5 days?)

17 - 23 August, 2021: Laundrie traveled to Florida by plane

19 August, 2021: video that they are at a campsite outside Capitol Reef National Park.

24 August, 2021: Ms Petito is last seen checking out of a Salt Lake City hotel with Mr Laundrie

25 August, 2021: Ms Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, video chats with her daughter for the last time via phone. Ms Petito reveals she is in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming.

27 Aug 27, 2021: Gabby tells friend via Snapchat they was heading for meet up at Yellowstone National Park and she will call on her birthday, August 29, to solidify the plan.

27 August, 2021: 8:49PM, either GP or BL opened "the dyrt" mobile app, can only be seen via the application's internal API.

29 August, 2021: Missed birthday call with friend to discuss meet up plans at Yellowstone National Park.

30 August, 2021: Ms Schmidt receives a text purportedly from Ms Petito. Ms Smith says she is unsure if the text was actually from her daughter.

1 September, 2021: North Port Police Department said that Gabby's fiance, Brian Laundrie, returned home to Florida ten days before Petito was reported missing by her family.

11 September, 2021: Ms Petito’s parents report her missing.​

Partial timeline from:
Boyfriend returned home 10 days before Gabby Petito was reported missing, police say

MOO LE doesn't give a hoot about what BL's parents want. This has given LE the legal opportunity they were looking for to go after BL with everything they have and they are going full bore at it. You should look at it as a positive event in teh search for GP.

And this is precisely why they keep emphasizing it is a missing persons search. So they are not hindered by restrictions on pursuing POIs

That implies that his parents told the police that he might be armed. If he had just told them he was going for a hike to blow off some steam and didn't return from his hike on time, they would have been afraid he was lost or injured and told police that. But it seems that instead they gave police the impression he would resist.

Source of this detail please?

That is a horrible thought but I think it's possible. I'm sure a capable police department would have checked out the storage facility. But these guys . . . not sure. They seem more concerned with emphasizing that there is no crime, just two missing people. A sense of urgency so far has been missing. Until today, maybe. But for Gabby it's probably too late.
Well, where is there evidence of a crime?
They cannot just push the boundaries of the law without good supporting evidence.

I'm truly enjoying the view that everyone has of Florida. Like panthers and alligators are wandering all over. Been here since '81 and haven't seen one gator out for a stroll, no panthers either. As for mosquitoes that's a whole nother story. Since human encroachment I rarely see a bear or deer or fox the past years. Personally if he's itching to death from mosquitoes and chiggers and sand fleas it's well deserved in my opinion. ;)

Having lived in Florida for many years I'm not sure how you could miss seeing alligators and other animals there. Our local golf course had a gator who lived in the 17th hole water hazard and we all knew, if he was sunning himself on the cart path over the water hazard, skip the hole. The Carlton Reserve regularly has panthers that are hit by cars - 20 this year alone. Nothing unusual. Panthers

Did you see that video summary too? Lots of interesting and probable theories. Also possible that the girl who picked up BL misunderstood “Ashton” for “Jackson”. Then when she said “Jackson HOLE” he freaked out and wanted out.

The sightings along the west side of Yellowstone fit with their itinerary and What GP relayed to her mom on their last video chat, but as far as I have seen, those sightings have not been verified or mentioned by LE or MSM.
The Spread Creek dispersed campground makes a lot of sense as a search area for Gabby:

1. It's listed as one of the camp areas G & B were considering on their Dyrt account (on their "Near Yellowstone" list)

2. Two local men out spotting elk told a reporter they saw a van like Gabby's on August 29 at the Spread Creek campground
"KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.
“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”
What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the [URL='https://thedyrt.com/member/gabrielle-p-10/reviews']Dyrt website
, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them."
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida

3. It's within hiking distance of both Colter Bay (15 mi) and Jackson Dam (10 mi) - 2 places we know Brian was on August 29.

4. Also, when I looked at a map it occurred to me that Brian may have gotten anxious and asked to get out suddenly from the TikTok girl's jeep for a different reason. Driving south from Colter Bay toward Jackson, there's a fork in road near the dam - it appears that the jeep driver took the park road instead of the highway (191). If Brian was trying to get back to the Spread Creek campground where the van was parked, he wanted to go on 191, because that's the road which leads to the turn off to the campground. So as soon as the driver took the right turn on the park road, instead of 191, Brian freaked out and asked to get out. And where was he? The Jackson Dam area.
[/URL]

I can't say for certain, but in the video from the cop's body worn camera, when the cop takes a picture of his hands, the keys are in his right hand, and he puts them in his right pocket, so I'll guess he's right handed.
It wasn't a clear indication of anything in particular, but it's good to know just in case.

Does anyone know if GP and BL were stopped by LE/Park Rangers for speeding or because there was a report of DV? I wonder if the female Park Ranger has been interviewed, she spent the most time talking with GP.

There were witness reports of them arguing outside a café/supermarket in Utah. One of the witnesses called LE.

LE later spotted their car and followed them, where BL was driving and speeding, doing 45mph in a 15mph zone, and moving over the lane and actually hitting a kerb.

They were arguing and alledgedly fighting in the car then.

BL told LE she was crazy and was hitting him and trying to grab the wheel.

There is a whole hour of the police bodycam footage of you search this early bit of this thread....maybe page 3 or something.

I am a scientist and a few years back some environmentalists were in Utah and observed some very unusual and surprising behavior from a badger that buried a cow.
I forgot about it until you mentioned that song and location.

Next time a client comes to me with a big problem I'll be sure to say, "Have you considered calling a badger?"

I don't think people are trying to be "sweet about Brian" I think some people are trying to be more open-minded that not everything is what we think it is, and that it is wholly inappropriate to start diagnosing him. He's made himself the villain and because of that, it seems like a lot of people are throwing in their own diagnoses, opinions, and judgments and using their personal experiences to justify it. It doesn't help Gabby nor is it fair to try and define either of them or their relationship.
100%. I didn't come into this case with any pre-judgement. I watched the youtube video and the bodycam video. Obviously not an ideal relationship but there is a lot of love there that can't be faked. Something happened, probably. Not sure what. She could have gotten lost, she could have left, he could have killed her, she could have had an accident. I'm here in this site to try to make sense of it. But I am not in the place to see him as a monster. If there is evidence that shows that, I'd like to hear it. Right now, the only thing that folks are using against him is that he hasn't talked about what happened. Nor has he told us why he hasn't spoken about it. My take on it is he doesn't know where she is and he is more upset about it than anyone. If you're looking for scenarios that could explain his actions, you could start with she left him. To me, that's as likely as he killed her. I wish we would focus on theories, and not grudges. Surely he's in a tough spot and if it had been me, I would likely be sharing. But he's not me and I don't know his reasons. I think he's scared, and I think he's sad and I don't think he intentionally killed her. And I hold out hope that both of them will be found alive.

There be bears about, but that stretch of road is heavily trafficked and where most of the area's commercial, non-NP facilities & properties are located.
Thanks. I still haven't gotten over that news article someone posted a couple of days ago about the woman getting dragged out of a tent and killed by a grizzly while camped in a town by the Post Office.

It's the "him going home Sept. 1" part that stumps me. He had until Halloween before they were due anywhere. Sure, her family would have started asking questions before that but they said they were used to them going "off the grid". It was the truck being in the driveway (and Brian presumably home) that brought attention to him right away.

That is the only part that makes me think he left her somewhere. Probably thought she would find her way home and wanted to be there when she got back. Though most of me believes he killed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt