Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow predicted in the area where GP search is being conducted

Grand Teton Weather Forecast (4197m)

Thankfully, that's for the mountain, so even the base is a higher elevation than where most of the searches are. (Spread Creek looks like it's closer to 6500 ft.) Snow is possible at the lower elevations, but unlikely. Just a lot of cold cold rain.

Last edited:
But, I believe she is wrong. To me, the timeline could not be more spot-on. Was this right after the girl came forward? Because even last night the NP spokesperson slipped that they had no reason to believe her account was a hoax.

I completely agree. When Gabby's mother originally made this statement, that I'm not certain. The article went up today just before noon (Eastern Time) but yes, I'm with you, the timeline is very spot-on. Unless Gabby's mother has some texts that she's sure are from Gabby that we are not ware of because I did think about that comment her mother had made in the very first press conference about texting with Gabby up until the 27th (and this Snapchat to a friend about heading to Yellowstone) and then nothing until the bizarre Yosemite text on the 30th. What did those other texts say in regards to their movements and the timeline I wonder?

In my opinion I HAVE to think that his parents are creating a diversionary tactic with the whole Mustang left at the Reserve, and "he went hiking".

I have to assume that their is SOME good left in their hearts that they couldn't just 'stand by' whilst their son - who is potentially suicidal - was out in the middle of what I understand is an alligator-infested swamp land with other predators there too!

They have to know he's safe somewhere else otherwise how could they not be fighting to get out there and search for their child.

I'm not a parent, but every part of me screams this is wrong, and no matter how large the baying mob outside your house, if your child is in danger you GO! You'd move hell and high water to try and save them.

Their inaction speaks volumes.
Well they're not your typical "Leave it to Beaver" parents. Nor is the son.

I wonder if one of the things he was doing in Colter Bay Village (if the TikToker is correct) was accessing an ATM machine so he would have cash for gas and wouldn't have to pay with a credit card on the way home.

According to this page, the General Store has an ATM. He may have been flush with cash, which would explain why he was offering $200 for a ride.

General Store - Colter Bay Village
would the atm have video of him?

See the part about them not thinking straight.

It's not sympathy, just imagination to try to think of how these parents might respond to a son they had always bailed out telling them he had done something that was beyond their control to make right for him.
Agree, their only priority is to continue to protect him, bail him out. I don’t see that as “not thinking straight” but deliberate action. They have had a few weeks to correct course if they so choose to. They are still refusing to discuss GP with LE.

It's a trend at the moment, I've noticed.
Dead people are being seen everywhere.
I didn’t say it was a dead person, it looks like someone’s face in the window, that’s all. I said it could also be trash or a bag, shaped in that way so it looked like a nose. Was just pointing out that maybe the car camera at slowed down speed caught something in the window that the drivers couldn’t see at full speed. Not a ridiculous statement, IMO.

I would guess that they were told "no". LE cannot enter without the permission of the homeowner or a warrant. We need to keep in mind that LE was not made aware of Gabby being missing until the 11th, when the report was filed.

But if somebody is reported missing - wouldn't the first thing for LE to do is to enter their residence? And yes, she was living there and her van was there even if she wasn't the home owner. I am not talking about an investigation, or interrogation - just simply a WELLNESS CHECK. Her car was there. As far as they knew - she could have been inside, captive or injured, why not at least get a warrant just to search the place? why wait a week?

When they were talking about this in their video, I got the impression they did not even get out of their car to go close up and look around but that it looked like no one was there from what they could tell in their car as they drove by.
This is true but if from where they were sitting they could not see anyone in the van then it's unlikely that we are seeing something they are not from the dashcam. I might be wrong but I think someone suggested they could see someone sat in the passenger or driver's seat? I'm confident if that was true they would have seen that too.

Thankfully, that's for the mountain, so even the base is a higher elevation than where most of the searches are. (Spread Creek looks like it's closer to 6500 ft.) Snow is possible at the lower elevations, but unlikely. Just a lot of cold cold rain.
I've been waiting for a report like this. I hoped we wouldn't hear it for at least another week or two. This is very unfortunate. They really need to start leaning on these parents hard and if they removed his vehicle from the reserve days before they reported him missing this is enough to haul them both in. They do not need the Feds blessing here unless they were wholly uninvolved in taking their MP report, bc their lie is a direct violation of Fl law.

Long shot. But, what if Gabby did come home with Brian on 9/1 and something happened between he and his parents and Gabby? After all, she lived in their home and they seem very protective of their son. Maybe the parents blamed Gabby for the Moab incident and things went downhill from there? Then one or both killed both Gabby and Brian?

If my guess is correct, a lot of law enforcement effort is being wasted. The longer his parents stonewall and divert attention, the odder this gets.

What are the flaws in my thinking/scenario?

JMHO

That Gabby's social media presence ceased. That all phone communication ceases after the 25th (and the text on the 29th...is not from Gabby - I agree with her mom). She's trying to launch a vlog, the effort stops in the middle (after Moab). Brian is seen wandering around (alone) near Colter Bay and tells people Gabby is at the van. Brian's stuff is seen in the car cam video, outside the van, but no sign of Gabby.

LE have not named the parents as persons of interest - just Brian. Why doesn't Gabby call her mom or dad when she gets to their house? (Or sooner).

Gabby's phone pings are going to tell a story - I doubt that phone made it to FL. Total radio silence from Gabby?

So back at you: how do you explain that? She had a complete personality transplant? Or Brian kept her from her phone? What explains that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann