Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced there was hard trying going on. Maybe. I think there was a "dream"... maybe even an "ambition" to make a go of monetized YouTube. It just wasn't planned well. It seems like maybe a 'well, I like that channel, so I'm gonna do what they did' type of business plan. As you suggested, it's saturated. Even the most high earning channels evolve 'cuz they cannot succeed with repetitive-ish content for long. And, one montage video in 2+/- months ain't gonna cut it. No way.

Judging by the quality of the photos, I think she tried really hard.

The thing is, people that don’t blog or do Youtube don’t know just how hard it really is. How much work goes into it. How long it takes. Especially in the beginning, because the learning curve is huge. And before you find your groove, your way of doing things, it really is a slow process.

(You think blog posts get written quickly, in reality it takes hours. Editing pics takes hours, if you have many. Video is especially time consuming, it takes days. Youtube is often difficult and uploads can take up to hours to go through. Social media alone is time consuming, even for a single photo.)

It’s much better to make things ahead of time. Produce content first, release later.

Gabby had the hunger and already a really solid following on IG. I think she had around 100k followers before this took a turn and she became a missing person. She clearly wanted it and was willing to work for it.

If anything, she just wasn’t prepared, as many aren’t. So her content calendar was empty because she thought she could do it along the way.

BL seems like the complete opposite to me. If anything he seems like someone who wants praise, but doesn’t understand or want to live the blogger / vlogger life. They seemed mismatched to me. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was annoyed with the amount of time she spent working on her project.

I really think she would’ve succeeded with or without him. Possibly without him if he really was blocking her.

MOO

Curious, sorry if it's been addressed.

They've been using helicopters for days to search for BL, usually on the western side of the reserve. There was just a Cessna doing circles nearby on the highway where it is split and has retention ponds. Is there a reason they would be using a plane for this instead of a helicopter? Different tech on board?

N610HP Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware
Replying to myself...

Apparently Florida Highway Patrol has planes they can use to catch speeding cars? So that's probably what it was doing?

I don’t remember where off the top of my head, but that quote and explanation from her mom was widely reported, I read it in several places, not just in the DM, which I rarely open links for.

I gotcha and agree. There were mighty slim pickings for sources. That's why I said it wasn't in MSM. I searched a good bit for a better source but had no luck. I'm starting to believe it was something the couple made up to tell the parents.

So, if they find Brian, what then? If he's just a POI can they make him leave the reserve?

Have the police given any reason why they are continuing their search in this wooded area?

I listened to JD a while ago and it seems the LE is getting a rough time of it from John Q Public taxpayers.

Does the public have a right to that kind of information? I know Florida is a pretty open information state.

Florida law doesn't matter if he is charged with murder by the feds. 18 U.S.C. 3 is clear that anyone who knowingly provides comfort or aid to someone who committed a crime against the United States (like federal murder) can be charged as an accessory after the fact.

I'm no attorney, but that sounds like it might be questionable. If Brian is charged it will be a federal crime because it happened on federal lands.

But, charges against his parents would not be tied to his case, but rather stand on their own, and I don't think the fed would be able to charge them. I think charges--if applicable--would come from the local court system.

I was watching the wfla live yesterday and they said that LE is not using helos for the search bc the forest/scrub is so thick that they can’t see anything. The helos circling during the day are the news choppers just watching the search, not LE.

now, the sheriff co. Helos at night…not sure. They have done a few short passes over the area around 10 to 11 pm the past two nights.

JMO.
Oh that's good to know! It makes sense why the helicopters are staying near the entrance. The night ones are likely infrared, although I doubt they're going to pick anything up... MOO.

Can you even imagine the conversations going on in the Laundrie truck today? Whatever the dynamics of BL and GP's relationship, I don't think anyone would have imagined back in June, when they were leaving for their adventure, that this would be their outcome two and three months later.

This applies to every person impacted by GP's death. It's devastating.
I would suspect their conversations are minimal. . . . I'd be thinking the whole joint is bugged. Can the FBI do that even if the parents are not under suspicion?

Imagine what would have happened had she been jailed...

She might stop covering for him. Witnesses would be called in. etc. The true story would be revealed.

He wanted to offer to go to jail to keep her and the witnesses from squealing on him.

He didn't offer to go to jail out of chivalry.
OH MY GOD NO. I don't know how many among us have been to jail, but I was arrested once at around her age for something I didn't do and it was extremely, extremely traumatic, even without having to spend the night in jail. It was a nightmare. Arrests are not something that people who are inclined to follow the law take lightly, especially people that age. Take someone vulnerable, gaslight her by telling her that HE is the victim, and then toss her in jail as a solution to a DV incident? No bueno!!! JMO.

I know there is no proof, that's why I questioned how the "Gabby investigators" determined what they saw was a sonogram, or knew what type it was.

From a photograph media had. The media made assumptions on what it was and so forth. No experts, LE or family confirmed these photos or reports so they could have been doctored photos for all we know. IMO

Have the police given any reason why they are continuing their search in this wooded area?

I listened to JD a while ago and it seems the LE is getting a rough time of it from John Q Public taxpayers.

Does the public have a right to that kind of information? I know Florida is a pretty open information state.

I bet they are.

I can't possibly go back now, but before all this happened, how many followers did GP have (on any account?). Was it a large number? Perhaps her newfound popularity was upsetting to him as she got more attention. I saw some of her posts barely had any comments (prior to the public attention) so I can't imagine it was going too well. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa