Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think we should be so quick to discount the deer cam photo as authorities did not specifically say it wasnt him and his weight could easily have increased. In fact, I think it's one of the best ways he could disguise himself. The last photo we have of him is over a month old and he was living on melons. Living with the parents he could have quite easily put on 20-30 pounds in a month, especially if he was underweight from melon fasts.

I also wouldnt expect he'd dress like he usually does if he's on the run and trying to hide. Certainly would take some of his dad's clothes which could make him appear older as well.

If he was in the Carlton Reserve, I think a helicopter with a heat-seeking camera would've picked him up in there by now.

I'm a great believer that he was caught on the Deer Trail Cam in Baker, FL which is 500 miles north.
The man in the footage looks just like him, especially the ears.
The man in the footage also does NOT look like a hunter, and it was taken at 06.14hrs. I think he was up early and carrying on with his running away.

This guy has at least 30 pounds on him compared to BL, probably more. BL is extremely skinny.

Gabby Petito: Cops zero in again on Carlton Reserve in search for Brian Laundrie: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Gabby Petito’s parents to issue statement after her body returns to New York, uncle says

Gabby Petito’s uncle, Steve, tells Fox News on Wednesday that her parents will be issuing a statement when her body arrives home from Wyoming.

The development comes as the Teton County coroner tells Fox News’ Jeremy Copas that the 22-year-old's remains are still in his possession as forensic testing remains ongoing, including microscopic and toxicology examinations.

The coroner said the test results could be coming back in the next few days or weeks.

However, Petito’s body will not be given back to her family until the FBI allows it, the coroner added.

….

Gabby’s uncle calls law firm representing Laundrie ‘disgusting'

Steve Petito is speaking out on Instagram Wednesday against the law firm representing Brian Laundrie’s family, saying “we don’t require nor want your empathy” and “by you trying to show compassion here at this moment is beyond disgusting.”

Petito made the comments in reaction to a statement Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertoloni gave to Fox News yesterday, in which the lawyer said “May Gabby Rest in Peace.”

“As far as the law is concerned this law firm may be immune due to attorney/client privilege,” Steve Petito wrote.

“But in the eyes of the public you are as guilty and complicit with this massive cover-up and stalling tactic,” he added, without elaborating.

Dogs being deployed in Carlton Reserve search for Brian Laundrie

The North Port Police Department has released images of dogs being deployed this morning as the resumed effort to locate Brian Laundrie within the Carlton Reserve enters its second day.

Authorities first searched the sprawling, rugged terrain for Laundrie over the weekend before pausing on Monday and resuming yesterday.

A coroner on Tuesday ruled Gabby Petito's death as a homicide, while Laundrie -- whose current whereabouts are unknown -- remains a person of interest.

Carlton Reserve group says 8 to 10 trail cameras are currently inside area

The Friends of the Carlton Reserve, a nonprofit that describes itself as being "in support of one of Sarasota County's natural lands," tells Fox News' Stephanie Pagones that it has 8 to 10 trail cameras currently deployed in the area to "monitor wildlife.

"The locations of the cameras are kept secure and are not used for security purposes," the group wrote in an email. "Until recently we kept a continuous database that accumulated over 17,000 still images whose data were entered to include date, time, location, species, and other information relevant to the tally."

The group would not comment on whether they have provided any material captured by the cameras to law enforcement. Investigators are searching the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie.

Brian Laundrie search resumes this morning

A rainbow forms over the Carlton Reserve in Florida where authorities continue to search for Brian Laundrie on Wednesday.

Sarasota Police: Brian Laundrie is still on the run

The Sarasota Police Department, in a tweet, said Wednesday morning that "despite rumors, #BrianLaundrie is NOT IN THE CUSTODY of our agency at this time."

Gabby Petito’s hometown mourns her death

Residents in Petito’s hometown of Blue Point, N.Y., reportedly lit candles in front of their homes Tuesday night to pay tribute to the 22-year-old who was confirmed dead yesterday after her body was found earlier this week in Wyoming.

I know this article was early on, but I keep this LE statement in the back of my mind:

Police said Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the Gabby Petito case, could potentially hide out in the Florida reserve "for months."

Brian Laundrie could hide out in the swamps of the 'vast' Florida reserve 'for months,' police involved in Gabby Petito case say
i think they are giving him more credit then he deserves, first of all no not without alot of supplies he cant live in their for months, if all he had was that little backpack i doubt he has made it the 7 days that his parents say he has been in there already, i really and truley dont believe he is in there, at least not alive!

Yes. You'd need a psychopathic level of denial to continue to perpetuate this cruel and malevolent deceit against the family of a young woman you took into your home, against her memory in favor of your son who you now know is internationally wanted for murder.

They don't look brave in the face of hearing of their sons dead body.

They look composed and secure he is safe, but not anywhere near risking coming back to their home or their daughter's home or breaking into a neighbor or friends home.

I'm beginning to think he is indeed in his old stomping grounds in New York while they coldly allow this massive search to go one.

They have to know their futures are ruined and if they get to keep their home in a lawsuit, it will forever be tagged.

I wonder what the odds are that his attorney in NY is giving him a place to crash. Or he knows where he is. This case is insane. I doubt he was ever in that park and I think he was gone long before the cops ever became aware of Gabby Petito.

[URL='https://twitter.com/News12LI']News12LI
@News12LI[/URL]

HONORING GABBY: As you enter #BluePoint where Montauk Highway meets Nicolls Road, there is a billboard that reads “Gabby Petito, forever in our hearts.”

gvQ-DvPK

8:15 AM · Sep 22, 2021

Gabby Petito: Cops zero in again on Carlton Reserve in search for Brian Laundrie: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Gabby Petito’s parents to issue statement after her body returns to New York, uncle says

Gabby Petito’s uncle, Steve, tells Fox News on Wednesday that her parents will be issuing a statement when her body arrives home from Wyoming.

The development comes as the Teton County coroner tells Fox News’ Jeremy Copas that the 22-year-old's remains are still in his possession as forensic testing remains ongoing, including microscopic and toxicology examinations.

The coroner said the test results could be coming back in the next few days or weeks.

However, Petito’s body will not be given back to her family until the FBI allows it, the coroner added.

….

Gabby’s uncle calls law firm representing Laundrie ‘disgusting'

Steve Petito is speaking out on Instagram Wednesday against the law firm representing Brian Laundrie’s family, saying “we don’t require nor want your empathy” and “by you trying to show compassion here at this moment is beyond disgusting.”

Petito made the comments in reaction to a statement Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertoloni gave to Fox News yesterday, in which the lawyer said “May Gabby Rest in Peace.”

“As far as the law is concerned this law firm may be immune due to attorney/client privilege,” Steve Petito wrote.

“But in the eyes of the public you are as guilty and complicit with this massive cover-up and stalling tactic,” he added, without elaborating.

Dogs being deployed in Carlton Reserve search for Brian Laundrie

The North Port Police Department has released images of dogs being deployed this morning as the resumed effort to locate Brian Laundrie within the Carlton Reserve enters its second day.

Authorities first searched the sprawling, rugged terrain for Laundrie over the weekend before pausing on Monday and resuming yesterday.

A coroner on Tuesday ruled Gabby Petito's death as a homicide, while Laundrie -- whose current whereabouts are unknown -- remains a person of interest.

Carlton Reserve group says 8 to 10 trail cameras are currently inside area

The Friends of the Carlton Reserve, a nonprofit that describes itself as being "in support of one of Sarasota County's natural lands," tells Fox News' Stephanie Pagones that it has 8 to 10 trail cameras currently deployed in the area to "monitor wildlife.

"The locations of the cameras are kept secure and are not used for security purposes," the group wrote in an email. "Until recently we kept a continuous database that accumulated over 17,000 still images whose data were entered to include date, time, location, species, and other information relevant to the tally."

The group would not comment on whether they have provided any material captured by the cameras to law enforcement. Investigators are searching the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie.

Brian Laundrie search resumes this morning

A rainbow forms over the Carlton Reserve in Florida where authorities continue to search for Brian Laundrie on Wednesday.

Sarasota Police: Brian Laundrie is still on the run

The Sarasota Police Department, in a tweet, said Wednesday morning that "despite rumors, #BrianLaundrie is NOT IN THE CUSTODY of our agency at this time."

Gabby Petito’s hometown mourns her death

Residents in Petito’s hometown of Blue Point, N.Y., reportedly lit candles in front of their homes Tuesday night to pay tribute to the 22-year-old who was confirmed dead yesterday after her body was found earlier this week in Wyoming.

The bit about the cameras makes me think they have seen him in the reserve in the past couple of days.

I don't think Brian was an "abuser" as people like to keep repeating in this forum.

I don't think there is any evidence that what happened in Moab was a frequent occurrence. I also think that Gabby is likely the one that started the hitting/scratching/clawing on Aug 12th and I suspect if there were prior incidents of that nature (we don't know of any), the physical nature was also probably started by Gabby.

I think they were both a bit into some weird and (what some of us would call "creepy" stuff). Though, even with him, I don't get the feel of any dark obsession. I think Brian was the more intense and less outgoing one in the relationship. I don't think that's a particularly unusual dynamic for a guy/girl.

I'm not married to my opinions. Happy to change them if evidence emerged, but I'm not going to start with this "abuser" narrative... find a way to make every action fit and dismiss evidence that refutes that narrative as "things hidden by the cleverness of an abuser," etc..

I'd really like to know what happened from about Aug 17th - 25th. The family and law enforcement have said almost nothing.
Respectfully, I could not disagree more. More young women fight back these days when they're verbally and physically assaulted though. There's so much shame that goes on with the victim in these circumstances. It's the abusive cycle that's difficult to free yourself from. Wish Gabby had known that she could leave and have a chance for a safer future.

The Appalachian trail is one of the most hiked trails in the country. There are tons of thru-hikers and day hikers on it constantly. It's perfect weather for it in most places now too. I can't imagine he wouldn't immediately be spotted and maybe even detained if he was hiking a popular trail.

I hope he's sitting in a swamp getting eaten by mosquitos but if he's not, I imagine he either went somewhere to blend in like staying in a cheap motel somewhere using cash or hiding in maybe a less swampy nature preserve.

Regarding the Police Report and the 911 Call from Brian Entin -

"For everyone asking whether the Chris in the witness statement is the same Chris on the 911 call – I just got some clarity. I spoke to Moab Police. It’s a bit complicated. They explained that Grand County dispatch took the 911 call. And Moab Police took the witness statement.

Two different entities. Police could not tell me whether it is the same person or not. They say the only way to figure it out would be to compare the records. The problem is – the records from both entities are redacted. In the 911 call, they silenced the last name.

And in the police report they redacted the last name. So at this point I don’t think there is a way to know for sure."

911 Call
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1440003531486998528

Attachments

• Moab-PD.jpeg
    Moab-PD.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Moab-PD2.jpeg
    Moab-PD2.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 15
Just wondering...BL is 23 years old. I haven’t heard anywhere what he has done to support himself since graduating high school. Was he in college? If he’s working, how’s he get so much time off to wander out west. I guess the same questions apply to Gabby but at least she was trying to build her blog. Maybe that’s what made him mad. She was transitioning to a responsible adult.
How were they supporting themselves on the road?

From my reading: They both worked at a local Publix and had quit to take this trip, and she had sold her car to put money toward the van.

Maybe they also got birthday money, stimulus money, "have a good trip" money from the families, or sold stuff on Craigslist/FB Marketplace/Poshmark (as even Buster Murdaugh apparently did).

I hope LE's been tracking those selling platforms for GP's valuables. Where, for example, is her jewelry?

The conversation between BL and the police officer while BL was being driven to the motel keeps coming to my mind. They were talking about Sequoia National Park in CA and all the surrounding areas. I don't see how BL could possibly be there without being detected, but it's something that I took note of and wanted to share.

I

I am wondering if the fbi has asked them not to. They did call off their press conference because of an fbi request as I understand it. I am guessing they have been way more involved than we have been privy to.

Also, guessing that they are stunned. I don't see how anyone could have a plan with what has occured.

Probably don't want to do a interview, because news would ask questions they don't want to answer.

Also, looking at the area the helicopter is in currently, this is the same area that was mentioned last night on the police scanner.
Does anyone know if the person with the green backpack on the police scanner last night was ever located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060