Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize they might be well-meaning, but I wish people wouldn't mark up the wilderness like that. It is disrespectful to others. This is a country with folks from many religions and private points of view, and this is land that belongs to everybody. In addition, many of our public lands were sacred sites belonging to Native Americans.

Marking public land with symbols is considered vandalism; rangers and volunteers have to spend a lot of energy removing them. I was at one campsite on Cape Cod where someone had carved crosses into about 10 trees on the site where I camped. The rangers planned on tracking down the responsible parties, since they had registration information, license ##'s, etc.

Maybe cut flowers would be an appropriate memento to mark Gabby's passing, something that, even if not strictly "no trace" as required, nature would make to disappear in the course of time.

This "leave no trace" ethic when you're in the wilderness. ....You don't leave signs that you've been there. You don't create hardship for creatures who live there (e.g. by moving rocks).

If anyone is curious about the "leave no trace" principles on public lands, here is the National Park statement on moving natural objects:
  • Leave What You Find
    • Preserve the past: examine, photograph, but do not touch cultural or historic structures and artifacts.
    • Leave rocks, plants and other natural objects as you find them.
    • Avoid introducing or transporting non-native species.
    • Do not build structures, furniture, or dig trenches.
  • Source: Leave No Trace Seven Principles (U.S. National Park Service)
Perhaps I seem mean-spirited, but those rocks on the river bed belong to the universe, not to one person, not to one event.
It was possibly a murder investigation.
They weren't day trippers.

I think it was a sloppy mistake on BL's part and that's why her mom was on high alert. Grandpa Stan may have been calling and texting Gabby at mom's request because she couldn't get ahold of Gabby. Caller ID would show his name and phone # so that's what BL used when he contacted Gabby's mom. In his haste, I doubt he realized "Stan Doe" was Grandpa.

IMO the text has an exasperated/annoyed tone. Messed up

I think it all happened right there, but she was running away from him, and he caught up to her and killed her.
I don't believe the van was at a "spot".

In my mind, there was no dramatic run/chase. As more and more comes to light it seems like they both may have antagonized the other, maybe because of the stress of the trip and being alone together so much. This could have started out as just another photo opportunity or similar and turned into another spontaneous, heated argument that ended with her being accidentally killed when he pushed her away and she fell and hit her head.

After that, everything else he did was probably out of panic and thinking of ways to stall the inevitable.

DailyMail.com exclusively found the location where Gabby’s transit van was filmed by a Youtuber on August 27th at the Spread Creek campsite. The remains were found not far from where the van was photographed.

The location was found Monday just minutes after law enforcement left the campground around 5:40 p.m. and opened it back up to the public. The campground had been closed to the public since last Saturday.

A DailyMail reporter found a pink ribbon tied the bushes near where the van was parked on the side of the road.

Investigators left pink marker tape where the couple's van was seen in a YouTube video and more pink marker tape by the cross. There also were red markers in a large circle around the area where investigators had been working.

There were markings with orange paint on several rocks and trees surrounding the cross.

The orange paint on the dead trees was still wet. Near the makeshift cross, a pink ribbon was tied to a dead tree. That pink ribbon was the same type found where Gabby’s transit van was filmed by the YouTuber.

48176455-10011415-image-a-35_1632194605772.jpg

DailyMail reporter found a pink ribbon tied the bushes near where the van was parked on the side of the road
48176615-10011415-image-a-29_1632194574601.jpg

48176605-10011415-image-a-33_1632194595778.jpg

There were markings with orange paint on several rocks and trees surrounding the cross

Stones arranged in cross pattern found at campsite where authorities may have found Gabby Petito | Daily Mail Online

JMO

I agree. I think Gabby may have said she was going to tell someone that he was being abusive. Or said something that he took as a threat and he decided to shut her up permanently.

Women are killed daily trying to leave abusive relationships. She wouldn’t even have to be about to tell anyone to be in danger. Just trying to leave is danger enough in these scenarios.

I was just thinking about how the Stan thing was alarming to Gabby's mom, & how we're discussing if he accidentally called the grandpa Stan instead of what she called him (referring to the theory that he may have forged that text).

I remembered an old FF where a police officer arranged for a break-in to try & make his wife afraid of where they were living, so she would agree to move to another town so he could be chief there. The people he hired botched it, & killed her. On the 911 call, he literally said, *omg, I gotta talk to _____* (the person it turned out he hired). He really blurted out the guy's name he hired to do the hit. And he was a cop! I think if you've just murdered or had someone murdered, it must be beyond impossible to think straight, & I could see this happening with grandpa's name. MOO.

This is not how it was reported - "extreme" by anyone. If fact, "Christopher", an onsite witness (I do not believe the 911 caller) who was interviewed by the police and statement written into the Police report described the dispute/disturbance which conicided with how Brian and Gabby described the incident when seperated during the police bodycam footage.

I don't know about you, but if I see an adult strike another adult I call the police. There's no threshold of "extreme" required.

DailyMail.com exclusively found the location where Gabby’s transit van was filmed by a Youtuber on August 27th at the Spread Creek campsite. The remains were found not far from where the van was photographed.

The location was found Monday just minutes after law enforcement left the campground around 5:40 p.m. and opened it back up to the public. The campground had been closed to the public since last Saturday.

A DailyMail reporter found a pink ribbon tied the bushes near where the van was parked on the side of the road.

Investigators left pink marker tape where the couple's van was seen in a YouTube video and more pink marker tape by the cross. There also were red markers in a large circle around the area where investigators had been working.

There were markings with orange paint on several rocks and trees surrounding the cross.

The orange paint on the dead trees was still wet. Near the makeshift cross, a pink ribbon was tied to a dead tree. That pink ribbon was the same type found where Gabby’s transit van was filmed by the YouTuber.

48176455-10011415-image-a-35_1632194605772.jpg

DailyMail reporter found a pink ribbon tied the bushes near where the van was parked on the side of the road
48176615-10011415-image-a-29_1632194574601.jpg

48176605-10011415-image-a-33_1632194595778.jpg

There were markings with orange paint on several rocks and trees surrounding the cross

Stones arranged in cross pattern found at campsite where authorities may have found Gabby Petito | Daily Mail Online
I can’t believe they’d allow people in the vicinity of an alleged crime scene while the paint was still wet. Un-freakin-real.

“No service in Yosemite,” the message read – but Schmidt had previously told The Post she didn’t believe her daughter sent the text because the van was back in North Port, Fla. by Sept. 1.
RSBM

Just noting the alleged Yosemite text message was an 'exclusive' from the Daily Fail...er Mail. So it doesn't surprise me at all that it may turn out to be misinformation.

I hate to link to the DM, but this is just to verify it was an 'exclusive'
Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

Gabby Petito Case Live Updates: Hours before autopsy, Laundrie attorney scraps presser to protect client "interest"

A press conference of Brian Laundrie's attorney, set to occur just hours before a completed autopsy on what's believed to be Gabby Petito's body, has been cancelled.

However, when asked why he canceled his Tuesday morning press conference, Laundrie's attorney, Steven Bertolino, said that it was "Just not in my clients' best interest," according to WTSP reporter Shannon Clowe.

Earlier on Monday, Clowe noted that Bertolino had told her, "Don't expect any bombshells" at the now-cancelled press conference.

This is not how it was reported - "extreme" by anyone. If fact, "Christopher", an onsite witness (I do not believe the 911 caller) who was interviewed by the police and statement written into the Police report described the dispute/disturbance which conicided with how Brian and Gabby described the incident when seperated during the police bodycam footage.

I don't know about you, but if I see an adult strike another adult I call the police. There's no threshold of "extreme" required.
So the Mustang was in the driveway Wed night .. I thought the parents went to pick it up Thurs at the Reserve?

I have grave suspicions about the parents, but I'm willing to guess that the lawyer screwed up the days. He gave the statement, not them.

They hold a crime scene until they are done processing it, and then they leave. That's just how it goes.
I just thought it would take a little longer than a day to process given how much ground there was to cover us all. But I suppose it’s a good sign for it to have wrapped up quickly. Perhaps much of what they needed was all in one place.

I guess I thought it would take longer than a day to process given how much ground there was to cover. But I suppose it’s a good sign for it to have wrapped up quickly. Perhaps much of what they needed was all in one place.

Yes, that wasn't long at all. I'm guessing she was largely intact. I also think she was dumped there, as opposed to actually being murdered there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn