Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I watched the Moab Police video I thought the police did a good job. That being said, the only other option to a night apart was to put both in jail. Then we would have chants of kill the police. Easy to Monday morning quarterback....
Agreed, Police are damned if they do or damned if they don't. The sole blame should be on BL right now.

The
Do we know if Bri is on the lam? I thought that Brian Entin tweeted that the coroner was in the Carlton Reserve today, but maybe I'm wrong. imo

They said the search is over for the day. Nothing to report.
I wonder if he killed her somewhere else and dumped her body there due to the way the van was parked. That isn’t the way boondockers camp at all in my experience. You don’t want to drag your gear that far from the vehicle and there were many other options in the area if camping was the intention. JMO

If I were BL's mother, I would have been throwing up for the past 20 days. Maybe she is sociopathic and really doesn't care - but if she isn't, I can imagine how it would feel to think, or know, that my son is a murderer, just waiting for the inevitable.

And don't forget: BL's parents aren't a single unit. We have no idea what their relationship is like. Maybe BL learned to "command" a situation at home. Maybe one of them is cowering in the presence of the other.

I didn’t say she buried herself or could have. I said it was possible she killed herself or had a fatal accident. It’s up to the coroner and the courts to determine how she died. Regardless, I think BL is cowardly creep—as well as his parents. I say this as a parent who fiercely loves and protects my kids. It would tear me apart if any of them were to get into BL’s predicament. But I would absolutely with great pain have insisted on any of them report the situation. That these people deliberately hid this information is wrong.

To all those who have recognized this relationship for what it was.... its because we've been there.
being in love turns to violence fast and for anyone who wants to simplify it, no, you have not been there and i hope you never do go there.

i hear you all.and I've been there.
he never hit me, but he would have killed me.
it took me recognizing that, escaping it and significant behavioral therapy to rewire my brain from the ptsd constant threat of that.
I thank all of you for pointing it out. It took a lot of internet research for me to really understand what was happening because no one else saw what I saw and fear.

There was my truck involved on camping road trips, and every single bit of this case scares the hell out of me.... I know exactly who BL is.

Thank god we survived. I had what people thought was a nice looking sweet mild mannered guy strangle me.

Those of you who think Brian was all of those things and innocent because of that might want to think again. It might save your life.

Chris Watts. Mark Hacking. Chris Coleman. Scott Peterson. Ted Bundy. Barry Morphew. On and on and on.

I don't think we will ever really know the whole story about her death, whether BL is found alive or not. He is not going to say what happened. This was not the body I thought would be found today; however I am glad she was found and her family can have some closure even though that will take a very long time. It is hard enough to deal with the loss of a loved one let alone under these circumstances. So very sad.

I guess that's where the potential alibi of him hiking/camping for a couple of days while she was alone working comes into play?
do you think maybe he was *hoping* her body would be found ? that way he could appear after they found her and be like "omg , no, my fiance! i was hiking for 3 days i had no idea!"

and when he got back and her body etc was still there thats why he ran back to FL ? but that messes up his whole "alibi". ugh.

see i'm having a lot of trouble with the timeline too..
for example: ok, he kills her on the 27th, then hikes 20 miles up snake river to dispose of evidence until hes picked up on the 29th at 6pm.. but this just sounds weird because she actually *wasnt* killed in a super remote part.. it's not like she was found miles and miles away. she was actually extremely close to many people. even people who were camping on the same side of the creek and closer to her than her van which was only 900ft away. so her body was there for 2 days , leaving the van and her body to be found ? ...
But that's the thing: I posted earlier about the sites at Spread Creek. Where he was parked does not appear to me to be a campsite at all. It is possible he did not kill her there. They need to know information on the 27th and 28th. I'd be interested to know if he was in West Yellowstone as one witness stated. Because if accurate, he was alone when there.

I may have missed this so I apologize if it has been discussed. What do we know about Gabby or BL prior to their meeting each other? Were they in school or working? How did they get the van and finance this trip? Were any friends of either of them ever interviewed to give any back story to Gabby or BL or their relationship together? How did each family feel about their child's choice of partner in this relationship?
Just some questions I've thought about. I have 5 adult children -- 3 girls and 2 boys and 8 adult (over 18) and 2 soon to be -- 14 and 17 -- adult grandchildren -- 5 boys and 5 girls. Through the years I have seen and lived through just about every situation out there when girl meets boy and boy meets girl so it made me think about what we knew and as parents what can ever be done about it when kids become adults. We can't know everything they do or protect them once they are adults.
There are really 3 sides to every story - his and hers and the truth. I'm so sorry for this outcome if it is indeed Gabby who has been found and if BL killed her - then get justice for Gabby - but so far all I have seen and read is from this trip and there has to be more to the story, IMHO.

Even *if* Brian didn’t actively murder her, but left her stranded or injured (or both) isn’t that a blatant disregard for human life? Where does that fit in, 2nd degree murder? Manslaughter? Just curious.

I don’t believe that’s what happened. Just playing along.

Well-here is what we do know; Gabby is dead, Brian drove Gabby’s van like he stole it back to Florida, Brian’s in hiding, and his entire family has been completely non-cooperative. We don’t know for certain when she died and how she was killed and by whom…but I think it is more likely than not that Brian knows what happened to her, rather than his being completely in the dark about what happened to her. I would think that stealing her van around the same time that Gabby was presumed to have been killed should be reason enough for a warrant for his arrest. Any attorneys available to respond?

I am a long time lurker and first time poster. I want to comment on the work that everyone has done here in order to add clarity and help provide another set of eyes . IMO This site has operated with the utmost integrity and tries to make a difference. When an outcome like this happens it is devastating. That being said, prayers for GP family

I wasn’t referring to prosecution though. It’s why I do not have any sympathy for the Laundries. I have a 22yo daughter. The desperation her family must have been feeling, and to get no response from those who could help. It’s just completely unfathomable. It’s a bit more than bad manners. IMO.

Oh I agree completely. It's so inhuman what his parents did.

Gabby lived in their house.
Gabby was going to marry their son
Gabby worked at one of their businesses

She wasn't just some girl he met on the internet or a hookup or a stranger.

She was part of their family. The cruelty to her parents is unfathomable.

I do think the strange trip he took from SLC to FL and back was the beginning of their dissociation from her and her parents. Did they ever talk to her on the phone, or her parents then? I highly doubt it. They may have been trying to shut her out at that point. Although I can't guess what the plan was supposed to be. We don't hear that they gave the couple money, yet we know her parents helped out at every opportunity. Heck, I'm surprised her father didn't fly out to SLC just to keep her company when BL was gone.

I disagree that they handled the situation well. Telling BL that he understood because he had a toxic ex wife was unprofessional in the extreme. Smiling when BL called GP crazy is also unprofessional.

Yes, you highlighted this before I could. I agree a 1000%. While I was watching the video I also got nervous for Gabby when Brian said "I love Gabby. I hope she doesn't have too many complaints about me." 15.27 mark When they finally did re-connect after that incident with police - Imo - they probably argued over this incident with police - over what was said, etc. Brian was just so calm on the body cam - it scares me to think how he actually was once he got Gabby alone after that incident. MOO, IMO, JMO, ETC.

Rest in Peace Gabby

I guess that's where the potential alibi of him hiking/camping for a couple of days while she was alone working comes into play?
Also wasn’t the van parked at the dam on the 29th (per earlier discussion)-so she wasn’t there at that time.
Is the dam close to where she was found?

Well I took a walk, to try to feel better, detach a bit....but that didn't work. I feel worse, having digested today's awful developments. I keep seeing Gabby's lovely smiling face....22 years old...
So many if onlys...
I hope the family and loved ones will have every support possible. How does one go on after this nightmare?

It makes no sense that the Laundrie family would have cut off Gabby's parents at a time when both their children were on such an adventure. Especially as Gabby had been living at Laundrie house for quite a while. Even Brian's sister could only dip in a toe and say she and her kids loved Gabby and say no more.

What on earth was the week returning from the trip to unload their stuff from a container? You could this in one day or get someone else to do this for you?

We need Brian to turn up alive before more lives are ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname