Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
This struck me as a 'cry for help', like my teens have a 'safe word' in case they are in a jam and need me to get to them. Gabby was in fear and was trying to alert her mother by texting something her mom would understand, but wasn't the usual way of doing it? JMHO
I feel the same. My sister had an arrangement with her daughters that if anything went wrong on a date or when out they were to call her and “ask if uncle Bill was there”. That meant they needed help.

I read one commentator that said the LE was using a good tactic by BROing him--If he had been very authoritarian, BL might have been more careful in what he said, more defensive. The BRO tactic might have been to get more information from him. I don't know if I buy that, but it's another explanation.
It was BL who actually made the first move sort of implying at the start . . . you know how women get (paraphrase) sort of comment.

35 hours drive, non stop. ~2400 miles. need to get gas about 6 times. i figure, 37-38 hours straight thru no sleep.

He would have had to leave no later than Aug. 30th at 9:30pm EDT or 7:30pm MDT.

Aug 30th 9:30pm EDT - Sept. 1st 10:30am EDT is about 37 hours.

Someone verify my math :)
Aug 29 9:30 pm to Sept 1 10:30 am is 61 hours.

There were several reports earlier of a BL sighting in AL. I don't know if they were ever verified.

Actually, going towards Alabama, Louisiana and the Texas coastal area would make sense for him. The only real way for him to stay on the lam is to find a job that pays in cash. After the last month of hurricanes in that area there are plenty of people that are looking for help to dig out their flooded homes. IMO, many would shell out cash for a young man willing to help with the heavy work.
JMO
Our local news at 6pm has a banner saying there are reported "sighting" on him in Tillman's Corner....near Mobile AL...

Last edited:
Ok, so the warrant for the hard drive indicates the van arrived in BL's hometown on 09/01 at 10:26am. Given that, /what is the mostly likely time he HAD to have left Spread Creek in order to get home?
I looked into this. The time frame is 35 hrs in usual traffic.

If he was jacked up with adrenaline (given the situation) he could have been pushing the speed limit and barely made stops. It could possibly shorten the trip. It's so hard to say.

If he took stops for short sleep, food, restroom, that has to be figured in.

If he was able to average 14 hrs a day at an average of 70 mph, and used 10 hrs for the stops, he could conceivably make the trip in about 2.5 days. Which means he could have left in the wee hours of 8/30.

I have commented once or twice in the 6 or 7 years I’ve been a member here, but check in daily and follow some cases more closely than others as usually appreciate most people’s input.

<modsnip>

I did want to point out 2 things.. first, in many pictures and videos, Brian is wearing flip flops almost so identical to Gabby’s it’s really impossible to tell if the flip flops outside the van were hers or his. Second.. In his last Instagram post, the photos appear to be taken with his cell phone propped somewhere as opposed to another person taking them. Where is the necklace he seemed to always have on? It’s missing in that post of photos and I’m wondering if that was something they found where Gabby was recovered.

If the Instagram datestamps are accurate, then his last post was 8/13. Gabby facetimed with her mother on 8/24 or 8/25 (I've seen both dates cited by MSM). And prior to that, she seems to be confirmed as checking out of a hotel on 8/24, and there were other reported communications with her parents by phone or facetime between 8/13 and 8/24.

I've stayed in the Bowen Motel several times. It's very basic and plain, but it's clean and safe. It's not a bad place to spend the night.

COPIED FROM SAFE HAVEN WEBSITE.....

hotel probably was not an option for GP, it would have been safehaven facility.

"We currently can house 8 women and children with an additional crib.

At this time, we cannot house men at our emergency shelter, but can provide hotel rooms in emergency situations."

If the choice was between staying alone in a van in the middle of nowhere or staying in a hotel room, I think GP would have made a rather easy choice of the hotel. Unfortunately, she wasn't given that choice but the officer did make it clear she should be grateful he wasn't throwing her in jail.

JMO

Correct info matters. LE tried to get her a free hotel room. They couldn't. She was responded to very sympathetically when she expressed her discomfort about having to drive very far in the van to camp.

I am right there with you. Many people are making definitive statements of what happened just from viewing one body cam, hearing a portion of a 911 call and reading the officer reports. Did we even get an officer report from the female LE who was on the scene? I'd also like to see the Christopher statement. And is there any store video footage of teh encounter?

It's been stated previously, the female officer is a park ranger and there is no report that has been released by them. The Christoper statement has been released. You'll probably find a link on the timeline. AFAIK, no store footage. There is also a 911 call that is released.

Note found on Brian Laundrie’s car after disappearance

The family of Brian Laundrie who vanished as authorities hunted for his girlfriend, Gabby Petito — found a note left on his car in Florida, their attorney told The Post on Monday.

Police left the notice on Laundrie’s Mustang, which his family found Wednesday parked near the Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County, according to attorney Steven Bertolino.

The note had asked for the car to be removed — but the family left the vehicle there until Thursday, hoping he’d return to it, Bertolino said.

Is this consistent with what the reporters hanging around his house said ?

Posting here in case someone missed it - because I did.
Here is the .pdf search warrant for the Laundry's house.
<ModSnip un-redacted document link>

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked into this. The time frame is 35 hrs in usual traffic.

If he was jacked up with adrenaline (given the situation) he could have been pushing the speed limit and barely made stops. It could possibly shorten the trip. It's so hard to say.

If he took stops for short sleep, food, restroom, that has to be figured in.

If he was able to average 14 hrs a day at an average of 70 mph, and used 10 hrs for the stops, he could conceivably make the trip in about 2.5 days. Which means he could have left in the wee hours of 8/30.

Would he want to get caught speeding though? I don't know, he doesn't seem the brightest bulb in the box in fairness but if I was in his shoes I certainly wouldn't want to be pulled over by the Cops while making that journey.

Absolutely possible. But keep in mind in history this was common and not even considered wrong. I won't say all our great great grandfathers did it, but odds are a number of them did. I know I never saw my father lift a finger to my mom but at a certain point in the past our ancestors did. So the good news is that this kind of viral inheratance ends in most people
Abuse isn't just physical. And it does perpetuate. On and on til someone stops the cycle. Children grow up watching/hearing these tactics and think its normal even if it was painful to observe. Some go on to model the same behavior.
Wasn't considered wrong, oh it was, just nothing was done about it. Most times tied down with children, no place to go. Put up or shut up basically.

The cops pulled them over because of speeding, and not a 911 call, is that correct? They may not have had the 911 info. However, I can't figure out how, during a 1+ hour stop, the 911 info would not have come to light.
It must have been answered already, I’m sure, but the 911 call led to the police tailing the van and Brian speeding. It’s all part of one sequence of events/incident.

Yeah, google says its 17 miles by road from the van to Culter Bay. That's not even a 8 hour road walk. Its even shorter cross country.
IMO if you're down in the sagebrush and trying to find your way, it might be easy to get lost. You'd see sagebrush and more sagebrush, with occasional clumps of trees. It might not be possible to stay oriented without a topo map and compass. I'm thinking BL was not up to this kind of cross country travel. That might be why he elected to hitch part way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven