Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

Super sorry if this had been discussed. Just after a quick answer to my query. I was watching the body cam footage and BL said they were on the road for 3 to 4 months but they set off in July and the camp footage was August 12. Was there any info to explain the discrepancy? Or was it from when they left Long Island?

Sooo sorry, I'm just confused here.

Someone was asking earlier about the timing of the lawyering up. I've been looking at some timelines and it does appear as though the Laundries organized a lawyer for BL sometime before September 11th.

My interpretation of events as can be gleaned from the timeline reports:

On September 11th, Gabby's family place a missing report at Suffolk County NY police department at 6:55 p.m.

Police visit the Laundrie residence late that evening. They are met at the door, not allowed to see Brian, handed the lawyer's contact information instead and told to speak to him.

They do regain possession of Gabby's van that night, though, and remove it from the residence.

A timeline of 22-year-old Gabby Petito's case

Gabby Petito timeline: Everything we know about the Florida woman's disappearance | abc7ny.com

Timeline of Gabby Petito's road trip and death

So I do think it is pretty clear they had to know something was up, to have already engaged a lawyer to handle the police when they first approached.
I am not convinced that they knew how bad things really were until gabbys mom started calling. It’s possible as we have previously discussed that BL was already gone at that point. Possibly as early as Tuesday the 7th (since mom didn’t specify which Tuesday he went hiking and no one that I can see asked specifically for the date).

@r_craig93 yes, I totally agree with this - what he did before gives us clues about what he might be doing now. The one thing I can't figure out is what is he doing for food. He may have left with a full pack and had one or more caches set up by his parents, in which case he could be just fine still. But eventually, he's going to run out. Of course, he could be doing the exact opposite too, and heading to say NYC or somewhere urban where he can blend in and survive easier.

Isnt it possible that he spent some time between Sept 1 and Sept 11 setting up a makeshift spot in this park with supplies, etc. I don't know if we've really discussed that, but he had quite a bit of time before LE was watching IMO.

I’m wondering if Brian took her phone and read all her texts to her mother and whoever else she was communicating with.

He’d see her telling people how tense things were and the responses. She may have been indicating that she was done and was going to break up with him. If she were my daughter I would have encouraged that. The entire back and forth could have enraged him.

I’m not sure it takes much to set BL off but that could certainly be the final stressor and boom here we are.

MOO

I agree. I don’t think the feds are just doing a superfluous search in this reserve. I think they are looking for his body and have good reason to believe he is in this reserve and is likely dead.

That's the only reason I can think of as to why there is not an fbi wanted. I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't have one. They have more info than any of us and in my frustraion it just gets to me why that wouldn't. I'm past speculating details , just want him found alive.

Isnt it possible that he spent some time between Sept 1 and Sept 11 setting up a makeshift spot in this park with supplies, etc. I don't know if we've really discussed that, but he had quite a bit of time before LE was watching IMO.
Yes for sure. Or he/they could have set up something in another wilderness area, throwing LE off by telling them BL went to hike here.

I was rereading the timeline at the beginning of each thread and I forgot there's mention that Gabby's uncle posts that on 27 Aug there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone. Is that something that can be programmed to post at a certain time? If not, it seems we know she was still alive on the 27th.
Why would Gabby's UNCLE post that there was a snapchat between her and friend on the 27th? Has the friend verified that the snapchat took place? What time? jmo

I have wondered if we haven't heard about or seen any camera footage is because the FBI is leading this case? I just can't imagine with all of the available security cameras that they don't have *some* form of information confirming that he went to the reserve. I know when local police (meaning, local to me) run an investigation all sorts of information gets leaked into the public, but maybe since the FBI is in charge, they are tighter-lipped?

Definitely. Plus, if they find BL and it goes to trial, it will be federal so we'll get very little info on that either.

If that's true, I'm rather surprised that there hasn't been an official 'announcement' to consider Laundrie possibly armed, and dangerous. And to not approach him. But, frankly, communication and clarity (from absolutely everyone involved) have not been hallmarks of this entire matter.
Where would he have gotten a gun? There was some discussion around 10 threads ago or more, about how he couldn't have brought a gun with him from his quick trip to Florida, because of airport security and all. Where/how would he have gotten a gun after arriving back in SLC? Doesn't seem possible.

Perhaps karma is being served for breakfast at the Laundrie house this morning. Are these people sitting there wondering where their child is, who could they call or text to see if he's ok? Kind of like when the Pepito family was calling and texting them and they wouldn't pick up or respond? Only they have a few million people trying to help them find their son. Gabby's family had...them. This behaviour leads me to ask why? Why didn't they pick up? If their son gave them some story or lied about her whereabouts, or if he said she dumped him or that they broke up, wouldn't they pick up and say what have you heard? What's going on with our kids? Wouldn't his mom call Gabby and ask honey, what happened? She lived with her for 2 years! WHY wouldn't they answer their pleas for information? I think the only answer is they knew what happened. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, I think they were avoiding her family and buying him time to get away. We are not supposed to sleuth them but perhaps that would give more insight to where he is if he isn't in the park. Who do they know, where does distant family live, do they have other properties and homes, offshore bank accounts, things that he has access to etc. I hope the FBI is doing this and I hope it leads to him soon.

He could be squatting in a snowbird’s home.

Right before I read this, I was wondering about that-but also wondered if people who don’t live in their Florida home full-time, have some sort of camera system set up, to avoid the whole squatter issue that can sometimes happen in remote wooded cabins? Does anyone know what people typically do?

What really did it for me is the video of her making breakfast - she says “Brian is doing some yoga” she hesitated before she said that. He is clearly not doing yoga - he is sitting there. And then she whispers into the camera “I’m going to steal some of his granola”. Within a few seconds of her saying that he is like right next to her looking over her shoulder and pacing in the background . Odd. Something right there from that interaction alone gave me a bad vibe about him….

The way he paces around with his hands behind his back. What guy does that? It's like he's never comfortable wherever he is.

Hey guys!

Super sorry if this had been discussed. Just after a quick answer to my query. I was watching the body cam footage and BL said they were on the road for 3 to 4 months but they set off in July and the camp footage was August 12. Was there any info to explain the discrepancy? Or was it from when they left Long Island?

Sooo sorry, I'm just confused here.
Personally I think he exaggerated to try to gain more sympathy from the officers with his total BS story that his crazy girlfriend went off on him. They are so stressed because they've been on the road sooooo long when in fact, it wasn't that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?