Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if you’re trying to get away from someone you’re having an argument with and you’re in public, it would make sense to try and lock yourself in somewhere, no? I say that because more than one person found the argument concerning enough to call police, so maybe the van was the only place to be where he could roll the windows up and calm himself down and give herself time to calm herself down? We won’t know until and unless he decides to show up and talk.
Not if that's exactly the reason why someone was going bonkers and losing it. It seems to be counterproductive. What was she supposed to do without her phone and keys. Walk around without any form of security? When you're already in distress? When you already suffer from anxiety and he knows it? Maybe that would have calmed HIM down but it certainly didn't sound like it was her chosen way to calm down, it only made things worse.

Something often overlooked are commercial cruises. Yep, I'm talking about those COVID-crawling, unlimited-daiquiri vacation cruise ships. You can buy tickets last-minute. Like, day-of.

As far as I am aware, the "No-Fly" list doesn't automatically translate to a "No-Sail" list (although I do not think BL would be on either in early September, all things considered with the way this played out).

Recreational cruises stop in lots of different places and countries, and SO many leave right out of Florida. You can board as an ordinary passenger, disembark at any port on the schedule, and not return to the ship. It's totally up to you to return or not. People "miss ships" all the time and have to find their way back -- often with a flight or whatever. So not getting back on a ship in time isn't immediately strange or suspicious. It happens.

I googled it, and there are limited cruises leaving from Miami/Port Everglades. Right now.
Maybe that’s why a trail app showed either her or his phone in Puerto Rico? Can’t remember which WSer caught that many threads back…

Looked mostly covered lightly with dirt, you could see light colored clothing, maybe just barely buried in the ground, human body form. The camera quickly turned away, it was pretty quick and I've rewatched it a few times and it's not there now. Someone has described it just as I saw it as well, either early in this thread or towards the end of the thread before this one. You would have had to seen it live from early this afternoon. There's no way any credible news source would leave that in there. So as I can't prove what I saw, it's mo

I am not a criminologist, but would they congregate like that and set up a processing tent anywhere near where the remains were found? If that is a crime scene they sure are contaminating it.

JIC, no one posted about the note left on the Mustang....

It was a note telling the owner to move the vehicle. It was an official notice placed on his car by Park Rangers.
If it was an "official" notice, it should be able to be verified. I have asked before, has this been confirmed?

I think if you’re trying to get away from someone you’re having an argument with and you’re in public, it would make sense to try and lock yourself in somewhere, no? I say that because more than one person found the argument concerning enough to call police, so maybe the van was the only place to be where he could roll the windows up and calm himself down and give herself time to calm herself down? We won’t know until and unless he decides to show up and talk.
Oh dear, poor Brian. It was HER van. He should have gone for that walk and removed himself, not her.

Probably because they were spending every minute of every day together there was no time for privacy to vent to anyone else? Different strokes for different folks but it would be my personal hell to be so stuck with just one other person all day everyday.
yeah i guess i'd just think you could whip up some texts while going to the bathroom, brushing her teeth, before falling asleep, etc.......... like he'd have to be mega controlling (which no doubt he is) to be looming over her shoulder 24/7 watching her send every text message........... which is probably why she used snapchat to talk to her friend, so the messages would disappear. :(

And the chances of him showing up & telling the truth are slim imo. My point is I believe he would know it would further aggravate her to lock her out of her own van. He's a big strong guy who could probably make it a few feet to a shop without injury.
My point was just that in a situation like that it is completely believable and understandable to want to lock himself in the van the way he explained it to the police. It being her van is of no consequence in that specific situation.

If you look at his instagram, he's often wearing hiking boots in his selfies. I think that 'barefoot' thing was just an affectation, a sign of his pretentious posing. I really do think he donned many masks publicly which were different than his private persona. Just as Gabby tried to appear more confident and carefree than she was really feeling behind the scenes. JMO.
Agreed, everyone has a persona they put on for the "stage" of social reality - classic sociological reassoning. IMO he exhibited anti-social traits on the basis of his alleged NEET lifestyle and controlling nature combined with further alleged psychological dysfunction (as alleged by GP friend in her interview).

August 27: Gabby texts Mom and Snapchat-texts friend that she is heading to Yellowstone

August 29: Gabby doesn’t answer call from friend about plans at Yellowstone National Park.

I think this is the most relevant aspect of this timeline. That meeting might have been what triggered the fatal fight. That friend claimed Brian was jealous & controlling whenever they got together and even went as far as stealing her ID and making her delete a tracking app (so her friend can’t locate her). Brian may have believed Gabby would try to leave with the friend. She may have even said it in a fight. That threat may have been what set Brian over the edge or led to him being so hostile and paranoid that another violent fight broke out and caused her death via strangulation.

what makes me so sad about all of this-- was gabby so isolated she didn't feel she could tell anyone about their issues? for example, their fight on august 12th, if that happened to me my mom, siblings, and close friends would know every detail from me. i've dated my share of very abusive men, and i lost friends because they saw me being abused but i wasn't strong enough to walk away. i knew they were being abusive, i'd cry to friends and family multiple times a week, but it was hard getting away. i just couldn't imagine being abused and then .. i guess suffering alone. god she has to have a reddit account or something somewhere that she'd vent, right ? where all the details from her POV are posted?

From what i'm able to gather, they were at Moonflower Co-op for 5-6 hours the morning of August 12th. they got into a fight that included BL saying he didn't think GP could be successful, he took the keys (?) from her, thinking she was going to leave him and she scratched him. then he locked himself inside the van when she climbed in through the window. but i really wish someone knew how everything went down.. like she didn't text her mom every detail ? :(

It is incredibly sad. I get the feeling GP downplayed any troubles she had in that relationship. She took on all the blame in the one video we’ve seen. She was also trying hard to establish an online SM influence, depicting a happy-go-lucky, beautiful young couple, traveling together in some amazing places. Revealing to anyone that their relationship was not ideal does not fit into that narrative.

I was in a controlling relationship when I was her age. Everyone loved him, and initially, I did too. When I started seeing the signs of abuse (it was all verbal and manipulation), I tried speaking to a few friends but no one believed me. We got into an argument one evening (at MY apartment) and he would not leave so I left. On foot. At night. I walked to a friend’s house that was about 4 or 5 miles away. He showed up. Drove his truck up into the yard, right up to the front door. When my friend wouldn’t open the door, he kicked it down and came inside. I ran for the phone but he grabbed it out of my hand, yanked the cord out of the wall (showing my age here), then wrapped the cord around my neck and tried to strangle me.

thankfully, the neighbor called the police as soon as he had driven the truck into the yard and arrived in time.

I guess I’m sharing that because this is really what drew me into this case. That could have been me. I wish so badly that it didn’t have to happen to Gabby. She deserves so much better.

I read this too and can’t believe their isn’t more press about this and determined to be unrelated. Gabby and Brian fight at Moonflower and Schulte who is killed was working their that same day! It is reported she worked until 3pm.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/moab-murders-crystal-turner-kylen-schulte.amp
She and Gabby are both dead. Unrelated perhaps but such an eerie coincidence.

LE has more information about their GP and BL locations that they are telling us. So they must have conclusive evidence that they were no where near the area when the Moab couple was killed.

Is there any known footage of BL’s trip from WY back to FL with the van? No gas station footage? No toll road camera footage? I’ve yet to see a verified report he actually drove the van himself back to FL by 9/1. This is the only facts in the timeline still bugging me and not actually verified yet.
I understand being bugged b h something. Maybe you have any insight as to why he was hitchhiking on the 29? What would be the reason for that?

The parents picking up his car just has no rational logical reasoning.

But yourself in that position.

NONE.

moo

Actually, around my neck of the woods it's not uncommon to arrange for someone to retrieve a car and pick a person up at another point along the trail/river etc.. For instance, he could have said-- if I'm not back by 7pm it means I'm camping-- please get the car and I'll call you for a ride when I'm ready. JMO

My point was just that in a situation like that it is completely believable and understandable to want to lock himself in the van the way he explained it to the police. It being her van is of no consequence in that specific situation.
Frankly, if someone is crawling through a window OVER ME to gain access to their vehicle, I'm getting out immediately.

And sure, what we know is just *his* explanation to LE. Given what I've observed of his abusive behavior toward her regarding the issue of the van, this is another in a long line of controlling behavior. He could have gotten out, handed her the keys, said chill out, & gone to walk around without grievous bodily injury to himself. imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa