Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a couple people asking how BL could possibly be innocent in GP's disappearance and possible murder, and here is a theory.
What if they had another fight, and this time he left GP with the van so she didn't worry that he would leave her? He hitchhikes around while she works on video and returns to find her missing. He can't get ahold of her, panics and heads home, thinking she may be there. He gets there and no GP, but his parents convince him it will be fine and to stay home and regroup. When BLs parents hear from GPs parents, they realize something is amiss and lawyer up. As people take notice of the case, BL realizes that even if he didn't do it, his life is ruined and he has been convicted in the court of public opinion and goes into the woods and commits suicide. GP is later found, and the story has two victims.

The thing that first made me question BLs involvement was the Yosemite text. He knows they were planning on Yellowstone, he was the driver. I think someone may have met GP while BL was hitchhiking, and sent a text to cover but didn't correctly remember the park GP had mentioned.

Not saying this is the case, just saying that it is good to consider different angles. His parents did not react in a compassionate manner AT ALL, but people can be jerks when it comes to protecting their kids, and BL is young, seems anticonfrontational (from the body cam footage, at least), and would likely listen to his parents and later his attorney.

Just a theory. IMHO MOO etc.
the thing is though, when they got in the fight on august 12th , he states (to the police) the reason he refused to give the keys to her was that he was scared she would leave him. he comes off as controlling and i just can't see him leaving her while shes alive.

from the sounds of it he didn't even wait around to see if she'd show back up (since he was picked up august 29th 6pm and someone saw him getting gas 20 miles away away at 11pm). why not ask people nearby if they'd seen her. theres multiple reports that the area they were in was crowded, all the camping spots were taken and so full that their van was just pulled off on the side of the road and parked. ik people can act unpredictable when they're panicking but i can't find any way how he didn't do it personally.

In line with everything else that makes no sense, I can't grasp why Brian's parents would have gone back to retrieve the Mustang.

This has been addressed multiple times upthread but here is a repeat:

"Bertolino said that the family went out to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and spotted a note from the North Port Police Department on the car saying it needed to be removed.

The family left the car overnight "so he could drive back," the attorney said. When Laundrie didn't come home Thursday morning, the family went back to retrieve the car."

Source: Body matching description of Gabby Petito found in Grand Teton

I've seen a couple people asking how BL could possibly be innocent in GP's disappearance and possible murder, and here is a theory.
What if they had another fight, and this time he left GP with the van so she didn't worry that he would leave her? He hitchhikes around while she works on video and returns to find her missing. He can't get ahold of her, panics and heads home, thinking she may be there. He gets there and no GP, but his parents convince him it will be fine and to stay home and regroup. When BLs parents hear from GPs parents, they realize something is amiss and lawyer up. As people take notice of the case, BL realizes that even if he didn't do it, his life is ruined and he has been convicted in the court of public opinion and goes into the woods and commits suicide. GP is later found, and the story has two victims.

The thing that first made me question BLs involvement was the Yosemite text. He knows they were planning on Yellowstone, he was the driver. I think someone may have met GP while BL was hitchhiking, and sent a text to cover but didn't correctly remember the park GP had mentioned.

Not saying this is the case, just saying that it is good to consider different angles. His parents did not react in a compassionate manner AT ALL, but people can be jerks when it comes to protecting their kids, and BL is young, seems anticonfrontational (from the body cam footage, at least), and would likely listen to his parents and later his attorney.

Just a theory. IMHO MOO etc.

I was thinking about all the angles too... but in this scenario if she was found as close to the van as it's being said...didn't he going looking for her/ ask nearby campers about her before just taking off? He may have thought the friend she was supposed to meet up with came and got her...idk

If she had been dead for 19 days then significant decomposition likely had occurred. If her murder was caused by say, manual strangulation, there may have been too much time passed to determine a COD. Blunt force trauma, on the other hand, might still be evident on her remains.
Not to mention bears, mountain lions, and coyotes.

She had a driver's license so she knew how to drive. I think she preferred not to drive, but she must have driven it occasionally because there is a video of her behind the wheel.

She may have left the van there in case he came back.She could have even left a note for him saying that she left to go search for him.She then never returns to the van and from there he just starts making one bad decision to the next.

Too much is being made of him trying to lock himself in the van (as well as the fact that she was on the title). He admitted trying to get away from her, it stands to reason the van was the best option.
No, it was not his 'option' to take. He told her to go for a walk, then got in HER van and locked her out. He should have been the one going for a walk. How dare he.

She was uncomfortable driving the van .I was under the impression that she would not drive the van and was completely dependent on him driving it.

Just because she was uncomfortable driving it doesn’t mean she couldn’t. She was not “completely dependent on him”. LE left her with the van after the traffic/DV stop outside Moab. They took BL with them. She drove the van.

"Bertolino said that the family went out to the reserve on Wednesday to look for him and spotted a note from the North Port Police Department on the car saying it needed to be removed.

The family left the car overnight "so he could drive back," the attorney said. When Laundrie didn't come home Thursday morning, the family went back to retrieve the car."

My mistake. Forgot about that and haven't been able to keep up with the thread due to the site being slowed to a crawl earlier.

Still, you would think if you're the Laundrie parents and you genuinely don't know what happened to your son and fear the worst, you would be in contact enough with LE to have that car examined and kept where it is.

She may have left the van there in case he came back.She could have even left a note for him saying that she left to go search for him.She then never returns to the van and from there he just starts making one bad decision to the next.
You are reaching IMO. How did she end up dead not far beyond the van and then he drove it home? And if she did leave a note, where is it? Why not tell her parents that.

Enabling is different from sticking by them. Your child can be accused of murder and you can still be there and get them a lawyer and follow the lawyer’s advice, it doesn’t mean you’re enabling them.

It’s easy to make it so black and white in this particular situation but none of us know what Brian told his parents.

Nothing much is that black and white. But in this case, what would you do if your child suddenly came home without his fiancée, who lived with you. And either said she was dead or “missing”? Just sit tight? Or report her missing? Ignore her parents when they reach out?

To me, that’s all not just enabling. It’s cruel.

My mistake. Forgot about that and haven't been able to keep up with the thread due to the site being slowed to a crawl earlier.

Still, you would think if you're the Laundrie parents and you genuinely don't know what happened to your son and fear the worst, you would be in contact enough with LE to have that car examined and kept where it is.

Gabby's family wants one thing: the truth. If the Laundrie family doesn't want to do that, then they should say nothing at all. It's nothing but empty words, as their actions are what matter.

Gabby's family wanted to know where their daughter was, and law enforcement had to figure that out on their own.

This family has obstructed at every turn, and each self serving statement only shines a light on that.

I believe they probably are, or will be once they've made it through the intense grief stage, spitting mad.

I also think they must have really liked Brian, or else they would not be able to project this level of grace still and already, which is a whole new level of horror.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs