Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes worrying.

Can you confirm though, I'm in the UK and our mobiles have this feature but are cell phones in the US the same, do they allow you to block a number?
so once blocked, no calls or text messages from that number can get through to your phone.

The only innocent explanation I can think of for the Laundries not answering or responding to text messages from Gabby's parents early on, is that their numbers were blocked and so the calls and text messages did not come through.
If this is possible then they could have been unaware they were trying to get hold of them and BL could have spun some 'we broke up, Gabby met some new people to travel with but said I could take the van to get home' excuse?

Obviously the silence afterwards is another matter but they could well have been told to keep quiet from then on

MOO

Hence the significance of the pattern. Even when we know for a fact they were aware of the situation, they sat back and did nothing.

That removed any plausible deniability as I see it.

Please-tell me what he could have said that wouldn’t somehow sound like “I killed Gabby, left her body in the woods and drove off with a van that belongs to her” to his parents. Especially once Gabby’s mother tried to reach them, over and over again

I don't believe this is what he told them, but ok, a theoretical reply. Everyone keeps saying it was Gabby's van, and it was titled in her name, but he was the primary driver, they were using it as the staple of their online brand , & they were allegedly engaged. Its entirely possible his parents saw the van as essentially joint property.

What he could have told them (theoretically) was that they were taking a break from each other and she was off on a side van adventure with a friend she'd met up on the road. And she told him she didn't want her parents to know because they would worry.....

Yah. Nah. Not even in theory. ;)

Definitely there is a discrepancy there. It seems most people are choosing to believe one MSM over another (as ABC7 says the car was picked up from the reserve on Thursday).

Some of us are hovering in the middle, until (if) we have some official police confirmation of exactly what happened.

It’s not just one media outlet vs another. It came up on the boards as soon as the statement from the lawyer came out (it is his contention, BTW, and ABC is just reporting what HE said). Everyone was all like, WTF, the car was there on Wed. If you look through all the media in the media thread, you can find date stamped photos I think in the Daily Mail clearly showing the Mustang there on Wed. I am going to say IMHO because there is no way I am going to search all these threads, but I do think maybe Oviedo posted a side by side with date stamped pictures proving that this lawyer got his days wrong, or, in my opinion, LIED to make it look a little less suspicious.

And I

And I believe they misled police to the preserve they are looking for him in. MOO

BL is 23 years old and Gabby has been living with BL and his parents most likely know him and how he is with her. This is no surprise to them. Perhaps, just speculating that it is not new behavior or it is behavior in other members of the family. MOO. They have probably been covering for him for a long time. MOO. Their instinct is to protect BL and their statement about prayers for Gabby are stone-cold or were written by the attorney.

regarding her being in a toxic relationship (posted this but it got stuck in quotes somewhere) and gas lighting behaviors. . .

At 23 do we even understand relationships, people stay with people because they become convinced no one else will love them. I didn't learn what gas lighting was until i was 50. I don't think when you are knee deep in it, and far away from home, your perspective is in check. And even as she said 'it's my fault'. . that is hard to hear, she was protective of him to some degree. JMO

As expected, there aren’t many butterflies at this time of year in Grand Teton. But I finally saw one today, on a beautiful hiking trail above Jenny Lake. I hope Gabby saw some of the magnificence of this park before her life was ripped away.

This butterfly pic is for you Gabby.
F1EE5832-9CBD-42AD-9C36-3EA56E26399F.png 83151A3F-51AC-419E-A085-E610A1DCAD71.jpeg

I wasn't referring to the spray paint. There's a dark brown spot next to one of the marks.

Referring to this - beneath the 16
j6XXJUG

ETA: not sure why it won't show up
j6XXJUG

It's so sad. It takes on average seven times of trying to leave before a victim leaves because of how dangerous it is. It's truly terrifying.
yes. you have to have a plan... a place to go... money saved.... safety considered
I got out, but it took about 3 months of planning with my family and friends to make sure I would be safe and have no reason to go back. poor gabby had no where else to go with the van she couldn't drive back.

So in your imagination, how do you explain Gabby's parents sending the Laundries messages that the children (both Gabby and Brian) aren't returning any calls and Gabby's parents are worried that something has happened to both Brian and Gabby?

There is no valid or reasonable explanation for BL's parents behaviour IMO.

Yes
Yes worrying.

Can you confirm though, I'm in the UK and our mobiles have this feature but are cell phones in the US the same, do they allow you to block a number?
so once blocked, no calls or text messages from that number can get through to your phone.

The only innocent explanation I can think of for the Laundries not answering or responding to text messages from Gabby's parents early on, is that their numbers were blocked and so the calls and text messages did not come through.
If this is possible then they could have been unaware they were trying to get hold of them and BL could have spun some 'we broke up, Gabby met some new people to travel with but said I could take the van to get home' excuse?

Obviously the silence afterwards is another matter but they could well have been told to keep quiet from then on

MOO

Yes, numbers can be blocked. My interpretation is GP parents were calling BL and BL parent number with no answer, blocked or ignored.

regarding her being in a toxic relationship (posted this but it got stuck in quotes somewhere) and gas lighting behaviors. . .

At 23 do we even understand relationships, people stay with people because they become convinced no one else will love them. I didn't learn what gas lighting was until i was 50. I don't think when you are knee deep in it, and far away from home, your perspective is in check. And even as she said 'it's my fault'. . that is hard to hear, she was protective of him to some degree. JMO
I bet her mother and friend are going to learn a lot about DV from this. Even her friend's comments in the Daily Mail stated he was controlling, and she saw the red flags, but IMO, it didn't seem like she (the friend) understood, "wow, this is domestic violence" or the severity of the situation. This highlights the need for more education on abusers and abuser behavior. They are dangerous people.

Just jumping off your post .... I looked up their lawyer last night, to see what his professional experience is. He covers almost all segments of law. Real estate, business, civil and commercial litigation, personal injury.

His criminal case experience amounts to:
  • DWI and Narcotics Violations
  • Burglary & Larceny
  • Rape & Sexual Offenses
  • Assault & Battery
  • Trespass & Disorderly Conduct
  • Traffic Offenses – Suspended Licenses
The East Islip Law Offices of Steven P. Bertolino, P.C.

He may be in over his head on this case.

Do we know if he is even allowed to practice in FL or will he need to be admitted pro hac vice if they decide to stick with this attorney (which I think would be a bad idea!)

IIRC, BL's parents initially said BL would be at Clayton Reserve because he liked to go there. Then they took K9s that picked up his scent.

If BL liked Clayton Reserve and spent a decent amount of time there, it stands to reason he may have had a favorite spot. Or he had made/found a little hiding spot. We know he left with a backpack - but maybe he had more. Maybe he's holed up in this secluded spot he found long ago with 2 weeks of food/water and other necessities. That doesn't seem like a huge stretch to me. Unless there's literally nowhere on there not infested with gators.
I have a hard time believing he spent time there during this past week- we have had flooding, lightening and rain for days on end here in Florida and Northport has had it as bad. I spent an hour outside trying to clear some overgrown weeds and between the heat, humidity, bugs and muck (from the rain) I couldn’t finish. If he’s out there he’s hanging in a hammock or something because that swamp is nasty- your idea of a pre-planned spot is the only thing that makes sense to me if he’s still there
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member