Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that September 1 date came from law enforcement, but I'm not sure where that information was sourced.

I do think it's probable he has a gun, but it's unconfirmed. Law enforcement was heavily armed on both days they searched for him.

Gabby's autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday, so I wouldn't expect an arrest warrant to come before then.

We don't know when/if a search warrant will be executed on the house, but I think it is a near certainty. I'd be surprised if it wasn't carried out tomorrow.

The most important thing right now is finding this coward. I imagine they'll be back in that reserve area tomorrow.
What do you think that they would be looking for in a search with a warrant? Dont they have to be specific about what they are searching for? Her phone, maybe or his parent's phones?

At this point in time, without a cause or method of death determined, can you think of any crime BL could be charged with if he just walked in the police with his attorney and asked to talk, but gave no information "on the advice of his attorney"? Is there anything that would stick and have a high enough bail that he wouldn't walk out on bail, without having to hide?

Grand theft auto?

Obstruction of justice?

Concealed weapon?

Anything?
At this point? No.

Just wanted to jump in and comment on a post in #15 now closed about the conduct of the Moab PD:
"I think the one who was being all pally with him and speaking about his own toxic exwife was way out of line and very obviously, biased. Very unprofessional."

IMO it's a bit unfair to infer this from the officer's remarks. LE are taught to create rapport as a means of establishing communication with potential perpetrators and victims alike ie Good Cop, Bad Cop. They do this by 'sharing' common ground - which may or may not be fact or fiction. There is usually a very good reason behind every interaction with every person in an incident; we are not present nor party to the reasoning. Cops are very good actors for good reasons.
That's exactly what I had been thinking -- it's what some officers do when they're trying to get info -- especially, I think, in domestic situations. Putting the person at ease, agreeing, then making a statement to see if the person will speak more about whatever, or will agree to something else, etc. Each officer, etc., has his/her own style, and they often bend it hoping that the subject will start talking. Sometimes it works.

I have read that BL is 23, but some articles are reporting his age at 37 (with a birthdate of 7/3/84). Does anyone know for sure how old he really is? TIA.

He is 23.

I don't have proof of this right now, but am preeeettty sure, Gabby's parents said they met and knew each other in high school.

Well, I suppose it's vaguely possible, as I don't recall anyone specifically saying he wasn't her teacher in said high school; but, I'd be very surprised if he was.

(NB for those who come after; I don't really believe he was her teacher, lol. Hopefully someone will come along with better proof soon.)

I’ve also been pondering…if he fled to Mexico like some have speculated…wouldn’t Covid protocols be hard to get by? I mean, unless he faked an ID AND a new Covid vaccine card with the new name on the vaccine card??? JMO

There are a lot of places one can leave or enter Mexico without any legal paperwork.
No ID, No testing. Nada.
A few $$$ worst case scenario and you’re good to go.

He is 23.

I don't have proof of this right now, but am preeeettty sure, Gabby's parents said they met and knew each other in high school.

Well, I suppose it's vaguely possible, as I don't recall anyone specifically saying he wasn't her teacher in said high school; but, I'd be very surprised if he was.

(NB for those who come after; I don't really believe he was her teacher, lol. Hopefully someone will come along with better proof soon.)

"Mr. Laundrie first met Ms. Petito at Bayport-Blue Point High School on Long Island, according to Ms. Petito’s stepfather, Jim Schmidt."

What we know about Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of Gabrielle Petito.

That is not easy to do as it used to be. Any country that they would want to live in, have sophisticated epassports now.
There are all kinds of COVID restrictions against incoming travel by US citizens, too. Plus, I’m not sure BL would imagine the idea of living abroad. If he’s running home to his parents after killing his girlfriend, I really can’t see him living a expat life, no mom and dad. How would he even earn a living? IIRC he’s never had a job? I’ll bet he’s in the US.
On the subject of running away…I doubt he’s overnighted in the nearby park. Has he overnighted with a backpack ever in a wild area? I get the idea he’s kind of a wuss.

At this point in time, without a cause or method of death determined, can you think of any crime BL could be charged with if he just walked in the police with his attorney and asked to talk, but gave no information "on the advice of his attorney"? Is there anything that would stick and have a high enough bail that he wouldn't walk out on bail, without having to hide?

Grand theft auto?

Obstruction of justice?

Concealed weapon?

Anything?
tbh BL would start spilling as soon as hes in front of police, no matter what his attorney says. thats why they've gone through great lengths to keep him away. we saw how he was when he was pulled over on august 12th. he couldn't stop talking for the whole hour+. they just need to be able to grab him and get him alone.

I agree with you. I just can't get past the fact that Gabby's mom sent a text to his parents and said she was worried about the kids, because she hadn't heard from them. Absolutely no response from his parents. And they knew she didn't come back with him.
What is so sad and imo unforgiveable is that BL's mom received the text after BL was home and returned alone.
Like many here I do believe that gabby is the # 1 victim and the only victim.
She is dead.
She will never be able to enjoy a sunny day or create for her online store.
A bright light and creative loving soul was taken from this earth and there's no replacing her.
The video of her running along the beach leaving footprints in the wet sand is one that perfectly illustrates her zest for life !

Speculation : Based on someone's actions a person(s) has something to hide ; and I do not know how deep this evil goes.
I'm sorry, Gabby , you did not deserve this.
May justice be thorough and swift.
Imo.

What do you think that they would be looking for in a search with a warrant? Dont they have to be specific about what they are searching for? Her phone, maybe or his parent's phones?
They do have to be specific. Yup, phones, maybe clothing items, other electronics.

That might even extend to the parents' electronics, as there may have been communication around the time of the murder, and in the period afterwards.

I’ve also been pondering…if he fled to Mexico like some have speculated…wouldn’t Covid protocols be hard to get by? I mean, unless he faked an ID AND a new Covid vaccine card with the new name on the vaccine card??? JMO
You don’t have show a vaccine card to get into Mexico. My daughter went 6 weeks ago and didn’t have to show anything to get in but had to have a negative test done in Mexico within a certain timeframe and show negative results to get back into the US. he would have to have had a fake passport and ID though and I don’t see him as smart enough to pull that off.

Enabling is different from sticking by them. Your child can be accused of murder and you can still be there and get them a lawyer and follow the lawyer’s advice, it doesn’t mean you’re enabling them.

It’s easy to make it so black and white in this particular situation but none of us know what Brian told his parents.
But that post was not about that. You can still love and support your child but not lie and obstruct to keep him out of trouble when you know that he has done wrong and ignore another family's pain because you do not want him to face the consequences.

Given his proximity to Cuba, if he had access to a boat, that seems like a pretty good hideout. Cuba isn’t always willing to extradite.

There are all kinds of COVID restrictions against incoming travel by US citizens, too. Plus, I’m not sure BL would imagine the idea of living abroad. If he’s running home to his parents after killing his girlfriend, I really can’t see him living a expat life, no mom and dad. How would he even earn a living? IIRC he’s never had a job? I’ll bet he’s in the US.
On the subject of running away…I doubt he’s overnighted in the nearby park. Has he overnighted with a backpack ever in a wild area? I get the idea he’s kind of a wuss.

I don’t get that impression at all. I think he’s far more savvy outdoors then you give him credit for.

That said, I don’t think he’s in the US. I’m betting mom / dad have a vacation rental somewhere in the islands or Mexico and BL got on a boat. Very unlikely he would need a passport or encounter Covid restrictions that way.

I have read that BL is 23, but some articles are reporting his age at 37 (with a birthdate of 7/3/84). Does anyone know for sure how old he really is? TIA.
It's in the Moab traffic stop video. The officer writes his DOB on a notepad clearly visible in the footage. Its 1997...November I think?

You don’t have show a vaccine card to get into Mexico. My daughter went 6 weeks ago and didn’t have to show anything to get in but had to have a negative test done in Mexico within a certain timeframe and show negative results to get back into the US. he would have to have had a fake passport and ID though and I don’t see him as smart enough to pull that off.
Also what I was thinking. I dont think he was that savvy. There’s plenty of other places to hide IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419