Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
WFLA just stated that a TFR (temporary flight restriction) was issued in the same area that they are searching for BL in. No aircrafts allowed except for first responders. Could be something could be nothing.

A few thoughts (and questions)

do we know what time on the 27th the “Stan” text was sent? We have the time stamp on the YouTuber van video… the evening of the 27th - was the text before or after that?

I think she did send the Stan text. Maybe something was wrong, or she was out of it for one reason or another - but I don’t see the point in BL sending a message like that. He lived with her long enough to presumably know what she called her grandparents… and if he didn’t know who “Stan” was (and didn’t know he was family) - why would he know to text her mother to ask for assistance?

I think she died late on the 27th or some time on the 28th. I have no real theories about what happened - other than I don’t see it being anything planned - but rather, something spontaneous - induced either by some kind of episode or some other kind of mind-altering situation. For now, I’m leaving open the possibility of an accidental death for which BL could have been (or thought he could have been) held responsible. I won’t get into specifics here, but I have a few in mind (not likely, but possible).

I do not think he was picked up by the tiktok people - I think they are mistaken as to identity (much like the Idaho sighting). If he was picked up by a couple, he would be in the back seat. Presumably the FBI has by now looked for physical evidence (fingerprints, hair, dna) to verify whether he was there or not. Either way, the story is odd and the details don’t quite make sense to me. Not ruling it out, but that’s how I’m currently leaning.

Why is the 8/30 text message not mentioned in the warrant? Is it bc they don’t think she sent it herself, or is it bc it’s not verified that such a text was ever sent? I do NOT think she sent it - and this one (to me) seems like just a way to buy some time.

the warrant says her phone was turned off on 9/1. That means someone either turned it off (physically) or it ran out of power. I am anxiously awaiting the electronic/phone data, which is obviously a key part of this.

That trip back to florida… Haven’t heard much in the way of official mention by LE… they aren’t asking for people who saw him traveling, etc - which could mean they know it didn’t happen, or they know it’s true (that he went to move stuff in or out of storage, verified by airline records etc, and it’s not relevant), or…?

BBM. The phone. I missed that in the SW that her phone was turned off Sept. 1. Could they be searching in the Preserve for her phone and other possible evidence he may have dumped…possibly even that Sept 1 morning before returning home?

Seems incredibly stupid, considering he had a million other places along the way to get rid of stuff…but we already know he’s not exactly the smartest creature in the forest.

This reminds me a bit of that. But I believe Brian is no survivalist and wouldn't last in the wilderness. If he is in hiding in that reserve, he will be found dead if at all, imo...

I've been watching History Channel's "Alone" series, so that obviously makes me a survivalist expert (LOL KIDDING). It does, however, give some indication of what sort of things he would need to survive by himself out there: food, water, shelter, fire.

For food, in "Alone," they tend to set up fishing nets and trap lines, and many of them bring bows, since they aren't allowed firearms. Foraging only provides so many calories, and eventually, the body uses up its fat stores. BL wouldn't be hunting with firearms there -- the sound would draw too much attention -- and the vegetation looks too thick to hunt well with a bow. Plus, he seems like a pretty lean guy -- not many fat stores to use up.

If he really is out there (which, for the record, I don't think is the most likely scenario), he's going to be SUPER hungry by now. Or maybe someone's been finding a way to drop off food for him? I hope they're carefully watching all roads in after dark.

MOO.

Last edited:
I really can't get my head around what he was doing out there near where her body was found.

I'm reading a lot of things on these threads from people thinking he's some master planner, strategically trying to throw people off his scent by creating fake alibies, hitchhiking multiple times, driving 2400 miles in 36 hours, lawyering up immediately without saying a word to anyone, slipping out in the dead of night to leave his house, and evading capture with all of 2021's technology looking for him....so here's something to consider:

Why did he leave her body out in the open, uncovered, 100% would have been found within a short period of time, when he had a literal body transport vehicle they were living in? If he really was as smart as you people think he would have put the body in the van, drove it somewhere that they WERE NOT, in a different state, and left it there, pushed it into a body of water, something. A "sociopath" wouldn't mind a few hours of driving around with a body in a van right, for self preservation? To me it looks like he put ZERO effort into covering up what he supposedly did.

So how do you reconcile his genius master plan with leaving her body there? Makes no sense. Something happened to her, but I honestly do not think he purposefully hurt her. Something does not add up. Get out your pitchforks again, I know, have at it.
He is not a genius. IMO he was acting in panic during his time at Spread Creek. But now he has a plan. We'll see if he's that much of a mastermind.

I was finally able to find a picture where he is wearing those larger sandals that were sitting outside of their tent in one picture and outside of the van in the last picture that we have of their camp grounds

Attachments

• 65250A89-AEDF-4E8D-B444-C006C59A2CE8.jpeg
    65250A89-AEDF-4E8D-B444-C006C59A2CE8.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 129
Hello everyone. Like many, I've been following this heartbreaking story.
If this article is credible, which I think it is, Gabby was either impaired or deceased by Aug. 26, never making it to Teton National Park alive. My apologies if it has already been posted and discussed, as I can't seem to keep up with this thread.

Gabby Petito case: What one witness saw near the Tetons may help FBI unravel mystery

... Schultz said she saw the van on Aug. 26, when she and her Blue Heeler, Rosie, were headed to a dispersed campsite to meet with Schultz’s friends. As Schultz pulled around the van, she decided to check out who was inside to see if they were people who would want to chat or join their group...
Schultz said that what was unusual about the van during the second sighting was that there were no indications that anyone was camping there — and it was not in a designated parking spot. Normally, parked campers will do things like put out a hammock or table, or open a window, Schultz said.

Based on the video on their Nomadic Statik youtube channel, they didn't seem to use the van to live in or sleep, they would sleep in a tent and do most things outside of the van. The van was just used for travel/storage. There was no bed in the back of it, just a makeshift area to sit on. It's possible they walked away from the van with their tent and other items and camped away from it.

Seeing the postcards is incredibly sad. Gabby thought these people loved her and nothing could have been further from the truth.

Did BL’s sister release them for attention? I hope her motives were better than that and that she did it to show what a loving person Gabby was.

moo

Cassie might have cared for her. We don't know yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53