Found Deceased CO - Saza Lee, 54, didn’t return from bike ride, Longmont, 10 Sep 2021

If you are a local, and posting what you are seeing there, I believe it is allowed. It can be hard to know sometimes what is ok and what is not, though. Thank you for trying to keep us informed yet stay within WS’s terms of posting.

Websleuths says:
Locals:
We no longer verify locals. It became way too time consuming and we didn't feel it was necessary. However, if a moderator deems that a poster seems to be more of an insider than a local, we will ask that you become verified before posting information that is not in the mainstream media. Otherwise, you are free to post about your area and what you've observed.”
And:
“Locals who are describing the area or are members of the gyms and that sort of thing do not need to be verified.”
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

WS rules says, in regard to social media pages that are not of the “Help Find” type of pages: “Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.”

So, I believe I am staying within the rules to say there’s a Voice of Longmont page, maybe this is the one @akazia1978 was talking about. We can’t bring information from there to WS, or link the page, but if you find it, you may take a look at it.

Please note, TOS also states:
“Additionally, please don't state or suggest that you are privy to inside information, but either can't or won't discuss it.

If you can't post it, don't!”

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Yes, we realize it seems we have a lot of rules at Websleuths, and there is much to learn for new members. Our discussion parameters are intentional, as we are proud of the fact Websleuths is considered the gold standard of true crime discussion forums. THANK YOU to the all valued long-standing AND welcomed new members who try hard to keep it that way!

I completely agree with this. Very rarely I'll run along a part of the LOBO trail after dark. Just Wednesday night (Sept 8) I was running the LOBO trail just west/southwest of Hover (apparently close to the western edge of where SL would bike). I got spooked a bit when I saw someone about 20 feet off the trail in the bushes...looked like they had a bike and lights. I stopped my run and turned off my headlamp for a few seconds just to understand more of what I thought I was seeing...my initial thought was a homeless person going to their camp (there have apparently been some camps in the area) or maybe someone ditching a stolen bike. Sort of spooky and I didn't linger long (maybe 15 seconds). This was about 8 pm. I checked my Garmin to see if I could pinpoint exactly where/when I stopped but couldn't tell. About a year ago someone was beaten to death along the trail about two miles east and someone was knifed to death on a connecting trail not far from Hover. I hope SL is found safe.

As a followup to my earlier post from the other day, I checked the area I mentioned on Friday (the brushy/woodsy area between the LOBO Trail and Left Hand Creek) and all I saw was four or five empty homeless camp sites spread out comprised mostly of old sleeping bags or blankets, dirty clothes, some food cans, etc....no tents. I'm guessing what I saw on the night of Sept 8th was someone heading to their camp.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/saza-lee-56024923 Observation: he hasn’t stayed at one place of employment very long, it seems. IMO. The longest ones listed is 2 years+ 7 mos. What might that mean? He gets restless for change? Dissatisfied easily? Just thinking.
Yes, you're right. He's lived in Colorado, Montana, Wyoming and Nebraska since 2018! That's 4 states in 3 years!

I wonder if he was having trouble adjusting with being almost continually on the move?

Maybe having many new jobs meant he found it difficult to make friends and connections at work and in his home town?

Feeling cut off and having no social life or friends can be very isolating.

MOO.

I keep thinking about how the Longmont Police have stated:
“Police believe Saza left on his own accord and that he is not a victim of a random crime, nor is this a random disappearance.”

and it makes me think of the case I was following here at WS just before this where a very similar message was put out by the LE for the mysteriously missing man (thread has since been removed). He also was said to be voluntarily missing by LE. In that case (not Saza), the husband and dad was was located and reunited with his family, with his wife quoted in a follow up news report saying he was “ in fragile condition”, which leads me to believe it is a mental health issue. Again—another case. Not talking about Saza, who is still missing. Just that the cases feel similar.

If this is also the case for Saza, I hope Saza decides to come home to his family and work out whatever is wrong. Saza, it may not feel like it, but problems can always be worked out. Come home.

Thanks for the update, @Mysti88c

Officers said his last cell phone activity was along the bike path near the park.” By “park” I assume they mean Kanemoto Park mentioned earlier in the article.

What kind of cell phone activity, I wonder. Did he call or text someone, or look up something in the browser, and whatever the cell activity was led police to believe they do not think he’s “the victim of a random crime”?

In the video accompanying the article, it said the photo of Saza we’ve all seen wearing what he was wearing when he left WAS taken by his wife just before he left for his bike ride that night, which is something I had wondered about in a prior post. It didn’t say why she snapped the photo of him. Is she just the kind of person who often likes to take photos of everyday goings on?
JMO

Thanks for the update, @Mysti88c

Officers said his last cell phone activity was along the bike path near the park.” By “park” I assume they mean Kanemoto Park mentioned earlier in the article.

What kind of cell phone activity, I wonder. Did he call or text someone, or look up something in the browser, and whatever the cell activity was led police to believe they do not think he’s “the victim of a random crime”?

In the video accompanying the article, it said the photo of Saza we’ve all seen wearing what he was wearing when he left WAS taken by his wife just before he left for his bike ride that night, which is something I had wondered about in a prior post. It didn’t say why she snapped the photo of him. Is she just the kind of person who often likes to take photos of everyday goings on?
JMO

Both good questions! I wonder if the nature of the phone activity is why they made the statement about him not being a victim of crime
About the snapshot of him before he left, it just seems statistically weird to me. How many times have we seen a picture of a missing person just as they left for the last time? Not very often.

If he were hit and left somewhere he'd have been found. Or evidence of a crash would be found. I am really confused too. That west bound trail goes all the way into Boulder. I wonder if there have been any searches? Still no missing flyers up anywhere I have seen, but I don't go towards Creekside anymore.

That sounds like the kind of wording they use when someone has left with a mental health issue, suicidal, etc.

Not saying that's necessarily the case here. Just seen that sort of wording in other cases.

I think they're also probably talking about when he left the house, not when he disappeared.

I saw a couple of relevant newer posts on the Voice of Longmont page.
But, remember: we can’t bring information from there to WS, or even link the page.
Hm interesting.

So what I'd want to ask is did he use an app like strava? Had he ever biked past Longmont before? Like to Niwot, Boulder, etc?And then I'd want to know what work thinks of his missing status.

Can someone please explain what they think is going on here? If I understand, the police believe Saza is voluntarily missing, but the family does not? And family is organizing searches?

This was the police statement, so you can read their exact wording and see what you think:

UPDATE 9/13/2021 at 11am: Longmont Police Detectives continue to investigate the disappearance of Saza. Police believe Saza left on his own accord and that he is not a victim of a random crime, nor is this a random disappearance. If you have information that would lead to the location of Saza, Longmont Police Services ask that you call Det Piotrowski at (303)774-4478.”

My interpretation, so JMO JMO: The police must have found evidence suggesting he has not come home by his own decision, perhaps planned. Maybe it’s a mental health issue—maybe something happened at work—I don’t know. It says they continue to investigate, so they are still working on it.

As for the family, they still need to find him, love on him, and and help him work through whatever made him want to leave, if the police are right that he left because he chose to. To his wife’s mind, they had a good relationship, so I’m sure she thinks he must not be in a healthy state of mind to have done this, and needs help. I believe there are community searches, but I don’t know the scale or how organized. JMO JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back