Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a possibility that he left her there then came back and she was gone. Although if left out there alone I would imagine she would go to nearby campers for help, which unfortunately could also have been a dangerous thing to do. I was in an abusive relationship and abandoned multiple times and threatened to be left. Once I was left in SF with my 2 small children. I had no money and no car nearby. Abusers do this, they use the treat of abandonment to control and scare their victims. Poor Gabby. LE definitely need more classes on DV and what to look for.
This was my thought all day yesterday and for the same reasons you have. I'm not so sure now. Especially with that 911 call about him chasing her. When you think that that occurred on a public street where anyone could see, I am revising my thinking. I wonder if she quit having facetime with her mother and only texting because she had marks.

Maybe their reference could be that they found evidence. Brian might have been just dumb enough to wash bloody clothing when he arrived home. The sand, dirt, etc found in the van could also be on the bottom of his boots. Who thinks to wash their boots? Maybe he touched something with bloody hands and then brought it into the house. All kinds of things….
That makes sense! I had been leaning toward him never having been back home & that’s what led to my my confusion! I think it’s possible then that this might suggest he may have been home then…

What I want to know is if he ever returned home. It's possible that someone flew to Jackson and drove the van back and Brian never re-entered FL. I am guessing that's one thing LE (especially FBI) wish to know from the search at the home. They better find some of the clothes we see Brian wearing on the trip.

The most likely scenario is that he did drive home (hardly stopping) or the family is obscuring the timeline in a major way. If they're doing that, I do wonder how long he was at the house - to my knowledge, no one has seen him in FL.

This really is key. Occam's Razor would tell us the most immediately available option for him was to drive the van back to FL himself. Just needed gas money and to avoid being conspicuous by being documented by a highway patrol for some violation or for having the van break down. Spend as little money ( cash) as possible.

It's possible that he could have arranged a flight home and someone to fly in to bring the van back, but I don't think there are very many people he could ask that of other than his Dad, and certainly LE would have had that information about the airline tickets by now. I suppose he could tell his Dad that GP left him high and dry to go off with her friend in Yellowstone, and that he was having engine trouble with the van and needed help.

We really do need proof that BL did return to FL without assistance. Proof of life.

However, judging from the hitchhiking episode on Aug 29, I don't think he was in the frame of mind to arrange all this and wait it out in the area, nor did he have the funds to go hide out in another far away place for weeks on end.

Now that I think about it, he could have used the "she left me to go off with her friend Rose who hates me" to his parents when he arrived home. They're not going to check, are they?

sadly in these situations, nothing can really be done without the domestic violence victim actively reporting it. How many instances do we see of victims visibly abused yet go back and the police cannot do anything. The best option they had was separating them to cool off. Their hands were tied in terms of jailing him etc. with out her speaking up and filing charges.

Actually not true in Utah. I live here. Under Utah's laws, if a police officer has probable cause to believe that domestic violence has occurred, the officer must make an arrest without a warrant or issue a citation (ticket).

https://twitter.com/griffinfrank/status/1440007711014457344?s=21

Exclusive!!
FOX NEWS EXCLUSIVE

911 call released from last month’s incident in Moab City, UT between #GabbyPetito & #BrianLaundrie. Caller claims Brian was slapping Gabby.

Listen:

https://twitter.com/griffinfrank/status/1440007711014457344?s=21

Exclusive!!
FOX NEWS EXCLUSIVE

911 call released from last month’s incident in Moab City, UT between #GabbyPetito & #BrianLaundrie. Caller claims Brian was slapping Gabby.

Listen:

Oh no! Not surprising but heartbreaking beyond words. It sounds like she was trying to get away. OMG
MOO

Now I am APOPLECTIC.

The police completely turned this situation around. The written report was bad enough, but this. I am so angry. The police ignored the allegations the witness made and decided Gabby was the hysterical woman.

No wonder Brian asked what Gabby had said about him and said they'd had a really nice morning. All lies.

The police have to answer to this. They had the opportunity to save her, but they became buddies with Brian instead. Gabby. How could this happen?

All the people screaming he was the victim and she was crazy.... Said people were projecting their own biases when they watched the video. :rolleyes:

is it me or is WFLA live stream looping older parts of the live stream so they can have a break every so often without warning?

because it keeps looping the video of the shed and eagle 8 every 15 mins or so and then they come back and speak again

Has it been confirmed that he police actually SAW BL when they went to speak the family the first time (when the family only gave them lawyer info)? Cause he could have been long gone before Gabby was even reported missing if police didn't actually see him. (sorry if this is a repeat question, these threads are flying!)
Never confirmed. Which is why I believe he was gone before she ever was known to be missing. I think the Tuesday he disappeared was 9/7.

Even had he been arrested though, he would have been released the following day. She wouldn't have pressed charges, and this all probably would have played out the same way.

The cooling off period would have been the same as him being sent to a hotel.

Now, had he killed her that day and not a couple of weeks later, I'd totally agree.
It might have woken her or her parents up to the situation a bit more? I don't know, I have not been in that situation, just thinking here about the "what if".

Additionally if his parents helped him hide evidence- that wo
Maybe their reference could be that they found evidence. Brian might have been just dumb enough to wash bloody clothing when he arrived home. The sand, dirt, etc found in the van could also be on the bottom of his boots. Who thinks to wash their boots? Maybe he touched something with bloody hands and then brought it into the house. All kinds of things….
u also constitute a crime.

911 caller states multiple times that he hit her. but did the officers ever ask her anything about that? i don't remember it, but I didn't make it to the end of the bodycam footage.

I think one of the more interesting parts of this whole incident is that the PD released the body can but initially refused to release the 911 call. Damning evidence that LE seriously screwed up.

It blows my mind- COMPLETELY blows my mind- that I am NOT trained in identifying abuse but knew immediately that Brian was the abuser even back before any of us knew what was going on and whether Gabby was alive. And it’s all because of that video. Gabby is displaying so many telltale signs that she is the victim and he is the abuser.

If anything comes out of this, I hope it’s proper training for LE when it comes to handling DV calls. There is undeniable overwhelming evidence at this point that Brian has a history of abuse and that Gabby was his victim. The fact that so many of the people who see that only see it because they themselves were victims, myself included, is horrifying and heartbreaking.

Additionally if his parents helped him hide evidence- that would also constitute a crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean