Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious what anyone thinks of the FBI calling the house “an active crime scene”? I can’t quite figure out what this infers in this case (ie what could the crime be inside the house?)
Maybe their reference could be that they found evidence. Brian might have been just dumb enough to wash bloody clothing when he arrived home. The sand, dirt, etc found in the van could also be on the bottom of his boots. Who thinks to wash their boots? Maybe he touched something with bloody hands and then brought it into the house. All kinds of things….

If you look at the idea Brian is and always has been an enabled son it might make more sense.
He needed his parents council to proceed and heaven help them all!

He was being helped by his parents all along and was dependent on them. He needed them to escape and that's what they helped him to do, whether they knew much or not, they probably knew something was "off" but didn't care. This is their son. Some parents, as we have seen here, will do anything for their children, even protect and hide them if they murder someone. (My parents would have turned me in!) I don't believe they have no idea where he is. He's probably in central America by now and they probably helped him get there. Does anyone know if he could speak Spanish?

I believe he used the van and her preference to not be the driver (which I share; I hate driving) as a way to control her. I believe he drove off and left her for various amounts of time as a way to keep her in line. Sure he came back, but I think she genuinely had a reason to believe he would abandon her for good.

I wonder if this happened and he accidentally hit her when he came back. Just speculation, not fact to back up. And in a panic just fled, like you see in alot of hit and runs

Now I am APOPLECTIC.

The police completely turned this situation around. The written report was bad enough, but this. I am so angry. The police ignored the allegations the witness made and decided Gabby was the hysterical woman.

No wonder Brian asked what Gabby had said about him and said they'd had a really nice morning. All lies.

The police have to answer to this. They had the opportunity to save her, but they became buddies with Brian instead. Gabby. How could this happen?
OMG< NOOOO
I knew it! All of us DV survivors could see exactly what went down here.

OH M G

I can’t imagine the
Peace be with this caller…. He knew it wasn’t a good situation. This is heart breaking to listen to given where we are today.
trauma of knowing you’re seeing something very wrong, trying to do the right thing about it, & then finding out weeks later that person is dead due to the very thing you were worried about. Another facet of this tragedy.

So you're basing that on what the parents said to LE?

IIRC, the neighbors haven't seen him. I don't think it's so obvious that he was at the house and if he was, for how long. The entire thing with the swamp and the Mustang could be staged. Would be interesting to know if dogs ever picked up a trail and if they did, why the search was abandoned.

I don't think he ever went to the swamp. Great tactic though, truly - these people read like serious schemers.

There are so many possibilities (Dad met Brian partway, on the road, drove the rest of the way home, etc). No one knows his route, if he turned off the phones, it would be very hard to reconstruct it. He had to get gas, but without the route, very challenging to find the footage. He had $200 cash with him and I predict that came from the ATM at Colter Bay - which is likely his last use of an ATM (I wonder if it was Gabby's card?)

If Dad did meet him somewhere along the route, he could also re-supply him with cash. In many ways, if BL did decide to flee the US, Canada would be his best chance, if he could get over the border (I have no idea how easy it is to get into Canada from Montana, but it's a very long border there). He'd blend in better in Canada and could find his way to Alaska...
We crossed the border at a check point in Montana to go snow cat skiing, our SUV vehicle was searched in the back, we were questioned more than what I thought was normal and the passports were checked with a fine tooth comb.

Now I am APOPLECTIC.

The police completely turned this situation around. The written report was bad enough, but this. I am so angry. The police ignored the allegations the witness made and decided Gabby was the hysterical woman.

No wonder Brian asked what Gabby had said about him and said they'd had a really nice morning. All lies.

The police have to answer to this. They had the opportunity to save her, but they became buddies with Brian instead. Gabby. How could this happen?
Wow, that’s unbelievable.

I'm wondering if perhaps he held her under water & drowned her in the creek. Would the ME be able to pick up on that given the time between her death & now & the condition of her body? I'm hoping there's enough forensic evidence to determine the cause of death. I 100% believe he killed her, he's been & is on the run & now in hiding. And I wouldn't be surprised if a 3rd party is helping him. He needs food, shelter, $. He can't last forever without help. I don't think he's dead or his parents would be way more frantic... kinda like Gabby's (sarcasm). Perhaps in time he may off himself but now... nah. RIP lil one. :(

There is absolutely a possibility of downing due to how close the remains were, however the creek is very, very shallow from all the photos I've seen.
The autopsy will only be able to tell depending on the decomp. Unfortunately in the 19 or so days that she may have been there, the weather was pretty warm during the day which won't help identify soft tissue injuries.

Gabby Petito Case Live Updates: Brian Laundrie's tattoos shared amid fears he'll change appearance

Photos of Brian Laundrie's tattoos shared online
Social media users are sharing photos of Brian Laundrie's tattoos online to help others identify him.

There are fears that Laundrie may change his appearance to avoid being found by police.

Laundrie remains a person of interest in the case of Gabby Petito's disappearance.

Police have not named him a suspect but they are searching for Laundrie because he is currently a missing person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazy_visitor