Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my mind, the oddest part of this saga is the fact he flew back to Florida for a week and shortly after returning to the hike, she was killed. That return to Florida has something major to do with this and perhaps a window to the motive...?

I agree with you and after watching all the news coming out about their history it seems now that they have had a drama filled 7 year relationship. So based on this IMHO, his parents and her parents must have been used to them arguing. And multiple break ups. Maybe this was another breakup by one or both of them and they got back together for why we don't know. But things had definitely been spiraling out of control and with no support system or space available for either one of them, he may have just totally lost it. All MHO of course.

MOO- I don’t think BL gave any of this a thought. He very likely was using her ATM, credit cards, phone , van, money, etc so frequently that it didn’t occur to him that the ride ends when she is gone. I do not believe he looked at it as stealing because he was so used to being the driver of things, quite literally the van

It is likely that he contributed to the bank accounts funding the Debit card. Gabby lived with his family and they likely both indulged heavily in the Laundries’ resources.

In the Moab LE tape, BL says he doesn’t have a phone. He may well not have one. Wouldn’t need one if he shared Gabby’s. Also would explain why he might have taken hers at times and that they’d fight over it. They likely shared everything until they got mad at each other.

Now that Gabby is gone, all of her belongings that are at the Laundries’ house, anything of hers in the cars, camper, etc and the van itself belong to her family. As does every cent in her bank accounts as of date she died. Banks have special federal regulations and penalties are steep if they are broken
something i saw recently - in the moab video he says he does not have a phone but later is seen on camera in that same video taking out his phone

Because her family was contacting them asking where Gabby was? Why would they refuse to answer? Then, because a missing persons report was made? Why would they refuse to speak to the police who came to their door, instead just handing them their lawyers information and closing the door? And finally, because Gabby’s family put out a public statement BEGGING them to share what they know. BEGGING. Ignored again. But sure, they thought everything was just fine. I don’t think so. Their behavior is unfathomable to me. As a parent of a 22yo daughter I can’t imagine the pain, frustration, and desperation Gabby’s family must have felt. It was callous, cold and cruel.
And it showed that they were aware of criminality by their son. IMO.

But didn't Gabby tell her Dad there was a power outage at the hotel in SLC, and that's why she couldn't buy anything....

I'm sure I remember reading that here several times.

Yes, although Rocky Mountain Power says the outage was over by 5 pm (approx) on Aug 20. It was not that long. And there were still grocery stores open. It's possible that a credit/debit card wouldn't have worked - but surely Gabby would have had $10 for a meal? I figure she was lonely and very upset and wanted to contact her dad, they had a talk (did she tell him it was for two people or not?) And paid for dinner.

But the power outage was not a big deal and is something most 22 year olds could handle out on the road - there was something else going on (no funds, loneliness, anxiety, dad being generous, something...)

I agree. We need to cut them a break until we have actual facts of what BL told them and know exactly their thought process afterwards. They've been though enough.

Well for starters they handed LE at first contact the contact info for an attorney. IMO, they had the attorney on retainer before Gabby was reported missing. Then there is the whole thing of waiting days to report their son missing. And they apparently lied about when they picked the car up from the preserve. A reporter went through video footage that confirms when the car left and came back. And it dies not match up to what they or their attorney said.

Imo, these people haven't suffered enough. While they had their son safe and alive at home, they ignored Gabby's parents who were desperately trying to locate there daughter. Then they issued cold press releases as if they never knew Gabby and she never lived in their home.

MOO- I don’t think BL gave any of this a thought. He very likely was using her ATM, credit cards, phone , van, money, etc so frequently that it didn’t occur to him that the ride ends when she is gone. I do not believe he looked at it as stealing because he was so used to being the driver of things, quite literally the van

It is likely that he contributed to the bank accounts funding the Debit card. Gabby lived with his family and they likely both indulged heavily in the Laundries’ resources.

In the Moab LE tape, BL says he doesn’t have a phone. He may well not have one. Wouldn’t need one if he shared Gabby’s. Also would explain why he might have taken hers at times and that they’d fight over it. They likely shared everything until they got mad at each other.

Now that Gabby is gone, all of her belongings that are at the Laundries’ house, anything of hers in the cars, camper, etc and the van itself belong to her family. As does every cent in her bank accounts as of date she died. Banks have special federal regulations and penalties are steep if they are broken

He had a phone. He lied to the Moab officer about not having one. When he was asked for his phone number later in the encounter, he pulled it out of his pocket.

something i saw recently - in the moab video he says he does not have a phone but later is seen on camera in that same video taking out his phone
Yes, he is a liar too. He wanted to take her phone and lock her out of the van, which he tried to do and then spun that she was going to leave him there without a phone.

You don't pub

If you're going on a trip and documenting it to become an influencer, you have that ready to go before you leave and uploaded content throughout.
It's not an instant process, she was working creatively.. not just shooting and going.. there was background music, special effects, possibly filters, (for his mug) and so much more that I don't have a clue about. I know from working with artists that editing takes 00's of hours...
Also, if he was a prop and not there she was likely editing footage already shot?

She did. That's the thing. She worked the whole day with her father on her website via youtube live, I guess? He was saying that on Dr. Phil. What he did NOT say to my knowledge is that Brian had left her there alone for the whole week. Seems like something he'd say since he was specifically discussing that time period and since he was adamant if he'd known Brian would leave her alone, he'd go get her. So if he's saying all that, stands to reason he'd mention that Brian really did leave her alone.
I didn't realize it was that long. I thought it was just long enough to order pizza. Still, I would think that she would be talking to her friends or her mom. My impression is that she was a lot more social and outgoing than Brian.

And I do remember him saying if he knew she was alone he'd come get her. I wonder why she didn't feel comfortable enough to tell her parents what was going on, especially if they did break up at that time. Maybe she didn't want them to worry.

It will be interesting to learn what LE finds on her cellphone and computer data during that time.

What does "silver play button" mean? Please enlighten those of us not into social media. Thanks!
It's a milestone award given to YouTubers when they reach 100k subscribers. It is like a plaque they can display with their channel name, etc. It is a goal for a lot of channels. Someone earlier posted a wikipedia page that described it more in detail with some photos.

Interesting info from a former coworker of Brian:

In conversation about hiking … Brian talked about the longest time that he spent in the woods was 6 weeks and bragged about only having a large pack of either cheese or peanut butter crackers to sustain him for that time,” the source told The Post in a text.

He is well versed in spending a long time in the woods and living off nearly nothing,” they said.

A friend of Ms Petito’s also warned that Mr Laundrie had well-honed solo survival skills, in a separate Daily Mail report:

“I know he lived in the Appalachians for what I believe was three months, and he did it by himself, so I know he’s skilled at it,” she said. “He and Gabby both told me stories about it,” Ms Davis added. “And you could see the enthusiasm in his voice when he would talk about his adventures by himself like that trip into the Appalachians.”

Brian Laundrie ‘skilled’ in wilderness survival, say sources

I wonder what kind of "adventures" he had by himself out in the woods.

Any other people missing during that time period he was having adventures out in the woods for 3 months?

MOO- I don’t think BL gave any of this a thought. I do not believe he looked at it as stealing because he was so used to being the driver of things, quite literally the van.
It is likely that he contributed to the bank accounts funding the Debit card.

Being the driver of the van doesn't give you ownership rights.

Paying money into someone's account doesn't give you the right to spend on their debit card.

If it was a genuine joint bank account, he would have had his own card and access to it. But he didn't. He used Gabby 's card fraudulently after she was dead.

But BL's parents didn't answer any calls from Gabby's Dad and Mom over a period of many days. These calls were purposefully ignored.
I can't cut them a break for that. That shows wilful evasion.

A sweet young woman who lived with them for 2 years did not come back from a cross country trip with their son. Not only did they not answer any of Gabby's relative's calls/texts but they also didn't reach out to them to make sure she was ok or to make sure they knew that she didn't come back to their home. That is despicable IMO and they deserve whatever consequences arise from their behavior.
Because BL probably had a rage at them and told them not to. Or threatened them. Or manipulated them. Or lied. Or all of these.

If they were afraid of him they could have simply called LE and turned him in. LE would have been more than happy to remove him from their home. They did not do that because I doubt that is the case. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500