Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly now, as next of kin, Gabby's parents can legally request all of Gabby's belongings from the Laundrie home? I really still want to see the inventory list from the van. Were Gabby's things still in that van? Where is her computer? Was there ever any storage move?

There’s apps on your phone like cash app, Facebook pay, etc. buy cash app you actually have to verify who you are, you can’t just make a fake account. And there’s a footprint of doing that.. there’s a footprint with all of it. And you have to have ID when you SEND western union as well. You can’t just walk in and say “‘my name is _____ and I want to send money.” I need ID of who you are. There’s also something similar from Walmart but either way I think you need ID to pick up and send. And with this being a National case, if anyone saw the name Laundrie, they should’ve been alerted.
Sending $$ via Western Union necessitates providing a *crazy* amount of information, including one's social security number. It is hugely invasive, nothing anonymous about it whatsoever.

Detective Step Son said they don't physically track people anymore. They get a tracker warrant which requires little probable cause, especially for the Feds. LE could have used the angry mob outside as an excuse to have a car parked outside the house. <modsnip - opinion stated as fact>

I can see that working for the cars, but not so much a person who was willing to walk and hitchhike. Or do they put some kind of gps ankle monitor on a person with a tracker warrant?

This brought up another question––I wonder if Brian had his passport with him on the road trip or if it was left behind at his parents' house. If it was at the Laundrie house, him driving back to Florida would make sense––he would've needed his passport and money to go on the run.
Assuming he even has one unless he got a fake one.

I don't know if it has been confirmed but I read comments in one of the earlier threads stating that BL had flown home to Florida before returning to Wyoming to retrieve the van. If this is the case it's quite possible that BL actually continued on elsewhere and a family member retrieved the van and drove it to Florida. Considering this scenario BL may have been long gone weeks ago.

I know people still use WU, but aren’t there faster, easier ways to send money to someone? Or is this so they’ll have cash right away?

That would leave an electronic paper trail. If the parents want to claim he went hiking and they didn't give him cash. If they wired him money it would create a trail.

Last night they made everyone move their cars and said they wouldn't be allowed back early tomorrow morning so I think they had their warrants last night and were getting ready to serve them in the morning.

I wonder what time the FBI showed up this morning, I haven't seen it noted in any of the MSM reporting so far.

Also, a question for anyone on her with LE or attorney experience, would you explain how the term "crime scene" is being used here by the FBI? I always thought that the term "crime scene" referred to the place where the actual crime took place (i.e. where GP died), but seems they are using this term in a broader way, i.e. that there could be evidence in the home related to a crime that took place. Or are they referring to the parents, that the parents are being accused of committing a crime here? Wondering about the term the FBI is using here in relation to "crime scene."

Thank you for posting the cleaned up version of the van on the side of the road. I think it could convince some of the non-believers that the back van door did indeed slowly close. It wasn't a tree giving that illusion, it was closed by someone inside the van.

Thank you!

I have looked at that video so many times on my phone and could NOT see that door closing, but I see it here.

I think this is a stretch. But it would make a good movie.

Totally possible, anything is. I saw another theory that she was being held for ransom because of drug muling or something gone wrong and he tried to go and get the money from his parents and she was killed. I find your theory way more plausible than this, but we do not even know cause of death yet, so anything is plausible

He could of also accidentally killed her and knew that if he just shut up and let nature take its course than most likely would get away with it. Or could go for manslaughter as opposed to murder if cannot prove cause of death.

That happened in my area, a husband killed his wife and dumped the body, he waited months before he admitted that she killed herself and he didnt what the daughter to find out so he concealed the body in the forest. By the time she was found, no evidence. They could only get him on unlawful disposal of a body and tampering with evidence. Everyone knows she was murdered, but legally hands are tied.

It will be interested when we hear his side of the story and cause of death is revealed. Also time of death.

Last edited:
Just want to insert here that projecting hate onto Laundrie's parents does no one any good. I totally get the outrage and the cry for justice. Me too!! But no matter what happened, they are human beings and I believe it's safe to say that they're experiencing a bewildering grief of their own.
Thanks for posting this. A friend of mine was murdered by her husband several years ago. It was a horrific murder.
When it went to trial, his parents sat stoically in the courtroom They watched the entire trial without any outburst and when the guilty verdict was read they wept. IMO Parents of the accused feel pain in these situations too.

I know people still use WU, but aren’t there faster, easier ways to send money to someone? Or is this so they’ll have cash right away?

That would leave an electronic paper trail. If the parents want to claim he went hiking and they didn't give him cash. If they wired him money it would create a trail.

DM always gets better photos than other tabloids I noticed.

I have watched several videos and looked at Brian, his speech, mannerisms. I think I understand what type of a person he was. Just the personality type. I understand why parents found a lawyer - he is not a good speaker, either way, even when totally innocent.

I don’t think he intended to kill her at all, but I think he did. Unintentionally. The best witnesses of how the trip were was the policemen, and they registered that the couple was fighting. Sometimes during such fights, tragedies happen. This is why we have “involuntary manslaughter” charge.

Had anything else happened, he’d immediately called the police to help her.

Imagine this. A family member falls off the stairs. If it is a total accident, everyone calls 911, paramedics. If the family was fighting and the victim was pushed during the fight, even accidentally, the perpetrator thinks, “she has bruises. They won’t believe it was an accident. The police already saw us fighting. They won’t believe me”. And then his actions would not be unlike Brian’s ones - to provide an alibi (I was not there), to run away.

I think after whatever happened, he was hysterical and confused, and probably for a while, just ambling around, but finally, he did the only predicted thing, he ran (drove) to parents.

What happened after that was fear. His actions are fear-driven. Where he is, we don’t know, but I feel he is a mortally scared man.

(My only other version was that maybe he planned to kill her, and then himself, and chickened out, but somehow, I don’t feel it was the case. For this, people are usually more sad to start with).
Murder has that effect on murderers, it makes them mortally fearful and run.

The clarity of this guy's video is phenomenal. That said, because it is so clear I am now certain that he is incorrect on at least one thing, possibly 2. The flip flops are Brian's, not Gabby's. You can confirm this by going back to the body cam footage. Gabby's are white with Xs and Os; Brian's are tan/beige/Khaki. Second disagreement I have (moo), Gabby was not there at this time. Two reasons: Not a campsite - a burial site; and I believe she was already gone by 5-6ish on that date.

Also Brian preferred to hike/walk around barefoot and the way the flip flops appear to be situated behind the van in the footage looks like someone stepped out of the van and took the them off. Rather than the thong facing the van as one might expect if the flip flops were removed before stepping into the vehicle, the thong part is facing outwards, suggesting someone got out of the van and took them off. So, not only do the flip flops look more like Brians, but I believe the positioning of the flip flops points to them being his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici