Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
How readily available are silencers?
Only relevant if her murder was pre-planned.

Sales of silencers are highly restricted by law. They require an application and the purchase of a special permit that takes about one year to obtain. It is extremely expensive. Also, a little gun like that would not be easily fitted for a silencer. There might be makeshift ways to silence a gun, but I doubt that would be applicable here.

Update on Gabby Petito: Lee County deputies search in Venice for missing Brian Laundrie

The Lee County Sheriff's Office Agricultural Unit began assisting the FBI and North Port Police Department Tuesday in the search for Brian Laundrie, the fiancé of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito.

The unit is in Venice at the T. Mabry Carlton Jr. Memorial Reserve in a swamp buggy, which gives investigators a better perspective in the reserve, according to Lee County Sheriff's Office Public Information Officer Nestor Montoya.

The buggy is 10-feet off the ground and can navigate over fallen debris and through water.

Could someone remind me why a few days ago, there were rumors circulating, that he was in Puerto Rico? What was the basis of that?

Someone here suggtested Cuba. That was my immediate thought, when he was declared missing. Someone with little money but a need to avoid LE, someone located in FL no less, would consider Cuba as a destination, though I don't think the government there would be amenable to harboring fugitives from the US. The poster said, some of the coastal areas are populated only by small villages, but I imagine word would travel like wildfire, that a foreigner had appeared in their midst.

Puerto Rico is still the US for LE purposes, so not a solution to someone trying to avoid accountability for a crime. But who knows, maybe he's not bright enough to figure that out. But the Puerto Rico theory seems like it never got any traction, especially not from LE.

That came from a respondent to Brian’s Entin’s tweet:

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439062400477585410?s=20

She has an instagram post of a breakfast which included turkey bacon too. I think her being vegan/vegetarian is just internet rumour, haven’t seen or heard either Gabby or her family having mentioned it.
Yeah. Kinda figured. But, who knows, could be true.

I think they have a good reason to be searching where they are. There has to be a reason to use so many resources for so long. Not just going on the parents word.

Also, if he had a gun or LE suspected he did they would probably warn public to not approach or that he may be armed and dangerous.
Agreed. I think LE would have a duty to warn the public if they suspected he was armed or a gun was missing from the house/not accounted for.

Still possible he had access to one that nobody knew of.

I see people talking about Brian chasing her but that's not what the 911 call said.

"Caller: Yes, and then we stopped, they ran up and down the sidewalk, he proceeded to hit her, hopped in the car and they drove off."

It could have been Gabby chasing him and him slapping her away. They both said he was trying to get away from her. Which is why she was afraid of him leaving her.

The argument with the phone happened 8/12, and they say she checked out of the hotel 8/24. I read that the hotel was near the airport.
That info is all verifiable. If he flew from Wyoming to Florida, the dates can be checked fairly easily. Also, the time in a hotel can be verified. Use of and computer appears to be normal by Gabby during those dates in August.
It’s the time period after the hotel check out Aug 24?) and BL’s return to Wyoming that things took a turn.
Some things are not as certain. Yes, the TikTok person who says she gave BL a ride sounds like she’s telling the truth and it is possible that happened when she says it did, but it’s also possible that some of that info is not true. There are folks who claim things when news is reported.
The fact remains that BL is not an official suspect. He’s wanted due to missing person report with harm possibilities, and as a witness, person of interest in a homicide. If he were found, all he has to say is that he wants to kill or harm self and he would likely be put into a mental health facility for observation, not jail. LE might not even be allowed to question him and he certainly does not have to answer any questions.

Respectfully, I could not disagree more. More young women fight back these days when they're verbally and physically assaulted though. There's so much shame that goes on with the victim in these circumstances. It's the abusive cycle that's difficult to free yourself from. Wish Gabby had known that she could leave and have a chance for a safer future.

I wonder if it had not been for the the social media pressures, GP would have left. IMO she was 100% in on the next step in life, being this trip and the social media boost from it. I also wonder if GP thought that the trip would improve their relationship.

IMO it was the worst situation, a high pressure trip, too much time together, social media pressures, and abuse (if murdered - i don't know how there isn't abuse). The only option was to return to the bland life of living with BL's parents and going back to work. IMO these added pressures are difficult to deal with - something most people would not have in every day life. I view GP as the 2020 version of "staying married for the kids". It was social media and a journey, instead of kids.

MOO

Earlier, Gabby Petito’s uncle, Steve, spoke out against the law firm representing Brian Laundrie’s family, saying "we don’t require nor want your empathy" and "by you trying to show compassion here at this moment is beyond disgusting."

"As far as the law is concerned this law firm may be immune due to attorney/client privilege," Steve Petito wrote on his Instagram page.

"But in the eyes of the public you are as guilty and complicit with this massive cover-up and stalling tactic," he wrote, without elaborating.

North Port Police public information officer Josh Taylor has told Fox News that cadaver dogs have been used "the whole time" in the search for Laundrie there, while investigators also are using sonar to check large bodies of water in the sprawling, rugged terrain.
Laundrie attorney says Brian's 'missing,' as Gabby Petito's uncle rips lawyer

It would depend on how long you plan to hike. I like to hike late in the day to avoid the sun and heat. Or he might have just gone to sit in the woods and block out the world. No need for anything other than flip flops in that case. The parents might have thought he was coming back and then he texted later that he was staying over night, or going on the lam. So they went to get his car to bring it home, or they went to get his car so they could drive him a 100 miles away before returning.

Sorry, the flip-flop statement was in reference to Gabby and Brian being in that kind of shoes on the trek, not him going hiking in FL wearing them. I have no idea what he was wearing that day. I don't know what "late Tuesday" means, but I can see what you mean by a short hike. But we can glean he wasn't going on just a short walk or hike in the rain that day (unless he met with foul play) because he never returned. That has to signify that he meant to be gone, and with that in mind, I'm still questioning going late in the rain.

I don't know what happened with the car. There are conflicting reports about it. I thought reports said his mom used that car. So that's irresponsible at the least to leave her without a car, again unless he was met with foul play or wanted to make people think that something happened to him on a short hike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa