Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read your post as you don't think it's a lock that he's there. And, if I'm reading it correctly, I'm with you. He isn't there and possibly was never there. And in the off-chance he was (or is) there, he is now deceased.

Yes, you read it correctly. I don't think he is in the reserve. I think the car was dropped there to look like he was there. If his parents thought he was a suicide risk I don't see them letting him just disappear. I would hope if they thought he was a risk to himself they would’ve been a lot more forthcoming with information.

Yes I remember and I also saw a post that said the parents found out Wednesday and picked the car up maybe Thursday IIRC ?- but I can’t get the link and wasn’t able to update the media thread
I found pictures that showed the Mustang missing on Tuesday, then reappeared on Wednesday. Threat 12, page 2, post 37 (Daily Mail was the source of the pic's).

@oviedo I finally found it!

Body matching description of Gabby Petito found in Grand Teton

Steven Bertolino, the Laundrie family attorney told ABC News on Sunday that the family picked up the car, Brian Laundrie was using, on Thursday morning from the reserve after going out on Wednesday to look for their son.

Laundrie left the family home on Tuesday morning with a backpack. Bertolino said that the family went out to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and spotted a note from the North Port Police Department on the car saying it needed to be removed.

The family left the car overnight "so he could drive back," the attorney said. When Laundrie didn't come home Thursday morning, the family went back to retrieve the car.

The family then called police on Friday to file a missing person report

This outcome is definitely not what we hoped for. RIP Gabby. I dont think either were equipped for the reality of living in a confined space without common daily luxuries for so long and both having potential MH disorders. The Instagram "lifestyle" is brutal. It can be consuming with very little rewards. Most people don't get sponsored or even a large following. Being on public display, trying to show perfection, negative comments in DMs, and the need to manage your profile 24/7 is not conducive to balance or healthy relationships. Add a pandemic, wildfires, and it obviously was a recipe for disaster. It is tragic.

As more information comes out, I am sure some of our burning questions will be answered. And some questions will never be answered. It was a senseless crime. Sadly, neither could take a step back, escape, have a macroview, or stop this train leading to this horrible situation. A "Why" in the lens hindsight is always the hardest.

As we travel this Websleuths journey, with ups and downs, remember to be kind to each-other. We all want answers, all want to figure out what happened, all want to make sense of a senseless crime. The worse thing we can do is get a thread shutdown because we are emotionally charged. Remember, we are all shocked and saddened. We all wanted the best case scenario for Gabby. We all process differently. Our differences are what makes us the Websleulths team. Our goal has always been to be a voice for those who can't help themselves. And our different view points have brought light to the darkest situation, solved cases, and gave people their names and dignity back.

Off my soapbox.

I know that that is what passion means, but a crime of passion seems to me to be a euphemism for a rage assault or murder. One that waters it down.

I agree completely.

*shrug*

As the word literally means "any strong emotion", I really don't know what else to tell you.

People are literally using the word according to its definition.

What if the person in question did it when they were what could best be described as "frantic", rather than "[en]rage[d]"?

Brian Entin at News Nation just said he checked several neighbors Ring videos and did not see Brian leave in the Mustang. He also said that the neighbors have not stated that they have actually seen Brian.

Interesting.

Yes I remember and I also saw a post that said the parents found out Wednesday and picked the car up maybe Thursday IIRC ?- but I can’t get the link and wasn’t able to update the media thread

He left Tuesday and his parents picked it up later that day and brought it home. How did they know he didn't need the car? IMO, they gave him a ride there and came back home.

I’ve stru

I was having trouble with the timeline as well but from what I can gather from the ones that actually saw the van and reported it to the FBI the van was not parked in a designated spot at the campsite. Which is what actually drew attention to it. That was on the 26th. No one saw Gabby but they did see her flip-flops and have pictures of her flip-flops behind the van on the 26th but never physically saw her only him. Her body was found in a remote area at that camp ground. Spread Creek, which is not far from Coulter Bay. IMO he panicked left the van hiked/hitchhiked to Colter Bay I don’t think any of this was premeditated this is a DV situation with a kid who I’m sure is very mentally unstable. So in his panic he went to Colter Bay then hitchhiked to Jackson Dam & realized they were going the wrong route, he wanted the other route that would take him to Spread Creek, so he got out at the dam & went to where the van was and drove home to FL from there. I question whether he left her body in the van or whether he killed her on their hike. I honestly don’t know or that it even matters. He got back to the van on the 29th & was home in FL on 9/1. What’s crazy is that the van kids/young adults on Tiktok really are the reason the FBI found her. They sent pictures of exactly where that van was parked with her hat on the dash and her sandals behind it. And not far from there is exactly where they found her body hats off to those kids for doing the right thing.
That was a legal, dispersed campsite. They don't look like regular campsites - only like pullouts.

Since Gabby was pretty quickly identified, is it possible that if she is buried, she was put into a bag of some sort? I honestly don't know how much of a difference it would make in the elements with wildlife etc. Sorry for the morbid question; it's just something I wondered about before they even found her.
No idea.
We received absolutely zero detail.
A bag would not have preserved her remains though.
She had tattoos, possibly one of them was somehow preserved.

Listening to Brian Entin's livestream. He's taking questions.

I am inferring from his answer to one question that the van being in the Laundries' driveway is the only proof that Brian was ever in FL, and there's no other proof of his presence there aside from what his parents have claimed.

Hmmmm.

Yeah. I was listening too.

One question he took was about the Mustang. He said that it wasn't there Tuesday (he has a post on his twitter feed about it: https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439593712271646721?s=20 ) and it was there Wednesday morning when they were back. He said they asked neighbors for Ring camera footage but there is none that they found of BL driving the Mustang.

Re: someone's question here about why the reporter is there in the neighbor's yard. Earlier this evening, LE cleared the street, told everyone they couldn't be parked there (even media), cleared people out. Brian Entin, as well as a few other reporters were able to get permission from various neighbors to stay in their yards. So, those few reporters are in private yards, waiting to see what, if anything might transpire tonight.

Eta: Entin's 10pm report: https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439771488391925762?s=20

Last edited:
The one & only time I ever called LE for DV, the cop who came told me if he had to return, he would arrest both of us.

That was a threat. *My* life was being threatened, yet I'd somehow end up behind bars for using the phone again to save it?
The same thing happened to my daughter. We filed a complaint with the city and the Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419