Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I thank God they have finalization because not knowing is the worst thing. I know how she feels. I know how they feel, I'm very close with the family," Johnson said, "She was the sweetest, kindest person ever."

The quiet hamlet of Blue Point sits on the Great South Bay. After learning there is no hope left for a happy homecoming, the community is now embracing the family in their sorrow.

"I certainly join with everybody locally, regionally and around the country in expressing my sincere condolences. Pray God give the family some solace in this extreme tragedy and loss," said Randy Schultz.

Johnson lost her son ten years ago. When she tried to raise awareness about substance abuse, she held a contest for a logo for her nonprofit. Gabby's drawing won. Her talent and love live on.

"She is incredible, unbelievable," Johnson said.
Gabby Petito's Long Island hometown mourns discovery of body in Wyoming

Either they lied to their lawyer or the lawyer is lying on their behalf. Sleazy. I know its time for me to sleep because I just had a thought that maybe they snuck Brian home late Tuesday nite in the mustang....wouldn't that be a doozie...but no more crazy than the other things they have been doing.....

or maybe the lawyer made a mistake or maybe the reporter made a mistake ...

I'm sure this thread is about to be closed for the night for violations and clean-up, so I'd just like to say....may tomorrow be the day there is justice for Gabby in the form of arrests of the entire Laundrie family. (ETA: minus the sister, probably.)

RIP beautiful girl.

Last edited:
I thought what was interesting was in the (approved) RV raw video, when the RV turned around, a Jeep drove up the road and past the RV. The people in that Jeep would have driven right by the white van too. If during that brief period of time BOTH an RV and a Jeep drove by, how many other people spotted it over the 4ish day period the FBI is asking about?

I hope so many people drove by and said what a dumb spot for that van and took a picture!!

I hope you are right and they all took pictures, but I think most were probably thinking that they wished there camper was small enough to fit in a spot like that. (I mean, for maybe 2 seconds before they remembered their king size bed, full refrigerator and separate rooms in their class c.)

Well-here is what we do know; Gabby is dead, Brian drove Gabby’s van like he stole it back to Florida, Brian’s in hiding, and his entire family has been completely non-cooperative. We don’t know for certain when she died and how she was killed and by whom…but I think it is more likely than not that Brian knows what happened to her, rather than his being completely in the dark about what happened to her. I would think that stealing her van around the same time that Gabby was presumed to have been killed should be reason enough for a warrant for his arrest. Any attorneys available to respond?
I've asked a similar question before but I don't think anyone has answered it yet. The question here is, Do we even *know* that much? Do we indeed have any factual verifiable evidence that BL has been in FL this month at all? Or is there a possibility that mom or dad maybe flew to St Louis (or any place in between the Jackson Hole area and FL to meet him so he could hide at that or another location & they could drive the van back to FL). Or maybe mom & dad both drove to meet him and either brought him a different vehicle or some cash or plane ticket or just let him run off to hide somewhere else in a different state that no one would ever expect - for as long as his parents could keep the whole misdirection scheme working in FL. I dunno. I'm probably overthinking things way too much - and maybe giving them way too much credit for how deceptive they might be. ...but I am the paranoid sort that just doesn't trust everything that's presented to me. MOO of course.

Speculation that BL never returned to Florida Sept 1 has come up so many times in many different threads.

I feel like we are going off of the word of

His parents
This lawyer

And now that it's coming time that he might need to actually make an appearance (whether he speaks or not) conveniently he can't be found.

I think the sister mentioned the Sept 1 date but sounds like info she got from outside. I don't think she is in the loop and hasn't seen him in person.

I don't think I was giving this family enough credit
I agree with you -- also, the sister said she hadn't herself spoken to Brian. I have seen some mentions that LE confirmed they had "eyes on" Brian, but mostly, it's been based upon the word of the parents.

MOO, very possible he never was in FL at all. I previously thought it'd be odd for someone other than Brian to drive the van home but then, I heard the parents drove his Mustang home, so maybe driving other people's vehicles straight to their very-full driveway is their MO.

you can post your opinon without calling the names!

Agreed. I mean I’m not a Mod by any means….I try and follow the rules myself(being respectful of the site/forum) but I forget some of them from time to time. Human error. And my sarcastic, smartbutt retorts(just my personality) can push the boundaries sometimes….but ultimately it’s all in how it’s presented and what it’s actually pertaining to. To my knowledge you can question or hypothesize LE being less than stellar in certain situations. But you can’t be completely anti-LE or just come out name calling or hurling accusations around. MOO

Either they lied to their lawyer or the lawyer is lying on their behalf. Sleazy. I know its time for me to sleep because I just had a thought that maybe they snuck Brian home late Tuesday nite in the mustang....wouldn't that be a doozie...but no more crazy than the other things they have been doing.....

I've actually had the same thought.....what if he's been hiding there the whole time?

And for that matter, why are LE protected on this site? We all know they make the same mistakes every other person makes. And I shouldn’t have to MOO to make that point.

It's been a long day with a very sad outcome. We have Moderators here working at a frenzied pace to keep these threads open. There are a simple set of rules one agrees to when joining Websleuths. You just read them. Yes, many of us have forgotten them at times - trust me - but attacking LE or victims is just not ever going to fly. No explanation needed.

And I mean never ever.

Peace. ✌

MOO

Thank you, really. I appreciate this so much! It is hard for me to see/tell -- but very well could be because I spent my entire weekend ON MY LAPTOP, ON THIS SITE.

Red eye.
Here it is.

I admit, it does look and sound like a door slamming shut. It could just be the ladder though. There camera was on the outside of the car and I think it had some schmutz on it. Hard to see details.

There’s so much focus on the location and specifics of the remains. I think we have lost our focus on motive and intentions. The body and BL’s behavior will provide bucket loads of circumstantial evidence. Most likely this has the potential to be a Capital murder case, if GP was murdered on Federal land. If so, the criteria for conviction is much more stringent.

~ I still think the murders of Moab couple may be connected. The timing, the location and opportunity are all there. When local LE were so quick to dismiss the connection, it seems that they were trying to diffuse and de- escalate the situation. Very little info on those murders has been made public.
The FBI wanted to provide an opportunity for BL to come forward without the premise of guilt. They needed him to talk. They needed time to collect both physical and digital evidence. Add too much “heat” and the suspect/person of interest will run, and he did.
BL was threatened by the overt attractiveness of a female that drew much more attention than himself. He tried to control her and the Moab couple must have observed this. I imagine there may have been a verbal exchange at the coop that in some way threatened his masculinity and fragile sense of self. Add BL’s preoccupation with murder and travel and it just makes you wonder if GP was a witness he needed to eliminate?

Ha ha, same. Isn't it something? ;)
Gosh I love NG!! Love , love! And now I'm wondering after realizing I'm autistic, if the thing people can't stand about her is what I love and what turns people off about me?? Sorry off topic. Loud, brash, straight to the point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member