Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the things took time to happen. That's not really spontaneous. At any rate, it seems like if she is that terrified of him, the antagonistic nature of her actions would have registered at some point.
Antagonistic = BL's physical assault on Gabby which was so extreme that a total stranger stopped to call police 911 on BL.

I realize they might be well-meaning, but I wish people wouldn't mark up the wilderness like that. It is disrespectful to others. This is a country with folks from many religions and private points of view, and this is land that belongs to everybody. In addition, many of our public lands were sacred sites belonging to Native Americans.

Marking public land with symbols is considered vandalism; rangers and volunteers have to spend a lot of energy removing them. I was at one campsite on Cape Cod where someone had carved crosses into about 10 trees on the site where I camped. The rangers planned on tracking down the most recent occupants.

Maybe cut flowers would be an appropriate memento to mark Gabby's passing, something that, even if not strictly "no trace" as required, nature would make to disappear in the course of time.

This "leave no trace" ethic when you're in the wilderness. ....You don't leave signs that you've been there. You don't create hardship for creatures who live there (e.g. by moving rocks).

If anyone is curious about the "leave no trace" principles on public lands, here is the National Park statement on moving natural objects:
  • Leave What You Find
    • Preserve the past: examine, photograph, but do not touch cultural or historic structures and artifacts.
    • Leave rocks, plants and other natural objects as you find them.
    • Avoid introducing or transporting non-native species.
    • Do not build structures, furniture, or dig trenches.
  • Source: Leave No Trace Seven Principles (U.S. National Park Service)
Perhaps I seem mean-spirited, but those rocks on the river bed belong to the universe, not to one person, not to one event.
Well those rocks in the shape of a cross belong to Gabby for now. When the creek swells the rocks will be covered with water or be moved along by nature. No permanent scarring of the area is done. BTW, people urinate and defecate in the wildness all the time and have for 1000’s of years. It’s still a beautiful natural environment.

Yes. It's a really effective move, and I've seen it used a lot. It looks bad on camera of course, but I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he was doing.

that buddy stuff got him to say "because she's crazy?" when they asked him is she was on medication. Which I have seen many people say was "proof" that he was an emotional abuser. So I think it worked in that case.

No, no one called 911 when she was trying to get back in the van she owned and get back the phone she owned. The 911 call came because the caller said that there was a male slapping a female and chasing to slap her, he then got into HER van with HER phone and locked her out.
The Christopher witness only saw that part, he was not the 911 caller. BL created the initial scene where 911 were called.
When the 911 call was made is not the point. It's the whole series of her actions that are not consistent with the 'scared victim' scenario.

Has anyone seen yet whether the instagram live video on the boat has been verified (linked a few pages back from a twitter post)? I saw some initial debate over whether it was BL's actual account. So sorry if this was discussed and I missed it.

I think it all happened right there, but she was running away from him, and he caught up to her and killed her.
I don't believe the van was at a "spot".
JMO

I agree. I think Gabby may have said she was going to tell someone that he was being abusive. Or said something that he took as a threat and he decided to shut her up permanently.

There's no way to be sure that a hiking trail isn't rugged from Google maps. You need a topo to show that it was flat.

Or you can do what I did and look at the google street view along the snake river and then ask people here who may know how easy it would be to actually hike through that country.

IMO they just want to limit the Laundrie’s amount of “getaway” cars in case Brian finds his way back to the house.

They must have had a legitimate and judge-approved legal reason for taking the vehicle. I don't believe they can just take it because they want to.

I don't suppose that we have seen the authorised FBI search warrant yet.

Has anyone seen that the title for the added playlist called “ selfconsumption” has now been removed? Album is still there but the title has been removed??

This is the part I'm struggling with. By the time she's talking to LE, she's already done all of the other things (hit him, scratched him, made a scene to the point that someone called 911) that, in your scenario, should have made him plenty angry. What's so much more egregious about telling LE what "really" happened?
It is very clear from the audio released they saw him slapping her, him chasing her down the sidewalk “hitting her some more”. You don’t think she had reason to fear it would escalate? Read up on those being abused, her behavior was classic/textbook by someone being abused. You don’t think she had reason to fear the violence would escalate? I don’t know how you can still think that, per finding her dead, it looks like she was right to fear him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa