Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #82

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how/why that was even included in there. OK, they just had a hunch he was guilty but without any WHY, the statement is completely useless.

I'm disappointed in the AA. The Prosecution has nothing. bM comes off as a complete jerk and despicable human being but without anything else this guy is walking. Which is a shame because his actions and his total lack of memory make him look guilty as hell but you can't put a guy in jail for that. The DA better triple it's efforts and try to find a body. Frustrating.
Her communications suddenly ceasing when he arrived home isn't nothing.

His activity in the driveway before he claims to have woke up isn't nothing.

Him being at both of the helmet and bike sites, isn't nothing.

Her phone shutting off forever right when he needed that to happen, isn't nothing.

His made up alibi, isn't nothing (it's damning).

His dumping trash in multiple locations, isn't nothing.

Chipmunks, Turkey, elk, mountain lions, deer; isn't nothing.

A staged crime scene, isn't nothing (bike, helmet).

His accounts changing with each telling, isn't nothing.

His dozens, and dozens a of lies, isn't nothing.

His inexplicable behavior, isn't nothing.

What was going on in that marriage, isn't nothing.

Motive, means, opportunity, isn't nothing.

It could literally be no one else.

I can't get over the fact that on the bottom of pg 64 The Accused was asking SA Harris (and I forgot who else was there) to keep Suzanne's affair private forever and The first bomb of the PH is that yeah she had an affair :D
Yeah and I hope a detective read the part to Barry where Suzanne said she had no pleasure in sex with him. And I hope they laughed.

I can't imagine this was the reason for withholding the AA. Because his wife was a virgin? Because one daughter admits there was turmoil in the relationship while another says there were no problems?
I'm sorry, none of that makes sense to me.
Bones? He publicly stated that he thought she was mauled (and completely devoured with NO evidence) by a mountain lion - even stated that LE saw one (which likely didn't happen).
She was abducted and god knows what they're doing to her - here's a reward offer/ransom. I can't imagine bones or drowning being crazy upsetting at that point.
If I were his daughter, I'd send him his facebook video pleading for his wife every day of my or his life, whichever life ended first.

There was nothing about any wives being virgins. It's MM1 (who is at Western Colo and is the only virgin there, according to Barry). Obviously, dad and daughter had a talk about her sex life at college (eww). Why he blurts that out to friends at dinner (did I misread?) is...well, very odd.

But the virgin in the story is his daughter, who is at a college where everyone else is not.

He's very proud of that.

He has stated many nightmarish proposals about what really happened to Suzanne, and frankly, so far, we have not much evidence of what did happen to her - except that Barry's actions are very suspicious on May 9-10. WHERE did he put her??

I'm also frustrated with LE's search attempts for her body. The places that sleuths here have mentioned - have they been searched? I believe the public has a right to know. And the fact they didn't clear log jams in the river (even after Barry is seen in a creek that flows into it) is so disappointing.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV
·

1h

On Dec. 16, 2020, CCSO Deputy received a tip from a person who wants to remain anonymous that her friend Shoshona Darke is intimately involved in a relationship with
#BarryMorphew. Darke denied having a romantic relationship with him the following day when asked by deputies.

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

·
1h

Shoshona Darke said, "she didn't know Suzanne but said a lot of people say I resemble her." On Feb. 12, 2021, she and #BarryMorphew checked into the Antler's Hotel in Colorado Springs with Morphew carrying her luggage and Darke holding a bouquet of flowers. Photo:Arrest Affidavit

Lauren Scharf
@LaurenScharfTV

·
1h

Replying to
@LaurenScharfTV
FBI installed a pole camera near Shoshona Darke's home from December 2020- April 2021. Arrest Affidavit states #BarryMorphew truck consistently coming and going and sometimes staying through the night. Darke said she met BM in October 2020 at the dumpster near Puma Path home.

*More on Lauren's Twitter.

*I will absolutely start listing the page numbers! Sorry about that! Didn't even think to do that.

BBM

IIRC, it was Shoshana Darke’s house in Poncha Speings where multiple LE vehicles were seen the same day Barry Morphew was arrested. Lauren’s tweet said Barry’s “friend” was unavailable to talk at the time.

JMO

Video from 5/5/21 at link:

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390097967613239297?s=21

Attachments

• E75C4DA8-5840-4E0E-9036-C4AE5AAA815B.jpeg
    E75C4DA8-5840-4E0E-9036-C4AE5AAA815B.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 31

Him being at both of the helmet and bike sites isn't nothing.

His made up alibi isn't nothing (it's damning).

His dumping trash in multiple locations isn't nothing.

A staged crime scene isn't nothing

His inexplicable behavior, isn't nothing.

How about them having steaks the night she was murdered and yet he can’t remember what kind of steaks? Oh and they had to eat those steaks out of one plate.
Barf.

I don't see how/why that was even included in there. OK, they just had a hunch he was guilty but without any WHY, the statement is completely useless.

I'm disappointed in the AA. The Prosecution has nothing. bM comes off as a complete jerk and despicable human being but without anything else this guy is walking. Which is a shame because his actions and his total lack of memory make him look guilty as hell but you can't put a guy in jail for that. The DA better triple it's efforts and try to find a body. Frustrating.
I'm unbelievably amazed that that's what you've garnered from that entire amount of information in the affidavit.
But yes, finding Suzanne's body should be their primary directive.

I can't imagine this was the reason for withholding the AA. Because his wife was a virgin? Because one daughter admits there was turmoil in the relationship while another says there were no problems?
I'm sorry, none of that makes sense to me.
Bones? He publicly stated that he thought she was mauled (and completely devoured with NO evidence) by a mountain lion - even stated that LE saw one (which likely didn't happen).
She was abducted and god knows what they're doing to her - here's a reward offer/ransom. I can't imagine bones or drowning being crazy upsetting at that point.
If I were his daughter, I'd send him his facebook video pleading for his wife every day of my or his life, whichever life ended first.

When did he say "completely devoured?" In the AA he pretty accurately describes how mountain lions behave (although there could have been more detail). He said "mountain lion carried her off," which is the plausible thing a mountain lion would do (they usually chew off a manageable hunk to take to their den, after eating their fill at the site).

One of the problems with Barry's mountain lion story was also that lions don't usually drag anyone far or uphill. They would usually go down into a drainage (like the creek area or any ravine). But the fact that the creeks and rivers weren't thoroughly searched (log jams still there?) should have led LE to omitting that line of evidence from AA, IMO.

A sexually unsatisfying marriage, with both partners spying on each other is what emerges.

How about them having steaks the night she was murdered and yet he can’t remember what kind of steaks? Oh and they had to eat those steaks out of one plate.
Barf.

What about the fact that he says she "looked drunk" and then later says it was a "good evening and they had good sex" because she wasn't drinking? Which one was it? (What a controlling guy, anyway).

I wouldn't be able to remember what kind of steaks I ate or cooked on any particular day. The one plate thing is weird - but hardly evidence of a crime.

I think, of course, that he cooked the steak after Suzanne was dead, and I think Suzanne was trending vegetarian (I wish they'd asked him that - there's SO much I wish they'd asked him back then, before he lawyered up - it's just, once again, so disappointing).

By adding it was her boyfriend (at the time) who is out there on old video claiming he called not her. My comment may be subject to the admins deleting my post because I can't link his video it's not an approved source. Hard to buy they both called.

I recall the cyclist reported he saw a strange vehicle on the bike trail that looked out-of-place (his account picked up MSM) whereas the witness in AA alleges she saw a strange vehicle in the PP subdivision, and that she phoned the tip-line.

I understand many of the homes near PP are AirBnb rentals so you'd think unusual vehicles would not be out of the ordinary, right? MOO

Finished reading the whole thing. My main takeaways:

1. This reads like a data dump. There is all sorts of stuff in there that isn't relevant to probable cause (though a lot of it is interesting to read for us). They spend multiple pages detailing the bobcat and his actions in changing the blade and how it could be used to dig holes to conceal things and how Barry had used it to bury things before. And then they say they checked the onboard sim card and it looks like it wasn't involved at all. Why include all the information about it in the AA then? It sort of reads like they thought it was involved initially, then they realized it wasn't, but they never took it out of the AA. Similarly lots of the interviews with friends and acquaintances are interesting and paint a picture of BM as a (to me at least) repulsive guy, but they're not directly relevant to the crime itself.

2. BM is a mega creep. He's sort of exactly how I imagined him: sexist, controlling, dumb, gross about his daughters. Predatory towards other women, etc. And thankfully he was dumb enough to repeatedly speak to LE. I think that will be what gets him convicted, maybe even of first degree murder. I feel pretty terrible for his daughters, especially the youngest who seems to have understood the state of the marriage pretty well. I can't imagine she doesn't have doubts now, but she's surrounded by people who believe in BM.

3. The first degree murder case is really not strong. I think they have him on the coverup and on being there when SM's communication stopped, which is probably enough to get murder two. But the evidence of what exactly happened and that there was preplanning seems very weak to me. There's no mention in the AA of him removing the game cameras on Saturday morning. So I wonder where that came from in the hearing on the 17th? The closest the AA has to that is him saying that the cameras were in the safe, but there's no mention of when they were put there. He says he doesn't usually have them up at this time of year. I think the best hope for a murder one conviction is that the jury believes he killed her and dislikes him enough to convict for the maximum.

And just in case it's useful to anyone else, here are the things that stood out to me while I was reading:

pg 21 fn 30: scratches appeared 'several days old' on may 13th.

pg 32: no telematics for 2007 Range Rover.

pg 32: In April 2021, FBI says telematics report on 2015 Range Rover aren't completed, despite receiving data a year earlier.

pg 32: Barry searched 'how to make a girl orgasm utube', '3rd base! My first handjob...' wtf?

pg 45: dna on dart cover was from SM and one of the daughters

pg 47: JP's story seems different than what he told to the press

pg 51: BO told LE he thinks Barry killed her.

pg 52: CS told LE (off recording) that he thinks Barry killed her.

pg 53 fn 55: Barry previously used backhoe to bury furniture and large sums of money.

pg 55: BM announced that MM1(?) was a virgin at a dinner with another couple he didn't know well. o_O

pg 55: Barry told AR he didn't think he would pass a polygraph.

pg 56: Barry scammed the guy who bought his business. (actually sold the business twice!)

pg 57: BM tried to seduce HW.

pg 76: AG told BM that it didn't look like the chipmunk gun had been fired in a long time. Was he telling the truth?

pg 79 fn 64: BM said he didn't have SM's phone passcode, but he did have her icloud password.

pg 97: all BM's cameras were in the safe. 'Never used cameras in hunting season.'

pg 102: BM says that SM changed her icloud and got her own apple id and password

pg 111: BM apparently texted SM a number of times between July and October of 2020. '...just an outlet for me to try and deal with my pain.' Possible that he thought LE had her phone?

pg 112: BM says he paid a lot of things out of the money. Some to GD. Doesn't recall what he did with the rest.

Him being at both of the helmet and bike sites, isn't nothing.

Her phone shutting off forever right when he needed that to happen, isn't nothing.

His made up alibi, isn't nothing (it's damning).

His dumping trash in multiple locations, isn't nothing.

A staged crime scene, isn't nothing (bike, helmet).

Barry killed Suzanne. I can't imagine a jury not seeing it for what it islHis inexplicable behavior, isn't nothing.

What about the fact that he says she "looked drunk" and then later says it was a "good evening and they had good sex" because she wasn't drinking? Which one was it? (What a controlling guy, anyway).

I wouldn't be able to remember what kind of steaks I ate or cooked on any particular day. The one plate thing is weird - but hardly evidence of a crime.

I think, of course, that he cooked the steak after Suzanne was dead, and I think Suzanne was trending vegetarian (I wish they'd asked him that - there's SO much I wish they'd asked him back then, before he lawyered up - it's just, once again, so disappointing).

Throughout the entire AA BM talks about his hunting. HUNTING, HUNTING, my guns, my cameras, it's all I have.

He is obsessed with the act of hunting and killing things IMO.

I also think it's ironic that a lot of people who have known BM from way back in IN didn't paint a very complimentary picture of him.
I think that they interviewed are those that called the tip line. My guess is the businessmen who had a beef with him called the tip line to tell their story. The judge referred to the anecdotal character information when he expressed his thoughts about this affidavit.

There was nothing about any wives being virgins. It's MM1 (who is at Western Colo and is the only virgin there, according to Barry). Obviously, dad and daughter had a talk about her sex life at college (eww). Why he blurts that out to friends at dinner (did I misread?) is...well, very odd.

But the virgin in the story is his daughter, who is at a college where everyone else is not.

He's very proud of that.
He is proud of his control over all v@g*nas in his house.

such a gross pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member